• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Oxyneo (Tamper-resistant oxycodone) - how much total per pill?

PainGoblin

Greenlighter
Hey there! Sorry if this has been asked before I read a few threads and couldn’t find an answer. But I might just be dumb lol.
I have been taking Oxyneo for over a year. I take an Oxyneo 20 in the morning and a 30 at bed time.
I ran out of Oxyneo 30 but I have some extra 20s. (So, I’ve been taking 20mg Oxyneo twice a day, which is a 10mg reduction in my bed time dose) I didn’t think the withdrawals would be bad but it’s been VERY uncomfortable.
I’m wondering how much total oxycodone is in 20mg of Oxyneo. If I cut it up and take it, would it be like taking 20mg of immediate release, or is there more than that? I figure they’re supposed to last 12 hours (they don’t lol) so there’s probably like 60mg (or something) total in the pill, and it releases the 60mg slowly to keep you feeling 20mg of oxy steadily, right? I can’t for the life of me figure out how much drug is contained in an entire pill!
I’m desperate to feel stable and get rid of this nasty sick feeling and sneezing but I don’t want to risk overdose.
Please help me stop these gross symptoms, I don’t want to feel awful for Christmas Day 🤕 Thank you for your time and patience!

Sorry to disappoint but : Each round, unscored, pink, biconvex, controlled-release tablet, marked with "ON" on one side and "20" on the other, contains 20 mg of oxycodone hydrochloride.

So it sounds like 20mg in the tablet on slow release. Grind it up, divide into two 10mg doses, and eat a few grapefruit? Have you any other potentiators? So sorry the asshole docs have left you uncomfortable over Christmas.
It was honestly partially my fault for not getting a refill sooner, I didn’t realize my doctor would be on vacation lol. Forgot they are also people with families…
I really just want to be able to take my normal 30mg at night. Thinking about trying to simply split a 20mg, then take a half along with a whole 20mg. I have enough to get me through until my doctor is back, if I can divide the 20mgs into smaller doses like that.
I also have codeine contin 50mg, Ativan and klonopin, though I haven’t taken a benzo in years. All past prescriptions I’ve had at one time. I don’t think I have any grapefruit or anything that can speed up the breakdown process, though.
Thanks so much for the help!

I’ll see if I can get ahold of some grapefruit juice once the stores are open, it’s super early morning on Christmas Day here.
Is it safe to mix codeine with oxy? I’ve always heard mixing opiates can make you puke.

Thank you for the chart! It’s super helpful.
I just wanted to update. I ended up chopping up one of the 20mg Oxyneo, and putting just over half of it into a shot glass with some cola. Let it sit for about 5 hours. Squished the remaining slime blobs against the glass, scraped them off the wall of the glass, and discarded them. Drank most of the cola slime shot. It hit me pretty hard about half an hour later, I think this is just because my body isn’t used to it coming on so quickly, and I’ve been dealing with withdrawal for a few days as well. I waited until about an hour had passed before I drank the last bit in the shot glass. Felt a bit high after drinking the last bit, but again that could be because my tolerance dropped a little.
The drink is pretty gross, but the cola method works great for dissolving these little asshole pills lol. Relieved for the help here, thank you again.

Will the cola practice work for morphine ER? It’s got a film on it to prevent breaking it up and also turns to gel when you do. Was thinking of plugging it - would I be able to do the tablet whole?

Will the cola practice work for morphine ER? It’s got a film on it to prevent breaking it up and also turns to gel when you do. Was thinking of plugging it - would I be able to do the tablet whole?
(I'm just editing this bc I clearly don't understand lol)
If you haven't yet, it might be worth searching the "Oxycodone OP" threads for info about breaking down the demon pills. Good luck!

Last edited: