• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Oxymorphone hell...slowly reclaiming my life

Thanks, 10Years! I am getting ready to fly out to Washington tomorrow to meet a friend and then drive down the Pacific Coast highway to Cali. I did this in 2015 when I was taking my prescribed morphine and oxycodone and did it alone. It was ok, but overall I am am looking forward to making the trip clean and sober and with companionship as well.The good news is my friend does not drink or use... he is just an overall good and honest person I have known for 30 years. And... the best news is, his dog will accompany us... I love dogs so am very much looking forward to the experience.

I wanted to add I am still jumping through hoops re my new job, but I don't foresee any problems. I have a start date of August 1st... I get back two days before that so I am glad to have my mind occupied so that I do not obsess over returning to the workforce.

Last edited:
Hey b dog... so happy to read that you continue to do well on your journey!

POkemama how are you feeling now that you are clean?
I read your journey and sounded a lot like mine......

Hey Sista im happy to see your doing great!! Hope your having and awesome vacation. 7/25 was 8 months no opioids for me seems like a lifetime ago now

Hi TLD: many thanks for dropping by... congrats on 8 months off of opiates!
I have over 5 months clean and sober now... I got home late last night from my trip down the Pacific Coast. of course, the scenery was spectacular.

We drove from Seattle to my friend's home in Santa Cruz... what an interesting little city. I made it to an NA meeting there, as well as to meetings in other coastal towns. I enjoy getting a peek into the cultural differences through the lens of 12 step meetings.

I had no cravings at all, although I did have to breathe and meditate occasionally.

I start my new job's orientation tomorrow at 7:45 am. The jury is still out on whether I will make this job part of my life or not. Time will tell.
I hope all my friends and acquaintances here on BL are well and healthy.

Thanks, Sim. Just thought I would process here a little about my first week. To begin, it was orientation and some basic trainings. I have to admit I am very tired physically and emotionally, but to be expected. I had a stressful day yesterday, but went to a good meeting last night and garnered the support I needed. So I feel I ended the week on a pretty good note.
I definitely have to take this one day at a time, heck, one hour at a time occasionally. I haven't even started training for my specific position so don't know how much I will enjoy the job, but am willing to give it a shot. I am definitely much less anxious and worried now that I am clean and sober.

Last edited:
Glad to hear things seem promising. I'll be sending you my best thoughts.

If you want to chat about any of the stress, worry, exhaustion, excitement, please feel free to PM!

Glad you enjoyed that trrip. Doing things clean--Sooo much better and less complicated. Holy crap. I'm still going forward. Been more on the side of sober but am going through an extrenely stressful time in my life. Hope the job works out. Take care mama.

Thanks, 10 years... keep up the good work you are definitely heading in the right direction...

Just am taking a minute to check in, as on Friday, 8.25.2017, I celebrated 6 months clean and sober. Life is incredibly rich and busy right now, so I apologize to those I cannot reply to in PMs at this time. Between babysitting for my grandchildren several days a week, running my own business, and experiencing a huge learning curve on a part time job opportunity that is challenging and interesting, as well as trying to fit in a few 12 step meetings a week... I can honestly say I have not been this happy and fulfilled in years! Life is amazing when for me when I am clean and sober and work a program. Peace and light to all my friends here on BL!!

Just am taking a minute to check in, as on Friday, 8.25.2017, I celebrated 6 months clean and sober. Life is incredibly rich and busy right now, so I apologize to those I cannot reply to in PMs at this time. Between babysitting for my grandchildren several days a week, running my own business, and experiencing a huge learning curve on a part time job opportunity that is challenging and interesting, as well as trying to fit in a few 12 step meetings a week... I can honestly say I have not been this happy and fulfilled in years! Life is amazing when for me when I am clean and sober and work a program. Peace and light to all my friends here on BL!!

That's wonderful, POke. Thanks for the update.

b dog! How are you? So good to see you posting... I am very busy these days... too busy, but it is what it is. I will have 9 months clean and sober on November 25th if I continue to do this one day at a time.
To explain... I have family responsibilities two=three days a week... I choose these willingly, as I owe my family alot, in terms of being there for them;
but, I bought a much better car, and so I work two days a week, 10 hour days at that job, and I have a small business, that I also work at a couple days, (short days) a week.
I miss the days when i first got clean, because I went to a lot of meetings, and took a lot of walks. Now, I get my exercise running around at work and with taking care of family, and don't get to as many meetings as I would like. But, I am incredibly happy to be clean and just am amazed at how I used to spend day after day doing, well, basically nothing, but taking pills, counting pills, waiting to take pills, etc... wow!

Last edited:
You've come a long way sister :) are you working as a nurse again? Congrats on your progress! It feels pretty fucking good, no? Thank you for dropping by to let us know. It's always such a pleasure to hear from a success story. I know they happen more than we hear about it, but people get busy and move on and such, so I understand. Which is why I say, thanks for dropping by <3

Thanks, TPD! I am not a nurse, but in a closely related field... and no, I have little or no access to drugs... which really doesn't matter, because I could call up my pain management doctor tomorrow and get an appointment this week for opiates. However, I do not want to return to a living hell! And, I don't want to throw my money away, when I need to pay off my car;).
The holiday plans to spend days with my family are shaping up nicely... I am excited for Thanksgiving this year!
I did make a commitment to an online friend to attend more face to face meetings, as an experiment. I wanted to see if work went better when I am more into my program. Sure enough, I went to an NA meeting before work one day last week, and my workday went better than ever. I continue to practice mindfulness as often as possible - it is making a difference in my level of insight into what is best for me... I am understanding how my own mind works and being compassionate to myself pays off.