• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxymorphone and severe congestion

TheRattus

Greenlighter
So lately I've gotten my hands on some 30mg oxymorphone pills (brown G77 generic ER). I'm mildly opiate tolerant, but hadn't done opanas in a few years (used to get the good stop signs back in the day). My preferred ROA is nasal, and I know the oral BA on oxymorphone makes it a waste to eat them.

I've snorted pretty much everything without problemd, but these opanas are giving me issues. I'll snort a quarter of one, and the effects hit me fine, but about 8 hours later, I get SEVERE sinus congestion. It's like bad allergies or a bad cold, the side I did the opanas in gets totally blocked and I get a super watery mucus that literally pours out of my nose. This lasts almost 24 hours.

I know the ERs are supposed to gel, but that doesn't seem like the problem. It doesn't hit me for almost 8 hours, and even if I blow my nose a few mins after snorting I still get the congestion. I've even tried saline spray a few minutes after, and that doesn't help. I filter the powder before I take it to filter out the brown coating.

The first time I tried these G77s and got this, I figured it was just bad timing and I got a cold or something. But I've tried several times over the last month or two, and it's the same every time. It's literally 24 hours of misery every time. Anyone else get this? The only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm allergic to one of the fillers or something? I've thought of trying benadryl with the dose, but I don't know how the diphenhydramine will effect the potency of the dose, or if it will give me a nod, which I'm not a huge fan of. Was just wondering if anyone else gets this and had a way of dealing with it that I hadn't thought of.

Those particular generics dont gel so thats not the issue. I too snort like a champ but have done far more IR Opana than abusable ER. I forget just how much powder forms when crushed and would have to check excipients. Does say snorting a bunch of oxy do the same?

It's not much powder at all, a very small line. It's actually the smallest amount of any kind of powder I snort at once. I snort oxy, percs, even scramble in far larger doses than this. I like the opanas for its potency and nasal BA, but this congestion kinda ruins it.

sorry i know this isn't helpful to you but would you mind telling me how you filter the powder? i get really bad sinuses from snorting pills and this might really help.

cheers

I just have a small strainer like you would find in a kitchen gadget store and I have a small teaspoon that matches it's contour perfectly. It gives me a fairly fine powder, and since the coating on the G77s is kind of the consistency of paper, it does a good job straining that out. Keep in mind though I'm only doing this to avoid big particles, not to shoot anything up, so it's not super efficient or anything like that.