• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OxyContin

PAW2244

Greenlighter
I’ve got OxyContin and I want to remove the coating but they’re the kind with the tamper resistant coating. How can I remove it? This is all very new to me! Thanks!

Not sure buddy, I only get the OC’s, I have seen plenty of discussion on this over recent years though. Dissolving in certain drinks e.g Coca Cola is one of the methods I remember. Insufflation can be challenging too I believe.

I would suggest doing a search of “OP Oxy” or tamper proof OxyContin. Hope this helps!!!!

Not sure buddy, I only get the OC’s, I have seen plenty of discussion on this over recent years though. Dissolving in certain drinks e.g Coca Cola is one of the methods I remember. Insufflation can be challenging too I believe.

I would suggest doing a search of “OP Oxy” or tamper proof OxyContin. Hope this helps!!!!
Thanks! I’ve googled it and found nothing helpful.

Defo some threads on here mate. What have you tried already if anything?

I would suggest first Maybe Suck it gently then dry it to see if the colour is removed.

Defo some threads on here mate. What have you tried already if anything?

I would suggest first Maybe Suck it gently then dry it to see if the colour is removed.
They’re white and I tried that already. The ones I have are not generic and from what I’ve read online it’s almost impossible to remove the coating. I read something about freezing them but no details on what to do. I have searched this site and everyone talks about the old ones. Mine are stamped OP not OC. My doctor is neurotic about prescribing all the newest stuff. It took me two years to convince him to prescribe OxyContin. Morphine is a joke for me. I’ve been living with horrific pain for 20 years. Doctors only care about the possibility of losing their license. I am not looking to do this for fun. I’m out of Oxycodone and the OxyContin is only 10mg which doesn’t touch my pain so I’m thinking if I can just take them without the coating maybe it’ll be like a 10 mg Oxycodone. Can you tell I’m very new at this? Lol!!

Are you in the US. Yes I get you, I have Longtec which are one of the many UK brands which the OC’s are manufactured under. Still Purdue Contins essentially (Check out my profile pic)

I am sure we can find an answer don’t worry. I shall link in a few of the guys who may have the info you need, either to succeed or at least give you a solid conclusion either way.

It’s ok that your new at it, and you are smart enough to be researching your options. Recently when I had a dosage increase, I was prescribed Oxeltra which were more like the OP’s you lot get, but it still worked when finely crushed to some degree, but “gel-like” upon contact with water. My excuse to my GP, was that they caused horrible Nausea compared to my normal brand. Is there no way he/she will switch you back?

Are you in the US. Yes I get you, I have Longtec which are one of the many UK brands which the OC’s are manufactured under. Still Purdue Contins essentially (Check out my profile pic)

I am sure we can find an answer don’t worry. I shall link in a few of the guys who may have the info you need, either to succeed or at least give you a solid conclusion either way.

It’s ok that your new at it, and you are smart enough to be researching your options. Recently when I had a dosage increase, I was prescribed Oxeltra which were more like the OP’s you lot get, but it still worked when finely crushed to some degree, but “gel-like” upon contact with water. My excuse to my GP, was that they caused horrible Nausea compared to my normal brand. Is there no way he/she will switch you back?
Yes. I’m in the US. I am taking OxyContin for the first time. I’m on OxyContin 10mg twice a day and Oxycodone 10mg four times a day. I’m out of the Oxycodone but I have 15 OxyContin. I’m assuming if I can remove the coating and just swallow what’s left it will be like taking Oxycodone?? It’s such a low dose of OxyContin and I feel like it does nothing for the pain. I have a very high tolerance because the car accident was 20 years ago. I have 5 herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis and arthritis in my spine, hips, hands, knees and feet. I’m 62 but physically I feel about 92. It’s not fun. I really hope your help so much!!

Sorry to hear of your injuries and troubles. What seems a little odd is, if you have been treated for 20years how are you still on such low doses, or have you been up and down etc?

If you have the same dose of IR (immediate release) and SR (sustained release) Oxy, its no wonder you find the SR useless, because you are used to a quick onset of 10mg and 4-6hrs relief (if and when they do still help.) All you can do with the Sr is try and test, by powderising and then parachute/encapsulate or dissolve them.

I have a similar regime but my primary pain med is Longtec 40mg and 10mg Shortec for breakthrough pain as needed. You see the foundations are built with a higher dose than the IR 10mg capsules, this is a pretty standard routine. Seems like you need to have a word with your doc. Try first and let’s take it from there, we can consider potentiation if need be later.

Attachments

• C07F0EDA-52FC-4A33-A23D-C87C601958ED.jpeg
    C07F0EDA-52FC-4A33-A23D-C87C601958ED.jpeg
    680.2 KB · Views: 7
Sorry to hear of your injuries and troubles. What seems a little odd is, if you have been treated for 20years how are you still on such low doses, or have you been up and down etc?

If you have the same dose of IR (immediate release) and SR (sustained release) Oxy, its no wonder you find the SR useless, because you are used to a quick onset of 10mg and 4-6hrs relief (if and when they do still help.) All you can do with the Sr is try and test, by powderising and then parachute/encapsulate or dissolve them.

I have a similar regime but my primary pain med is Longtec 40mg and 10mg Shortec for breakthrough pain as needed. You see the foundations are built with a higher dose than the IR 10mg capsules, this is a pretty standard routine. Seems like you need to have a word with your doc. Try first and let’s take it from there, we can consider potentiation if need be later.
They won’t prescribe higher doses because of the opioid epidemic in the US. All the junkies have made it really bad for those of us in real pain. Thanks again for your help. I’m going to talk to my doctor.

These decisions are going to screw your countries system up, in the opposite way at this rate. For all the failings of my NHS here in London, this would never happen to genuine patients. That’s ok anytime I know what it’s like being on the medicinal merry-go-round.

Try and take a powderised 10mg and see how it goes. Do you think your DR would be open to a 20mg OxyContin? If I were you, i’d Point out that there is no point in having BT Oxy at the same level as your SR Oxy (in your opinion) and state they must understand, that clinical tolerance is natural after years of opioids ?

I don’t know how to powderize it. If I can’t remove the coating I can’t do it. When I tried sucking on it for a few seconds it just turns into a gooey mess. I’ve tried everything but it doesn’t work. I’v been telling him for years that I need a higher dose and he sees the pain I’m in but they don’t care. I’m so tired of the stigma that goes with being on pain meds but I can’t function without them. Thanks again!!

What brand is it? Ah so it was an uphill battle even before the crackdown on Opioids?

I have had some similar Oxeltra but don’t want to give you the wrong info as I am not certain yours are coated with the Gastro resistant outer shell I had once. Maybe a dry rub with kitchen roll paper, see if it fades then without moisture. I am led to believe that the mechanisms of some are built into the compound itself. Worst case scenario chop it into quarters and wash em down with a carbonated or more acidic beverage.

Any chance you can help with this one @Wilson Wilson

I'm not recommending it but, when the OP's first came out and everyone was ultra bummed and withdrawaling hard, a way was devised to liberate at least most of the oxy in the OPs. The full process can be looked up online but it involves using a metal rasp to file the plasticy material as fine as possible. Then heat is applied one way or another until the pill shavings brown moderately. This disables the gelling feature (mostly). Then you cool it, scrape it up, and snort. Do not IV the results of this hillbilly extraction. If you decide to do this, look up the procedure in detail or you'll be wasting a lot of oxy. Good luck.

I'm not recommending it but, when the OP's first came out and everyone was ultra bummed and withdrawaling hard, a way was devised to liberate at least most of the oxy in the OPs. The full process can be looked up online but it involves using a metal rasp to file the plasticy material as fine as possible. Then heat is applied one way or another until the pill shavings brown moderately. This disables the gelling feature (mostly). Then you cool it, scrape it up, and snort. Do not IV the results of this hillbilly extraction. If you decide to do this, look up the procedure in detail or you'll be wasting a lot of oxy. Good luck.
Thanks!! I’m not looking to snort it. I just want it to be fast acting. I’m out of my Oxycodone and these are all I have till I see the doctor. It’s definitely as you described. A plastic hard coating and it’s impossible to cut them. I tried many times but I think they’re making them impossible to mess with. Appreciate your help!

What brand is it? Ah so it was an uphill battle even before the crackdown on Opioids?

I have had some similar Oxeltra but don’t want to give you the wrong info as I am not certain yours are coated with the Gastro resistant outer shell I had once. Maybe a dry rub with kitchen roll paper, see if it fades then without moisture. I am led to believe that the mechanisms of some are built into the compound itself. Worst case scenario chop it into quarters and wash em down with a carbonated or more acidic beverage.

Any chance you can help with this one @Wilson Wilson
I don’t see a brand anywhere. Just stamped OP and 10 on the other side. Thanks again for everything!!

You’re very welcome, that’s why we’re here?

OC = original formula (pre epidemic) no issues!!!!
OP = tamper proofing (either part of full)
OX = Prototype”ish” SR (Gels up on contact with liquid)

Hope this helps!!!!!

it dont make sense to have 10mg ir and 10mg over 12hours 9released n 6-8)

The brand will be Purdue since this is the US version. In the US, Purdue still has a patent on XR oxy and there's no generics.

These OP's are basically impossible to turn into IR. Best bet is, as @Shortec Stublue!! said, stick them in Coke overnight. This will break them down and should make them mostly IR. Put in whatever IR dose your tolerance can handle and see if it works.

There's not much else to be done unfortunately. Sorry to hear that you as a legit pain patient are being harmed by the kneejerk reaction to this whole "opioid crisis", you can blame Purdue for it. You've now gone from one extreme to another: overprescription to underprescription.

It is also a good idea to speak to your doc because 10mg oxy in XR form is basically a placebo sugar pill. You want at least 20mg preferably 30-40mg. If they won't give this to you ask for more IR instead of the OP's because such a low dose time released isn't helping your pain - which is of course not a lie, it wouldn't help a headache.

Due to the whole oxy thing in the US they seem to stigmatise XR opiates now so you will likely have better luck asking for a boost on your current IR script than a higher dose of the OP's.

The brand will be Purdue since this is the US version. In the US, Purdue still has a patent on XR oxy and there's no generics.

These OP's are basically impossible to turn into IR. Best bet is, as @Shortec Stublue!! said, stick them in Coke overnight. This will break them down and should make them mostly IR. Put in whatever IR dose your tolerance can handle and see if it works.

There's not much else to be done unfortunately. Sorry to hear that you as a legit pain patient are being harmed by the kneejerk reaction to this whole "opioid crisis", you can blame Purdue for it. You've now gone from one extreme to another: overprescription to underprescription.

It is also a good idea to speak to your doc because 10mg oxy in XR form is basically a placebo sugar pill. You want at least 20mg preferably 30-40mg. If they won't give this to you ask for more IR instead of the OP's because such a low dose time released isn't helping your pain - which is of course not a lie, it wouldn't help a headache.

Due to the whole oxy thing in the US they seem to stigmatise XR opiates now so you will likely have better luck asking for a boost on your current IR script than a higher dose of the OP's.
Wow!! You hit the nail on the head!!! It’s awful here. I’ve been seeing this doctor for 3 years and I’ve never screwed up but they look at me like I’m standing on a street corner at night selling my meds!! I’m driving a 20 year old Honda. If I was dealing I’d be in a brand new Lexus. It pisses me off! I’m in agony all the time because they won’t increase the dose. All they care about is losing their license. Thanks for your advice and help!!

Wow!! You hit the nail on the head!!! It’s awful here. I’ve been seeing this doctor for 3 years and I’ve never screwed up but they look at me like I’m standing on a street corner at night selling my meds!! I’m driving a 20 year old Honda. If I was dealing I’d be in a brand new Lexus. It pisses me off! I’m in agony all the time because they won’t increase the dose. All they care about is losing their license. Thanks for your advice and help!!
And yes, it’s it’s Purdue. They turn into a goopy mess when wet. You can’t cut them. I give up.