• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OxyContin ER dose

Ikercasillas2019

Greenlighter
Hey guys, ive got 2 brand new bottles of OxyContin 20MG, problem is, they are extended release, so I dont know what would be a good recreational dose of the extended release version? I know it gets released way slower so the effects are less intense but it lasts longer if its ER but I dont know how much should I take to get some recreational effects, ive never done opiates except tramadol once... 6 feet tall, 205 pounds, any recommendations?

Are they the ones that break into powder or so they not crush? Either way a whole one should be more than enough while half would probably work fine and if they are the old crushable formula 5mg if you crush it to a powder

Yeah, with no tolerance you'll be fine taking 1 pill. Please be careful. No one wants to see you posting in 2 years asking how to shoot heroin, you know? Take them occasionally or when you're in pain. Try not to chase a high or you'll take the entire 2nd bottle in a week.

Hey guys, thank you both so much for your replies, ive opted to taking 150mg tramadol instead and .5mg xanax instead for today, maybe in 1 week ill try the oxycontin, by the way, these are the bottles ive got, by any slim chance does anybody know if these are crushable or not?
oxycontin-20mg.png

All of these kinds of tablets are crushable, the question is, "do they gel up?"

The easiest way to find the answer is to split the pill and try to dissolve it in water, if it becomes a waxy gel mess then you pretty much have no choice but to take them orally.

For your first time you should just take half of a 20mg pill, uncrushed. If that doesn't tickle your fancy and the pills aren't the gel kind then i'd crush up the other half, take something to make your stomach contents less acidic, like tums, then 40 min to an hour later swallow the crushed up pill.

If you still aren't satisfied make sure you wait at least a full day before upping your dose so you don't waste pills and increase your tolerance. If you take multiple doses in one day it'll decrease the effects to a degree, basically it won't hit you as hard but don't mistake that statement as, "you can handle a much higher dose if you dose multiple times a day."

I'd increase your dose by 5-10mg until you reach your desired dose. Good luck, stay safe.

Last edited:
Do not mix the benzodiazapine (xanax) and opioid(oxycodone/tramadol) medications or it could mean fatal respiratory depression. 0.5 mg xanax and 150 mg tramadol is entering risky terratory, but as long as you remember to breathe and stay awake until it wears off you should be okay, but if you did that with the oxy you would've likely risked death. Be very careful about mixing drug/medications

False you are extremely wrong. There are abuse proof formulas this pill might have that are a like plastic and do not break or even crush easy. The old abuse proofs will likely gel up too even though they crush into a powder like the morphines with the M in a box vs the ABG ones that can stay liquid for a while if done right.

You will know if they crush by attempting to cut them in half. If it's hard to cut and remains to solid pieces when cut that have flat surface where cut then you have the solid kind... If they powder a bit in the center and you can further chop/crush the insides into a powder while the outside skin will only chop into pieces. Just because it powders doesn't mean it can dissolve in water. Don't snort the powder as even though it will work there is huge risk associated with insufflation of sustained released formula medications.

Well whether these pills are the crush resistant kind or the gel up in water kind it'd probably be best to take them orally. I'm sure the crush resistant ones will split in half just fine with a large knife and sufficient force.

Hey taco thanks so much man, yeah I kind of had to remember to keep on breathing at the end, its starting to wear off but ill stay awake a couple of hours to be safe, also had some weird raised blood pressure issues with the tramadol, never had that before... I will definetly not be mixing oxycodone and any amount of benzos, thank you so much for your concern brother and definetly thanks to everybody that replied, this community is so great and supportive. If anybody has anymore recommendations ill be glad to hear from you guys.