• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycontin bender. Why did it happen?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Dear Wonderfully insightful members of BL Forum,

Perhaps I should read the entire post on 'The Brain and Addiction' before posting this, however, I have to file my taxes; it's the last day; doing it last moment. I never touched Oxycodone and Oxycontin Brand Name my drug of choice since I had went almost cold turkey 6 days and 6 nights curled up in a ball in bed and then never touched the stuff for 4 weeks straight despite moodiness in my work-life. Now when I got a hold of 10 x 10 mgs of IR Oxycontin, I just snorted 2 this morning, 2 more in the afternoon, then 3! more just now in BENDER fashion. Seems like the break I took had at first lowered my tolerence as I felt nauseous after taking my first two in the morning and even nodded to sleep. I was like "great! tolerance down and I don't enjoy it that much anymore." Then suddenly I went demon on it. So today as mentioned above I consumed a whopping: 2 this morning, 2 in the afternoon 3pm, then 3! more just now at 10 pm. Why does one go demon when one misses the feeling? Why would it come back x-fold? the craving that is.

I ask myself the same thing after a good codeine binge my friend

Your question is more rhetorical than anything; we don’t know what causes addiction (that is, how exactly all the brain and bodies different systems interact to create a state of dependence).

when you quit your drug of choice and tolerance goes back to baseline, it is not back to zero per se. your body will remember how to respond to a flood of chemicals.

In other words, you will become addicted more quickly the more frequently and more severely you’ve been addicted.

For example, I was shooting a brick a day several years ago. I managed to get off everything for a few months. My tolerance was close to naive.

However, within 3 days of starting to shoot dope again, I was right back to the brick a day I was previously at.

Most concisely, while your tolerance may fall to baseline, it is actually lurking below the surface.

Your question is more rhetorical than anything; we don’t know what causes addiction (that is, how exactly all the brain and bodies different systems interact to create a state of dependence).

when you quit your drug of choice and tolerance goes back to baseline, it is not back to zero per se. your body will remember how to respond to a flood of chemicals.

In other words, you will become addicted more quickly the more frequently and more severely you’ve been addicted.

For example, I was shooting a brick a day several years ago. I managed to get off everything for a few months. My tolerance was close to naive.

However, within 3 days of starting to shoot dope again, I was right back to the brick a day I was previously at.

Most concisely, while your tolerance may fall to baseline, it is actually lurking below the surface.
Thank you. That helped me understand another aspect about addiction that I did not know about. Regards.

Can i reccomend not snorting as youre wasting valuable opiates... the bioavailability orally is 60-85% ( how much absorbed when swallowed) where as its i believe 40% snorted

As to why you binged, simple af, oxy is extremely euphoric, my first ever crack cocaine hit made me think of how nice and similar ( but not similar at same time ) oxycodone is my advice is if prescribed to you, TRY to use as prescribed, yeah ok np some days youll take an extra few, i do too, but in the end tolerance is a major bitch, so is physical dependence

I have the disease of Addiction!!!
It is alive and well in my body,mind and Soul
I was born with it I will Die with it!!
I only get a choice each day how I will dance with it ( Its at the end of my bed the moment I open my eyes )

let me give you a quick story about it:
I got clean and sober in 1983 two years latter my younger sister died at 21 of breast cancer ( malpractice at Slone)
I went back out and hit it Very hard!!!!!!!If your life was like mine you would drink and drug as well , I also was making a shit load of $$$$$$$$$
so don't die
Get clean and sober again AA/NA in 1987
get cancer myself 2007 and introduced to opioids, use as needed ( lol lol Haha REALLY ???

been clean and sober 20+ YEARS

After a short time on OXY , my addict mind says this is nice a little Stoli will make it so much better!!!

and i went down so far ans so fast past where i had ever been in my life!!
my sponsor informed me I was not my disease !!!!!!!!!
so if i would have never stopped and kept using that is where I would be!!!
For Decades I have heard " your disease is doing push ups in the parking lot"
I never cared or knew what that meant
Now I Do!!!
all Is well
life is so Great clean and not on the Opiate hamster wheel

I guess I'm not going to close this, but we really don't have unlimited space on our front page with which to discuss the existential nature of our addictions. It's one of those things that is interesting to discuss, sure, but it doesn't actually have a lot of HR value. I totally get that you're perplexed by this situation, but what you're experiencing is not remotely out of the ordinary and should be expected as opposed to surprising. There's no harm done, but I would really like to keep the HR forums dedicated to HR if possible. There are people who genuinely need assistance that could use the exposure.

sorry for my Babel
I re read it
short version:
I continue to want More and More