• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

oxycontin and psilocybin

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbykevin

Bluelighter
Hi, hope this is the right place to ask about this.

I have had ongoing back problems for a few years and have been on and off codeine for pain management throughout this period, I have had a period of a few months where the situation stabilized and I have been right off the codeine and have not taken it or any other pain killers for a while.

However recently I have had a series of bad muscle spasms and really bad back pain and have been prescribed oxycontine slow release (12 hours) tablets.

This has come at the worst possible time of year - mushroom season - so my question is, are there any known conflicts or dangers associated with mixing oxycontine and psilocybin ? - I have not been able to find any references to this online anywhere, obviously because of the pathetic restrictions on legal research with psilocybin.

Just wondered if anyone here had any info that my help or could possible point me in the right direction for further research.

I ask in the spirit of responsible use and harm reduction.

if this is not the right subforum could a mod please move it to the appropriate place, I just felt it would be good to start by asking the geniuses first.

thanks

Hi, hope this is the right place to ask about this.

I have had ongoing back problems for a few years and have been on and off codeine for pain management throughout this period, I have had a period of a few months where the situation stabilized and I have been right off the codeine and have not taken it or any other pain killers for a while.

However recently I have had a series of bad muscle spasms and really bad back pain and have been prescribed oxycontine slow release (12 hours) tablets.

This has come at the worst possible time of year - mushroom season - so my question is, are there any known conflicts or dangers associated with mixing oxycontine and psilocybin ? - I have not been able to find any references to this online anywhere, obviously because of the pathetic restrictions on legal research with psilocybin.

Just wondered if anyone here had any info that my help or could possible point me in the right direction for further research.

I ask in the spirit of responsible use and harm reduction.

if this is not the right subforum could a mod please move it to the appropriate place, I just felt it would be good to start by asking the geniuses first.

thanks

Opiates = awesome trip. I can only base this on conjecture in regards to the fact that of any signs of panic will be completely obliterated while on it.

There are not any dangerous interactions but I found that kratom and psychedelics left me much less in control of negative thoughts than normal and much more prone to having a difficult time.

I would highly suggest minimizing opiate dosage on psychadelics, at minimal dose they seem to dampen some aspects of the trip, even visuals, but at higher doses they seem to cause extreme confusion and lack thereof visuals, I find it akin to when I would take xanax near the end of shroom trips in where my muscle spasms would become very uncontrollable and brain activity becomes slightly decreased, thus your perception of the psychadelics effects are also decreased, even alot.

The consequence of serotonergic psychadelics though, the dysautonomic random burning and spasming of certain muscles, is worse in individuals that already have these complications I used to be massively afraid of tripping as all I would have was codeine/caffeine/aceta 's and the caffeine would complicate the spasms more.

However the one drug that has destroyed the feelings of the spasms and not destroyed or numbed the trip, has been oxycodone, but albeit at a lower dose, serotonergic psychadelics are excellent analgesics(to some aspects, pain has many origin formations) and they will reduce your pain threshhold as well as improving your mood.. I suggest cutting your oxy dose 1/2-1/3 for this trip..

this is not advanced discussion. good answers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.