• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycontin 30mg

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Does anyone know how much an oxycontin releases if taken whole a 30mg, I been told half which I disagree I been told ten percent-twenty.
And does it release another lot 7 hours later I read somewhere.
And if I cut a bit off to make a bit instant does the rest stay extended.
Im in the uk so its the OC.

A whole Oxycontin 30mg releases 30mg over 7 hours to equal 12 hours of effect.

OxyContin Tablets exhibit a biphasic absorption pattern with two apparent absorption half-lives of 0.6 and 6.9 hours, which describes the initial release of oxycodone from the tablet followed by a prolonged release
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2008/020553s059lbl.pdf

Cutting the tablet is going to modify the release if it's an OC. It's impossible to say exactly how you'll change the release, but at least a small amount will remain extended if a good portion of the pill retains it's integrity. Don't count on it remaining extended though as there's no guarantee

I always thought oxycodone had a better oral absorption than most opiates, so I personally wouldn't feel any need to cut them in half or quarters unless I was trying to ration my dosage.

I got high tolerance I been trying to lower it by taking them properly and kind of had a break for 3 weeks cos got put on37mcg fentanyl patch with 20mg oxy instant fentanyl was horrible and i thought id rather be addicted to oxy than patches and i have less side effects from oxy, if i was on morphine id be asleep all day.
So a 30mg extended is working but I can binge on oxy but don't recommend it always a bad 3 days and ive gone nearly a week taking them properly.
I sometimes cut a tiny bit of the pill and crush it and it doesn't seem to fuck the time release up.

alcohol and oxycontin

does alcohol affect the time release of oxycontin if the pill stays intact

The influence of ethanol on the in vitro release of opioid drugs from some prolonged-release formulations utilizing different release technologies was examined. Results indicated that the prolonged-release mechanisms remained intact under the testing conditions, although one product showed initial sensitivity to ethanol in its release characteristics. Nevertheless, in this case, extrapolation of the findings to likely outcome in vivo indicated no risk of dose-dumping.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2409176/

There is nothing to suggest that the new OP formulation with Polyethylene Oxides would behave any different.

It was the original TimerX Opanas that had a dose dumping effect from EtOH.

All the dangers of mixing EtOH and opioids still apply though.

I googled how does the contin system work it came up with this
The extended-release is achieved through the same strategy as the Contin™ system, the active component is released from particles embedded into the matrix. This formulation provides a first dose release of 40% over the first hour, followed by an extended-release for up to 12 hours
would you say this is correct?
I take 30mg extended release whole would I get around 12mg released.