• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycontin 15 MG Controlled Release and Chronic Severe Back Pain - Help!

sdstewarts

Greenlighter
Any thoughts on how I can "bypass" the controlled release in the oxycontin tablets I am prescribed? I understand these are the new tamper-resistant kind...and I get that...but my chronic back pain is so awful, I need these to work considerably faster! Help! In serious pain!

Well, although i havent worked with these pills personally, i would imagine that sucking the shell off or crushing them would work best. You may also want to look into potentiators if you feel like your 15mg isnt going far enough

You suck on it and the coating gets soft and use a scrapper and get it off. But I think you talking about the newer ones and they came out after I had stopped doing these but I heard of people microwaving them to get the warm and scrapping of the thick wax that coats them

I never did figure out how to bypass the OP's and wasted a lot trying to scrape off the coating. They were like hard plastic, I lost my patience and just gave up. You might be better off with the instant release or like Headhigh mentioned, try to potentiate.

They don't scrape or suck off as the coating is basically throughout the whole pill there is no way to bypass it. Basically the whole pill inside and out is filled with the weird polymer coating.

Cut them up in bits & pieces & put them in flavored soda water overnight. Next day it looks like melted plastic in the drink, but you can drink it & should feel it nicely.

They do not & will never get you to where you want to be like the old OC's.

But drinking the concoction after 8 hours of them sitting in the flavored seltzer/soda water will do the trick way better than ingesting those nasty plastic pills.