• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodonehydrochlorid nasal intake ?

tokyochilling

Greenlighter
The search option isn't doing me any favors today, so i apologize in advance for asking a question thats probably been asked a 1000 times already, i know some oxy pills are sniffable, but pills in europe have a history of doing the most they can to stop people from taking them nasally, i've acquired some 10mg Oxycodonehydrochlorid tablets, and was wondering if using em nasally is as easy as just crushing them and doing your thing, or if theres anything i should know in advance ?(like having to lick the coat off a oxy 80, i was wondering if theres similar procedures i should perform first)

Thanks in advance
-Tokyo

Depends specifically on which tablet you have, see the number and imprints on the pill. A lot of US pills have gelling agents that make them impossible to turn into instant release and ingest using methods other than oral.

Regardless of potential deterrents oxycodone has about 60-87%% oral bioavailability and about 46% bioavailability intranasal.

Its more effective to simply eat them most of the time. With that said I usually snort them because I'm addicted to snorting drugs. Well, typically I will eat half a dose and snort the other half.

Regardless of potential deterrents oxycodone has about 60-87%% oral bioavailability and about 46% bioavailability intranasal.
I don't want to be involved in an argument because I truly don't know, but I know that one of the members, (mod?) who has training in pharmacology/pharmacokinetics, is saying that this high oral bioavailability is a myth (or simply untrue). I remember him telling something inline "How many times will I have to show papers that are showing that oxycodone has similar bioavailability when snorted as when taken orally?".

Maybe some of the members will remember who am I writing of. But anyways, common knowledge is what @SnafuInTheVoid wrote. Also, I read that high-fat meal (lyophilic nature of oxycodone) will help prolong oxycodone's duration. That is not what I know but it is what I read. I will give a link to an an article that states "Oral oxycodone has a bioavailability of 60–70%, with little difference in bioavailability between different forms of orally administered oxycodone (e.g. tablet, capsule, liquid). Assessment of intranasal and sublingual absorption of oxycodone has found that bioavailability of these forms is low, potentially due to the low lipophilicity of the oxycodone molecule (Papp = 0.7). Absorption of oxycodone is higher in females than in males and increases with age.". If it is true that real number for a person is in the lowest percentage area, ~60% when administered oraly, and if ~50% is a true number when administrated intranasaly, then it all comes down to what a person is looking for. Intranasaly should give a more rapid onset and shorter duration, while oral is reverse. This is all theory and it applies only to pure oxycodone hcl, not pills that have binders and coloring. Snorting pills will mean that bioavailability will be lower because the mucous membrane will not absorb oxycodone from the pill well because of all the other stuff in it. Snorting pills isn't healthy but beyond that, if the pills are IR and one is snorting a small amount of powder then I don't think anything will go to waste.

If I was to take oxycodone now, for the sole purpose of recreational effects, without concerns for my health, I would:

1) Make sure that it is a legit oxycodone pill.
2) Make sure that I know my tolerance
3) Eat a high fat meal 30 minutes before taking oxycodone
4) Crush the pill and snort it

Anything that doesn't make it through the mucous membrane should drip and therefore end up in the digestive tract anyway.

Have in mind that this is all a speculation from my side. I have always taken oxycodone orally (I prefer the legs over fast onset). But if one has a strong fetish towards snorting and doesn't see anything wrong with it, or one doesn't care for health hazards, then I would advise him to proceed following 4 points above.

OP take note that I am not advising you to snort pills neither I claim that I have knowledge that would go contrary to @SnafuInTheVoid answer. I just wanted to make an answer about oxycodone bioavailability a little more nuanced. Maybe a member that was so tired of telling people that oxycodone, in younger individuals with a healthy body, has similar oral and intranasal bioavailability, will see what I am writing and elucidate me cause I am really interested to see that papers. Until then listen to Snafu.

PharmGKB summary: oxycodone pathway, pharmacokinetics

Snafu, do you know who is the member I am talking about? I would really like to see the papers that he is citing. I just saw one post where he was obviously nervous and tired "of explaining oxycodone bioavailability and the myth that oral dosing is much more effective than snorting".

@Psycho_Logic I was unaware there was any sort of controversy. And no I do not know who you're referring to. And really I don't even know since I am just reading numbers from this case study:

I've never been a big oxycodone user. Preferred heroin and opana. I'm definitely no expert on the issue.

In general though I pretty much always snort them anyways, but I was using brand name oxycontin

i have buprhenorphine in my system right now, so i'll have to wait a day or 2 before i can take these oxies, i'll try both ingestion methods and report back
Also the tablets i have are from Actavis, so not branded oxycontin, is there a difference between Oxycontin, and oxycodonehydrochlorid ?, besides brand name

@Psycho_Logic and to me, using common sense, feel like the fillers in most pills will gunk anyways, get in your boogies and not be absorbed

Oxycontin was the exception because they were tiny and didn't have much filler

But still I love snorting shit so much I'd probably take a bit off bioavailability just to do it. I LOOOOOVE snorting my drugs

I love snorting water an hour after a line. Gives you a nice drip and feels like snorting another line >:] (and also good for your nose health)

I was unaware there was any sort of controversy. And no I do not know who you're referring to

There is no controversy really. I just remembered that I read mentioned post with the content I referred to. I would really want to see him in a thread "oxycodone bioavailability" defending his case. But I can see the logic. If older people metabolize oxycodone slower and for that reason percentages of oral bioavailability are higher, and a young healthy person takes oxycodone without high fat meal, then I can see the percentage slipping more towards 60%. That is not that much more than intranasal, especially if you take into consideration that what doesn't make it through the mucous membrane should end up in the digestive tract.

But personally would still not snort pills as it is a health hazard on its own. Pure oxycodone hcl would be a different story.

@MsDiz sorry for invoking you, but do you know what person I am talking about? One member that is very passionate in his case that oral vs intranasal oxycodone do not differ much in bioavailability ... I am just curious. Once again, sorry for dragging you to this thread. Ignore if it is a hassle at this moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Psycho_Logic and to me, using common sense, feel like the fillers in most pills will gunk anyways, get in your boogies and not be absorbed
That can be resolved by some nasal spray with seawater or as you said snorting some water after.

Oxycontin was the exception because they were tiny and didn't have much filler
That is the reason I made a difference between pills and pure oxycodone hcl.

But still I love snorting shit so much I'd probably take a bit off bioavailability just to do it. I LOOOOOVE snorting my drugs

I love snorting water an hour after a line. Gives you a nice drip and feels like snorting another line >:] (and also good for your nose health)
I also have a snorting fetish as I have never done IV or smoked any drug besides tobacco and cannabis. But you are the first person that I heard saying he actually does it. I knew countless IV users that were injecting water cause of needle fetish so I know how compulsive that route of administration can be by just observing other people that used that way.

Regarding OPs question, for the sake of harm reduction, the best advice would be - take pills orally they are made to be taken orally, and make sure that you know your tolerance. :)

Here, I found the post that caught my eye. I don't want to quote "Lorne???" (dont want to spam and bother people) but here it is:

"The Wizardsaid:
You should think about plugging your oxycodone, give your nose a break. Rectal absorption is just as viable as IV for opioids. It’s great harm reduction too. You just have to put on a brave face. Woo hoo 2020: The Year of the Butt!

🧙‍♂️
Luer said:
I was thinking that it was much lower BA to snort oxycodone.... Like 50%? It's in the 90's orally isn't it. That's good advice!

(Lorne??? reply):
Actually Oraland nasal BA% are EXACTLY the same for Oxycodone; both around 50%. Why people don't understand this, with the several studies I have posted is beyond me

Plugging is 34-73% BA, mean 50, yet it absorbs MUCH slower, tmax rectal 3-4 hours, Tmax PO 1.5-2hrs, Tanzania intranasal is ~ 20 minutes

Snorting gives the highest peak plasma, recttal takes hours to kick in yet last 6-12 hours

So that is the breakdown

PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE, your or go through my posts from 2018-2019 and on Othet Drugs - They have all this info

And remember that plugging is most like Sublingual administration, both delay the onset of drugs/opioids, yet yield a longer duration

(Half-life is not as important )

Just as viable as IV LMFAO"

Here is the link to the thread -> https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...p-substitute-please-lol.888476/#post-14944359. It starts with Oxymorphone but post #13 is the one I copied. You even liked post #4 @SnafuInTheVoid :)

I mean
Here, I found the post that caught my eye. I don't want to quote "Lorne???" (dont want to spam and bother people) but here it is:

"The Wizardsaid:
You should think about plugging your oxycodone, give your nose a break. Rectal absorption is just as viable as IV for opioids. It’s great harm reduction too. You just have to put on a brave face. Woo hoo 2020: The Year of the Butt!

🧙‍♂️
Luer said:
I was thinking that it was much lower BA to snort oxycodone.... Like 50%? It's in the 90's orally isn't it. That's good advice!

(Lorne??? reply):
Actually Oraland nasal BA% are EXACTLY the same for Oxycodone; both around 50%. Why people don't understand this, with the several studies I have posted is beyond me

Plugging is 34-73% BA, mean 50, yet it absorbs MUCH slower, tmax rectal 3-4 hours, Tmax PO 1.5-2hrs, Tanzania intranasal is ~ 20 minutes

Snorting gives the highest peak plasma, recttal takes hours to kick in yet last 6-12 hours

So that is the breakdown

PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE, your or go through my posts from 2018-2019 and on Othet Drugs - They have all this info

And remember that plugging is most like Sublingual administration, both delay the onset of drugs/opioids, yet yield a longer duration

(Half-life is not as important )

Just as viable as IV LMFAO"

Here is the link to the thread -> https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...p-substitute-please-lol.888476/#post-14944359. It starts with Oxymorphone but post #13 is the one I copied. You even liked post #4 @SnafuInTheVoid :)
Well what is the research they quote from their previous posts? Everyone is gonna have their opinion. I tend to trust the first results from Google. I wouldn't be surprised if there is other research that may be different numbers.

Idk I'm just personally not that interested in the technicalities of oxycodone since I am retired from opiates (hopefully forever).