• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone withdrawl questions?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so Ive been hooked on pain killers (mainly hydrocodone and oxy) for 4 years. Im getting cut off for sure by my doctor. I am going to be in withdrawl in 2 days. I am done for good with this demon. I do 100 mg oxy a day. So here is what I have for my withdrawls. Xanax, gabapentin, kratom, and everything in thomas recipe. How bad do you think withdrawls with those meds?

I have never personally used those drugs, all of them besides Xanax, for opioid WD. So I couldn't tell you, but I have heard that gabapentin does work and kratom, but kratom could just lead you into another addiction, as it is too addicting from what I have heard/read. So I would go easy on it, if using it.. Imodium aka Loperamide also can be helpful too, when in withdrawl, in a decent sized dose. Xanax definitely helps take the edge off of the mental part of the WDs too, I can attest to that! But I personally always preferred the long acting benzos such as valium and klonopin.. Opana WDs are fucking horrible, that is probably going to amplify the effects of the oxy/hydro WD, and make it a bit worse that it would have been, just WDing from oxy/hydro, which is shitty, but not as shitty as opana Wds.

I never really could make myself get off opiates fully when I got addicted to them, starting with oxy IRs and then eventually ending with shooting dope everyday. I got on subutex, and never left.. still take subs everyday.. they are just as addicting, its a real bitch to get off of opioids/opiates and I just don't have the will power to completely stop! Idk if I ever will, sub WDs are so fucking awful... I am not ready for that burden on my life, to get off them.. I don't really care to be sober honestly! I like having an altered state of mind, not everyone feels that way.. but I have come to realize my life, is better medicated than unmedicated and sober.

Good luck with getting off the opioids.. hope you can get through better than I could... and never really actually did, seeing as now I am stuck on bupe.