• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone withdrawl question?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so im about to start a 80 mg a day oxycodone withdrawl. I have one 30 mg roxy left. I was wondering how bad the withdrawl will be from 80 mg. Ive been at 80 mg a day for about 2 weeks steady. Worse withdrawl ive been through was 50 mg a day. Thanks for the help

Well all withdrawal is bad. I would think 2 weeks of 80 mgs daily shouldn't be too hard to get through compared to the cold turkey WD's from my 2+ years of daily heroin usage. That withdrawal was like being the devils personal slave and was intense. The cold air, and cold metal slab known as a bed in my jail cell sure didn't help. My guess is you will feel better (not 100%) after 4-5 days followed by a week of depression/insomnia.

Let this pain your about to suffer for a week or two be a reminder of why opiates are the devil since you didn't learn from the first time you went through withdrawal from 50 mgs, and hopefully it prevents you from riding the train to hell again. As for me i didn't learn until I was truly fed up with my life and habits, and suffered through WDs many, many times. Low doses of Imodium helped me tremendously during my many WDs along with exercising. Sound impossible during WDs I know...but its truly rewarding if you can find the strength to do it. I just kept going and telling myself all the toxins are leaving my body from sweating and motivated me daily to keep working out/exercising.

I hope the best for you. Stay hydrated and keep your mind busy. If you continue to use then you will pay the toll again.

Stoner, the best of luck to you, I wouldn't wish opiate withdraw on my worse know person. It's a terrible stage and is the only wd that made me think of suicide for a few. I don't think 30mg roxy is enough but like Sic said "2 weeks of 80 mgs daily shouldn't be too hard"

My best regards
14.gif

Thanks for the replys guys! Im so sick of living like this all i do is search for pills all day and a way to get money for pills. This aint a way of living. This is pure hell. Im not as scared of the physical symptoms as i am of mental symtoms. Last time i quit for a couple months...i backslide because i would even have dreams about the little blue devils. Please support me to get through this. This website helps a ton.

OP my best advice would be to get some kind of counseling from a mental health pro to help you deal with the paws. The depression and inability to feel joy(or much of anything for that matter) is what leads most of us back to opiates/opioids .
Also you don't seem to have a huge habit but the amount of the drug taken is just one of many factors in how bad wds will be another one is length of time using the drug. If you've only been using for 2 weeks your physical wds should be low. But having said that different people have lower tolerance for wds and what might be slight for me might be major for you. I think you will be a little miserable and have some problems sleeping but I believe it's the mental part you need to watch out for the most!!!!

Good luck man you can beat this shit!!!!

I think yall have read it wrong. Yeah ive only been doing 80 mg for 2 weeks.
But ive been on oxy for 2 years. About 50-60 mg a day. Just bumpd up to 80 2 weeks ago

I think yall have read it wrong. Yeah ive only been doing 80 mg for 2 weeks.
But ive been on oxy for 2 years. About 50-60 mg a day. Just bumpd up to 80 2 weeks ago

even 50-60 mg a day is really minor believe it or not. Bumping up to 80 2 weeks ago is how you get to 3-4-5-600mg's a day which is what a hard time will be. It is best to stop NOW being as low as you are before you find out what "bad" really is. I've been on 440mg's of Oxycontin a day and at times up to over 600+mg's a day and that's when withdraws are bad.

All withdrawals are bad oxyfen. This isn't a dick comparing thread. Who cares if your habit was a bigger than his. obviously OP had a hard time getting off 50-60 so bumping to 80 is going to be even more difficult.

You're getting good advice. Shits gonna be tough bud. Honestly I was up to 70 mg Oxy and couldn't get off cuz of the withdrawals so I just switched back to H (cheaper and easier to get here). My point is if you try and fail don't let it discourage you. Just because some dood on the interwebs said your habits not that bad doesn't make it true. Only you can judge how bad it is.

So if you fall just get up and brush the dust off.

Oxyfen did make a good point though. Just remember it could always be worse.

gesh, another immature unexperienced dood on the interweb8)

Stoner_420 I was just trying to inject a little psychology into the mix so you did not think your case was too bad and maybe it would help your mindset to thinking "well maybe it isn't as bad as I think it is" I also don't know why AllorNothing and other doods always bring up the "dick comparing" when dicks have nothing to do with it. Yes any small/large amount of opiate withdraw is a terrible feeling and very difficult to start but I was just trying to help ease your mind a little bit either way if it does or does not help I was trying to get you to that point is what I was trying to do with my last reply. Best of luck to you and hang in there
14.gif

Appreciate the replys sorry for the misunderstanding. I will try my best to quit. I hate this road i am on. I wish i never have started this bullshit...but ay cant help what happend in the past. But i can help for the future. :) thanks you guys. Bluelight people are the best! Yall dont judge me like other communities on the web.