• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone withdrawal

Astral Voyager

Greenlighter
Hi Guys, I have been taking on average 40 mg of Oxy since the 15th of Jan and plan stopping tomorrow
What will WD be like?

Probably you ll get moderate withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, the shits, bad flu like experience, restless legs...it really depends, some people get nausea, some feel cold even if there are 40 degrees outside ( myself for instance) ...if you are planning to do it cold turkey, more force to you, but the older I get the more I don t see the point of suffering when some remedies can make the experience if not a walkin he park, not THAT bad....if you can, get some loperamide for the shits and maybe some benzo for anxiety-sleeping, I ld suggest some red vein kratom for the pain, you haven t used for a long time but I ve found oxy w-d particularly nasty. Hope you re doing well, do leu us now!

The process shouldn't be complicated or too severe.

This is a relatively high dose of Oxycodone as far as treatment for legitimate pain is concerned, though you've only been taking it for two weeks, so I very much doubt the withdrawal experience will be anything worse than a little anxiety, insomnia and some diarrhea.

These symptoms can be managed by stuff like Loperamide (Immodium) for the diarrhea and some Cannabis for the nausea, insomnia etc. You shouldn't need a bunch of medication to make this work. Just prepare yourself for 3 days of something resembling the fu.

If you have had a habit previously, this is a completely different story. For many of us with previous dependencies, we can typically catch the "full package" of withdrawal/tolerance following three consecutive days of usage.

Further perspective: I used Opioids recreationally for at least 3-4 months before I first noticed the syndrome creeping in. Now, it's three days for me to be back in that same place.

Get some loperamide, diazepam, clonidine, and you shouldn't suffer for more than (3) days.

Loperamide will drag it out longer. Many are not cognisant that it is in fact an opioid, albeit with a Blood to Brain deficiency requiring large & potentially dangerous dosages to gain psychoactivity. The question then is the lengthening of physical withdrawal worth the objective aid.

Hey OP hope you got through the most acute phase and are not interested in posting now that you are suffering from insomnia and depression. This phase will not last long if this is your first opioid withdrawal. But now that you've opened the Pandora box the hardest thing will be not to relapse. The best bet from now onwards is not to forget how unnoticeable but at the same time quick opioid dependence and addiction forms.

If you relapse or if you didn't manage to endure withdrawal I would advise that you don't feel ashamed cause guilt will suck you in/down even further. I can understand why people don't want to come back and share that detox was too much but please share your experience. It will be good for you and other people struggling now or in the future. No matter how it went please give feedback.

If you are still using you will get it off your chest and nobody will think less of you.

If you have managed to get oxycodone out off your system and the story is a success it will give hope and inspiration to other people that are stuck cause of the fear of withdrawal.

Regarding first 4-5 days of short acting opioid withdrawal that can be almost fully managed if a person has access to memantine, pregabalin and few benzos. With the dosage and duration that you mentioned I don't think the experience will be too unpleasant with memantine for 3-4 days, pregabalin for a week or two (tapering down second week) and low dose benzo for first 3-4 days.

Having said that (anyone reading this) please be cautious if you go with comfort meds route cause pregabalin and especially benzos are not something you would want to withdraw from. Best to have a small supply and give it to somebody you trust and let them keep you in check so no new dependence and addiction is formed. You dont want to swap opioid dependence for GABAeric dependence. Not to mention that this can lead to polydrug addiction...

Hope you're doing OK and will give us feedback.

Take care you all!

Loperamide will drag it out longer. Many are not cognisant that it is in fact an opioid, albeit with a Blood to Brain deficiency requiring large & potentially dangerous dosages to gain psychoactivity. The question then is the lengthening of physical withdrawal worth the objective aid.
A lot of people use it in appropriate doses like 2-6mg per day, which is still more than effective for opioid wd stomach issues and I doubt lengthens wds by any appreciable amount.

GET OFF NOW - BEFORE ITS TOO LATE LIKE ME - 12 YEARS ON THIS CRAP

Go to the doctors and be honest and they can reduce the dosage.

I am on around 360mg of codeine a day and 1800 mg of pregabalin a day.

All because of a previous doctor handed out codiene as it stopped working, and new docs wont help at all.

Head of doctors calling tomorrow, and I got given 86 150mg on the 27th and they are all gone.

You should not be too bad, but my withdrawals were so bad I tried for 4 weeks and it didnt get any better and had to go back on them and doctors knew this and still kept giving me codeine and pregabs