• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone Withdrawal

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
So, I'm going to go cold turkey and want to know how bad WD's will be. Probably two months ago I went cold turkey on 40mg a day and it wasn't super bad. Sadly, I got back into it and NEED and WILL stop again without going back. I moved to snorting so I could do less with same effect, I started with 5mg at a time and have moved up to 20mg. For the past week-ish I've been doing 40-60mg a day. Before hand I limited my self to 20, and now and then would do 30mg a day. I want to know if the WD will be different because I have been snorting and not taking them orally. For the most part, I've only been doing 20-30mg a day like I said, so I dont think it'll be as bad as my last withdrawal. Does snorting/oral effect the withdrawal? Will it be worse because Im putting the oxycodone into my system faster or will it be the same? Hope to get some replies soon so I can get an idea before the WD kicks in.

Thank you to anyone that replies to the thread :)

dont you like surprises?

actually, youve been wasting your oxy by sniffing them as the bioavailability is lower when snorting.

it shouldn't be any worse than last time, you dont have a large habit. DONT get one!

60mg a day isn't too bad. Expect some anxiety, lethargy, loose bowels, and a really runny nose.

Agreed with the guy above me - stop know while you're habit is small.

Yeah maybe I was wasting them, but it hit me faster and I could get some "high" off a lower does, regardless, I didnt spend any $$ on the oxys I had. I have a little stash so wasting them doesnt bother me much. And the exact reason Im stopping is cause I started getting out of hand! I gave my self a limit of 20mg per day split up into 5's. Then I moved up to 10's and two doses a day wasn't enough, etc, etc, It ended up to 60mg a day for around the past 5-7 days. I know If I continue I'll keep convincing my self that I can just take another 5-10mg a day and sooner or later it'd be much higher than just 60.

Yeah, I've read all the science behind it suggesting that railing is an inefficient means of using OC - but personally, I found that it hit harder and lasted longer railed too. I used to either rail my doses or rail half and eat half.

I believe your wds will be a little worse. In my experience each time they get a little harder. Now after scrolling up and catching a second glimpse at your post I see you've only been back out for a week,is that correct? If that is right then no your wds won't be as bad. Also ROA doesn't make a difference it's the amount you are using that determines your wds. The reason a person that goes from eating to shooting feels wds worse is because they are doing more of the drug!

the kindling effect will make your withdrawals worse each time. I highly suggest you discontinue use of this substance.

Each time you withdrawal it adds more symptoms to the next withdrawal thus "kindling the fire" of that withdrawal.

Don't keep going my friend...it is a very dangerous and seldom happy road. You are already exhibiting the escalation that everyone that is becoming addicted to opiates experiences.

The one thing I worry about when it comes to WD is puking. I definitely didnt even get close to puking the last time I went through opiate withdrawal, with a lower dose this time around, even with the "Kindling effect" could you predict if I'll have the one symptom I dread? With my lower dose this time around, will the WD be not as bad or worse due to this kindling effect you speak of? I posted this thread awhile ago but am now just going cold turkey. Circumstances are the same with doses a day so with the info I provided would you be able to tell me if the WD be worse or not?

If you didn't puke the last time (and weren't even close), I'd say you should be OK this time. I'd say you'll be uncomfortable for a few days (up to maybe 5) but probably not too much more than that.

Your best to stop right now before it gets harder in the future. Because believe me it only gets worst with time.

I've only cold turkeyed successfully once and it was not easy but I wanted it more than anything and I suffered severely for two weeks then months of PAWS followed.

Looking at your habit and time of use I wouldn't suggest suboxone unless you absolutely cannot take any time off work or have to take care of young kids.

Suboxone has helped many people but if you do decide to use it, take my advice.

DO NOT stay on it for longer than two weeks MAX.

Google and rapid taper and discuss it with your doctor.

Good luck