• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone withdrawal again

dynodavie

Bluelighter
So I had been off oxycodone about a year and had a neck injury in June which resulted in breaking a plate and screws and also herniating two more disk, so between waiting for surgery then going through surgery and recovery I have been back on the oxycodone for about 3 1/2 months now and of course tolerance is kicking in and I decided to quit again.
I am now 72 hours deep of no use of oxycodone and I have felt a little to no withdrawals so far, The first day I did a little Kratom and on the second day I used 400 mg of pregabalin and slept very well for day two now on day three I used .2 mg of clonidine every 5 hours or so, and tomorrow was going to use 400 mg pregabalin for a day or 2, then clonidine a day and I should be at day 6 1/2 going on 7 and then was going to do a taper of the clonidine and cut a dose out for day 8, then taper the pregabalin and do less and later in the day of day 9 then day 10 maybe drop all the other and use just a .5 Xanax for 2 days for sleep then drop it all and maybe melatonin from there if needed.
I have never been dependent on benzo clonidine or pregabalin and I was wanting to get you guys opinion if this was a good plan to get through oxycodone withdrawal ?, I did a plan like this last year ago and it seemed to go pretty well but was just having issues with paws, I was trying to use 3 and 4 diffient substances spaced out enough to not have an issue with becoming dependent on anything else, does this sound like a good plan ? And if anyone has opinions on something I should change feel free to say as well I’ll be glad to listen thank you all for your time…

Hey @dynodavie :)

I used a method like this to withdraw from Opioids on multiple occasions. It was a no-brainer to me, as it probably is to you now. You have these substances that you have no tolerance to that can help alleviate some of the withdrawal. I say use them. I knw you've been around a while, so I'm not gonna lecture you on the general danger between Opioids and Benzodiazepines. Just be careful.

Gabapentinoids when used in high dosages tend to lose their steam after 3-4 days at most. For this reason, I go heavy for the first several days to get through the worst of it. Benzodiazepines are a little easier to use, as they're not going to start producing serious tolerance for at least a week. Whatever you do, just be as strategic as possible. Have a plan going into it.

If you have any specific questions let me know. I've talked pretty extensively about this same practice for withdrawing, so if you wanna look through my history, you can likely find some good information.