• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Oxycodone withdrawal after 8 days of use?

UAV

Bluelighter
I recently went on a bit of a binge, previously having no opiate tolerance I started on 40mg Oxy once a night and got up to 80mg by day 7. Only dosed once a day. It's been 48 hours since last dose and I feel cold, sick, and my stomach is in bits. How long will this last? I didn't expect W/D's from such a short period of usage. Is this normal?

I'm super surprised you are having that bad of a time. Your doses were low and 8 days is about the standard time a " regular" person would be on a regimen of pain meds had they been injured. Normally that duration is not enough to give people the " major " WD sysptoms.

Sure, they may feel a little punk after stopping their pain med as they healed but usually it's just for a day or so. So yeah, I'm with you. I wouldn't have expected that and yeah, it should be fine in a day or two and no...it's not very normal but we are all different and luckily you stopped after 8 days.

Feel better soon.

I'm super surprised you are having that bad of a time. Your doses were low and 8 days is about the standard time a " regular" person would be on a regimen of pain meds had they been injured. Normally that duration is not enough to give people the " major " WD sysptoms.

Sure, they may feel a little punk after stopping their pain med as they healed but usually it's just for a day or so. So yeah, I'm with you. I wouldn't have expected that and yeah, it should be fine in a day or two and no...it's not very normal but we are all different and luckily you stopped after 8 days.

Feel better soon.
Final law school exam tomorrow so let's hope so lol.

I am super confused. I guess it could be partly in my head or maybe I've contracted the flu! But feeling cold, achey muscles, all rather grim.

psychological anticipation of withdrawal can definitely precipitate similar psychosomatic symptoms

sometimes just thinking about withdrawal will make me feel as if I'm experiencing it, especially if you have experienced it before in the past

my guess is that this is a factor here, probably combined with something else such as possible flu or stress

your doses were fairly high but not outside therapeutic range, and 8 days is a very common time for people to receive opioids post surgery or whatever, and it's not known to cause dependence at that time length

Last edited:
If I dose opioids for a week I would have withdrawals. Some would put this down to a phenom known as "kindling effect".
Hell... three or four days would grab me by the ass. May not be extreme but would feel like sh** nonetheless.
Be safe and keep reaching for the clouds. :)

Final law school exam tomorrow so let's hope so lol.
I think you may have your answer right there ;)

And/or you perhaps have a cold.

Either way, take care, treat yourself symptomatically I.e. tylenol and ibuprofen for the aches and pains, warm soup, herbal tea, comfort food, keep yourself well hydrated, feel better soon.

All the best for your exam!! <3

Does seem strange that u would be experiencing what u are after just 8 days at that dose. I would hazard a guess that it's unrelated & ya maybe have a touch of the flu or similar ailment