• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone w/ds suck ?

I know I'm forgetting more than a few people but Gmlifer and Sasha88 you are in no way alone on this ride. I spent ALL of 2016 doing the 2 week on, 2 week withdrawing thing. I tried to keep my use during my worst pain periods but the refill date dictated my use just as much. I was going through 100 x 30mg Oxy IR's in a 12-16 day period and the oscillation between bliss and hell just became normal. My doctor was doing the 5 min review and then sending me on my way with 4 scripts for oxy.

I even failed a urine test once and just happened to be at 34 days since my last refill. I told him I took some methadone so I wouldn't have to reschedule my appointment earlier and he said," well that was a good idea as we have been all booked up". The nurse looked at me like did he really just say that? 5 mins later I was out the door with my scripts. Anyways recently I was able to quit oxy for 11 weeks and thought I could at least lower my dose if not really quit for good, but I had been using a lot of Gabapentin along the way. Like 4-5 grams/day over the last 7 months. I tried a steep taper to get off of the GP and it was a hell unlike any other. I've W/D off of a dozen different drugs but nothing prepared me for that.

It was an indescribable type of crazy with insane mood swings of sadness and anger. I ended up losing an online friend I chatted with several hours everyday for months. My IRL friends were scared away for a while and I used up way more sick time than I should have. I also relapsed back on oxy to try and ease the GP w/d's but it did almost nothing. I finally sourced more GP and did a shallow taper till things were bearable but I caution everyone to keep enough on hand for a nice easy, shallow taper if you end up using GP in large doses or for long periods.

I'm not saying to not use it in spurts as it's a great tool for getting off Oxy and even helping with benzo w/d but when things get better lay off the GP. Never in a million years did I think I would have a problem with a comfort med. Just an unforeseen peril of monthly oxy w/d-ing I guess. Now that I'm almost completely over the GP troubles it's time to start oxy w/d again. Rinse, Repeat...

This is the GP withdrawal Thread if anyone is curious at what doses and usage periods people had problems:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/448441-Gabapentin-withdrawal-any-advice/page3

This thread is breaking my heart. I too am in severe chronic pain. Sigh. Everything you guys said..... Everything. I'm so sorry. Sending you all so much love.
Peace. Xo

I hope you're feeling better. I am way too young to have chronic pain... like for the rest of my life? Really now?

I am definitely feeling much better from when I started posting in this thread though. Getting things on track for sure Thanks Sasha!

I know I'm forgetting more than a few people but Gmlifer and Sasha88 you are in no way alone on this ride. I spent ALL of 2016 doing the 2 week on, 2 week withdrawing thing. I tried to keep my use during my worst pain periods but the refill date dictated my use just as much. I was going through 100 x 30mg Oxy IR's in a 12-16 day period and the oscillation between bliss and hell just became normal. My doctor was doing the 5 min review and then sending me on my way with 4 scripts for oxy.

I even failed a urine test once and just happened to be at 34 days since my last refill. I told him I took some methadone so I wouldn't have to reschedule my appointment earlier and he said," well that was a good idea as we have been all booked up". The nurse looked at me like did he really just say that? 5 mins later I was out the door with my scripts. Anyways recently I was able to quit oxy for 11 weeks and thought I could at least lower my dose if not really quit for good, but I had been using a lot of Gabapentin along the way. Like 4-5 grams/day over the last 7 months. I tried a steep taper to get off of the GP and it was a hell unlike any other. I've W/D off of a dozen different drugs but nothing prepared me for that.

It was an indescribable type of crazy with insane mood swings of sadness and anger. I ended up losing an online friend I chatted with several hours everyday for months. My IRL friends were scared away for a while and I used up way more sick time than I should have. I also relapsed back on oxy to try and ease the GP w/d's but it did almost nothing. I finally sourced more GP and did a shallow taper till things were bearable but I caution everyone to keep enough on hand for a nice easy, shallow taper if you end up using GP in large doses or for long periods.

I'm not saying to not use it in spurts as it's a great tool for getting off Oxy and even helping with benzo w/d but when things get better lay off the GP. Never in a million years did I think I would have a problem with a comfort med. Just an unforeseen peril of monthly oxy w/d-ing I guess. Now that I'm almost completely over the GP troubles it's time to start oxy w/d again. Rinse, Repeat...

This is the GP withdrawal Thread if anyone is curious at what doses and usage periods people had problems:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/448441-Gabapentin-withdrawal-any-advice/page3

Hi my friend J/A !!

Anyway i just wanted to thank u for this response. I think it will help a lot of people to know that lots of us suffer from not being able to keep to our script schedule . I use to think I was such a jerk that I couldn't do it. I was embarrassed to post here that I was 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. But through people like you , I realized that im not alone (I'm sorry u have to go through it too, of course!) and I've found lots of support, no judgements, for this crazy pattern I'm in, which helps so much. I'll be out of pills on Friday.... and then the dance begins for a week and a half. Ugh. It's exhausting but I am not ready to quit. Knowing I have you guys here is really amazing. So thank you!
this will be the first month I'll be really on gaba. I'm on 300mg 3X a day. Does anyone know what I should take to help with withdrawals? Is that enough or do I have to step up my dose once I'm in w/ds? Like if I step it up, do I do it for like 4 days and then go back to my normal dose or is my normal dose enough?
thanks! And J/A, I'll drop u a line this weekend! :)

I hope you're feeling better. I am way too young to have chronic pain... like for the rest of my life? Really now?

I am definitely feeling much better from when I started posting in this thread though. Getting things on track for sure Thanks Sasha!

Anytime my friend Shroomy! It's good to see u feeling better than when u first posted. All we can do is be there for each other , especially when things get rough. And remember that none of us are really alone. We have so many on BL who are going through the same thing and can help and support us... and we can help them too. ��
Hope you're having a nice Saturday, my friend!