• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone vs. Oxymorphone

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I've been on 120mg of Oxycodone IR daily for 4 years. Recently I reduced my dose to 60mg daily but that didn't last long cos my Neuropathy came back with a vengeance. Over the past few months the Oxy hasn't been cutting it anymore, I've been on the same dose for years and it's remained effective luckily up until now. I'd rather switch to a slightly stronger opioid like Oxymorphone at a reduced dose rather than up my Oxycodone dose. What's Oxymorphone like in terms of potency and bioavailability taken orally compared to Oxycodone? Would it be an effective step up from Oxycodone? I'd consider Hydromorphone but it's unavailable in the UK and I want to stay clear from Fentanyl.

Advice greatly appreciated, cheers.

Oxymorphone is 20x more potent than Oxycodone IV, however it has oral bioavailability of only 10-20%, and you cannot increase it with inhibitors

So basically oral oxymorphone is double the potency of Oxycodone, range 1.5-3x as potent

If you can get the IR's I think it's a great step up, because you can snort them and they are almost 10X more potent than Oxycodone (Oxycodone has a BA% of around 50% snorted or swallowed, btw, oxymorphone cloae to 50% snorted IIRC)

However I think the ER ones suck and that is what they like to RX; the Opana ER's gel up at any moisture, take awhile to kick in, and are released so slowly they won't likely be any more potent than IR Oxycodone, although they will last longer

Well, there is the rundown

I would try to get oxymorphone IR; also for breakthrough pain considering snorting a Roxie/oxynorm; it peaks in about 20 minutes

Morphine is always a good option

Ok luck to ya

Oxymorphone is 20x more potent than Oxycodone IV, however it has oral bioavailability of only 10-20%, and you cannot increase it with inhibitors

So basically oral oxymorphone is double the potency of Oxycodone, range 1.5-3x as potent

If you can get the IR's I think it's a great step up, because you can snort them and they are almost 10X more potent than Oxycodone (Oxycodone has a BA% of around 50% snorted or swallowed, btw, oxymorphone cloae to 50% snorted IIRC)

However I think the ER ones suck and that is what they like to RX; the Opana ER's gel up at any moisture, take awhile to kick in, and are released so slowly they won't likely be any more potent than IR Oxycodone, although they will last longer

Well, there is the rundown

I would try to get oxymorphone IR; also for breakthrough pain considering snorting a Roxie/oxynorm; it peaks in about 20 minutes

Morphine is always a good option

Ok luck to ya

I've just done a bit of research and I don't think Oxymorphone is available in the UK 😔. I'll ask my doctor about it when I see him. Yeah I've heard Oxymorphones got a low oral BA which would concern me. I've tried oral Morphine but the level of pain relief I got was very disappointing probably because of its low BA.

Cheers.