• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone vs Hydrocodone

ShabbaRanksII

Greenlighter
Hey I'm new here and I've got a question. My old weed dealer stopped selling and I started using painkillers. The two I've been using have been Hydrocodone and oxys. Everyone raves about oxy but idk I like hydro. To me I'm more functional and I still get that great high feeling. With oxy I'm like completely out straight comatose. Like when I pop a hydro I could go on with my day and it just puts me in a better mood. Can anyone describe the differences?

Hi welcome to bluelight. I am moving this to basic drug discussion.

When I used to use pharm opiates I found oxy to be more stimulating at first, and then sedating and I would nod on them; but when I used hydro I found it to always be more stimulating and I did not really nod on them. But I never took more than 10mg of either drug, or usually I would just take 5mg of either, and I have not used any opiates for over a decade.

If you smoke some nice Indica hash or cannabis while on opiates, both drugs will become synergistic with each other.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
A lot of people consider oxycodone to be more sedative then hydrocodone, myself included. I could not provide a detailed reason as to why this is but I use to love taking vicodin before I had to do more physical stuff even something like partying it just gave me a lot of energy. Oxycodone is more stimulating then heroin or morphine but I always found hydrocodone to be the most stimulating.

Its just my opinion and I couldnt even begin to guess at why its that way.

I prefer hydrocodone as well, and I'm sure it has something to do with the way it's metabolized since they both basically become the same thing as your body breaks them down.

Hydrocodone is better then Oxy. and I think I found an article explainning why.

The production of active metabolites is also an issue with hydromorphone. The primary metabolite of hydromorphone, hydromorphone-3-glucuronide, has neuroexcitatory potential similar to68,70 or greater than69 the M3G metabolite of morphine. Clinical data on the neuroexcitatory potential of hydromorphone during long-term therapy are unavailable.

Oxy just makes me sleepy. Hydrocodone has me wanting to stay up all night long playing my video games.
Hoped this helped. LOve u all. *hugs*

Hydrocodone is better then Oxy. and I think I found an article explainning why.

The production of active metabolites is also an issue with hydromorphone. The primary metabolite of hydromorphone, hydromorphone-3-glucuronide, has neuroexcitatory potential similar to68,70 or greater than69 the M3G metabolite of morphine. Clinical data on the neuroexcitatory potential of hydromorphone during long-term therapy are unavailable.

Oxy just makes me sleepy. Hydrocodone has me wanting to stay up all night long playing my video games.
Hoped this helped. LOve u all. *hugs*

Hydromorphone vs. hydrocodone?

Hi. Quick question rather than starting a thread on it. Does oxy give constipation like other opioids?

Hydrocodone is converted inside ur body by liver enzymes.So it starts out as Hydrocodone and then ur body turns it into Hydromorphone.Any opiate will cause constipation.If you have a tolerance tho your body usually starts flowing normally,If you don't increase ur doseage that is. If so. Hello constipation again..

To me they're pretty much the same, now if I take my morphine too late in the day say past 6 p.m. 90 mgs. I won't sleep pretty much all night my magic number for hydro or cxy is 60 mgs. about every 4 hrs. the morphine I use in between.

What I think is really funny though are these people that say I won't buy Loritab if I can get Vicodin or Percocet over Tylox. but that's my opinion the two pretty much effect me the same.

Their very similar to me. But id have to say hydrocodne. Oxycodone for ME is just to strong and can be overwhelming if I take to high of a dose. The euphoria is little and I look/feel like a zombie. Don't get me wrong a perfect dose of oxy is stimulating and makes me feel amazing. But overall hydrocodone for the win. I get an amazing warm feeling and great euphoria. Oxycodone doesn't have that body buzz.

Hydrocodone over oxycodone all day every day. Percs don't do much for me at all but hydro makes everything more enjoyable and gives me a ton of energy. I feel like a lazy bum when I don't have me some hydrocodone. I go a week all the time without which keeps my tolerance down fairly low. I've been using em for 2 years and 25mg haves me feeling like a god while 15mg gives me a nice subtle buzz which is about perfect. Wish I could get some of that new Zohydro!

according to all of my Doctors Zyhydro is not available yet. I guess they are afraid of another Oxy epidemic.As soon as it's out I'll want to be the first to try it. :)

They are about even to me. Hydro seems to last longer than oxy but it requires more for the same effect, comes on slower than oxy, and always comes in combo with apap. I'd choose oxy if I had a limitless supply but hydro is more economical and just as good.

I just did another research on Zyhydro e.r. and it will be released .The FDA is now satisified since they added an antiabuse agent to it.Oh where'd we be w/o the FDA? Properly medicated for our pain and in heaven, that's where we'd be. Does anyone else wanna petition the Gov. to deregulate the FDA? I'd gladly spent all my money to deregulate it just like the banking industry was by criminals that were paid billions by the gov for thier criminal activities.ALso. Hydrocodone wins hands down because of it's nuero excitatory action.That's a fancy way of saying it makes ya excited and euphoric.

To each is their own I guess. I can't believe the amount of people who prefer hydrocodone over oxycodone (which is the topic from the OP, not what do you wish they would make, what's coming out, etc). I can't stand hydrocodone. I had a leg injury 8 months ago and was given 5/325 hydrocodone a month after being on oxycodone 5/325 since leaving the hospital. My experience: hydrocodone does not take away any pain unless taken at an insane amount (30-40mg t once which is very dumb with all the Tylenol). It gives no euphoria. Makes me talk without thinking what's coming out of my mouth. Very constipated. The list goes on and on. I would prefer having NOTHING than having hydrocodone prescribed. I took the all but 5 pills out of the 100 given back to the doctor and asked for oxycodone. Killed the pain, shit right, talked right, moved fine, at higher doses I had good euphoria.
Like if said, to each is their own- but I am now stupefied at how many people like this hydrocodone crap over oxy.

Last edited:
Maybe all the hydro folks prompted all the other hydros to jump on and post. Personally, and it's not even close, I'd take Oxy everyday of the week! For some reason and another reason I don't care for hydro is that I itch like a bitch on it. Now, in fairness, I can itch on Oxy but only if I've taken like 160 mg of OxyContin (used to be prescribed 4 80's a day). I've just always found hydro to be weak and I never got any stimulation from it like I do Oxy. I firmly believe there are folks out there who's bodies are predisposed to react to hydros and others to Oxy. I may be wrong and I doubt it could actually be proven, but it sure seems that way.

Well a dopamine release does come with increase focused, attention, and motivation, so naturally, it does. But I do agree that hydro is slightly more stimulating for some reason. maybe the hydrogen instead of oxygen? But anyways i'd advise all you opiate lovers to stick to hydros as long as possible cuz once you do theres really no turning back because of tolerance. And btw I prefer oxy. =D