• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone User trying Dilaudid (hydromorphone)

Oxycodone is the better opioid if you don't want to use hydromorphone intravenously...in my opinion. If I could insufflate the Dilaudid then I'd choose Oxycodone, orally or insufflated.

I just can't do IV I can't bring myself to do it. I am very skiddish of needles which could be a good thing because I heard once you go IV you never go back. But I have no problems doing this intranasally I have done my Oxycontin Crushed like that and I used to do Coke a while back but have not done that drug in two years and don't plan on going back.

While oxycodone IV is not substantially better than oxycodone PO, hydromorphone IV definitely is. It's a completely different drug. I just checked with a narcotic equivalency converter and 8mg of IV hydromorphone is equivalent to 40mg oral. The difference is really amazing.

I've tried oxycodone IV and have been able to go back to oral administration, but no so with Dilaudid. Once you try IV you just realize that you're essentially throwing 70% of the drug out the window when you take it orally. I don't hold much stock in blanket statements, but when it comes to HM "once you go IV you'll never go back" absolutely applies.

Last edited:
When one is trying something new, always reduce dose by 50% the first time, as living is far better for your health than dieing.

Last edited:
I am a huge advocate of rectal administration, having used it to administrate many different drugs to myself.
In almost all cases, rectal absorption is slightly higher than that of intranasal. Plugging kicks shit in ridiculously fast. I didn't believe it until I tried it because I thought it was sticking a pill up your ass to be broken down.
But its really the crushed up pill dissolved in a few mls of water, preferably 3-5 mls, and administered with an oral syringe preferably, as said above, 5-7 cms past your anus (butthole). Also, try to have a bowel movement beforehand because your feces could absorb some of the product if not.
Get over the stigma or taboo or rectal administration if you wanna get the most out of alot of drugs that have higher rectal bioavailabilities than your method.

Bruce Haze

I dont think youre gonna be happy replacing the oxys with d.....Ive found that it only works if u shoot it and I always recommend not touching the needle eventhough Im not here to judge.Its ur choice of course,but youre gonna enjoy the oxy rush much better.Do let us know what you think after u try it as Im curious about ur opinion

I just can't do IV I can't bring myself to do it. I am very skiddish of needles which could be a good thing because I heard once you go IV you never go back. .

I use a lot of hydromorphone and always do insufflate it. You can always plug it.. absorbsion rates are near 90% with that ROA.
I've only tried that once myself and it seemed effective. I think I'm psychologially addicted to putting white powders up my nose. :)

Lucky you can get dilaudid there all I can get is 4x40mg mg oc and 4x20mg 20mg ir oxynorm plus pregabalin and Diaz etc from Dr same crush able old formula UK doesn't get op :) but Dr won't give me palladone (hydromorphone ) fent no problem but no palladone that's only drug left on list to try :-(

In the past, I often mixed it - where I needed 8mg Oxy nasal I needed just ~4mg when adding <1mg Hydromorphone (effects were a bit different but met my needs as well). What confuses me a bit is that my first 2 Hydromorphone-experiences were really good, but after that I never reached the levels of euphoria in the slightest - whyever! I tried much but didn't find the reason for this. Now I use it to save precious Oxy. Have used german Palladone 24 ER and Palladone 2.6 IR. Can also be used to relief when encountering symptoms of withdrawal.

I agree with the others, Hydro is more subtle but the potential for emesis is not that high (well, that's no problem for me anyway, if neccessary I can take Dexamethason and one of the *setrons, but up to now I didn't need it).

Oral hydromorphone isn't very effective at all, not surprising you weren't impressed.

It's terrible. After surgery I ended up crushing my hydromorphone tablets in my hospital room and snorting them. I still prefer oxy to hydromorphone. It just doesn't do much for me/