• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone tolerance timeframe

Jaredborgetti

Bluelighter
In the absence of further use, how long does oxycodone tolerance drops back to 0? For example, if i'm only dosing 15-20 mgs once every 2 weeks, im how many days after the last dose does the tolerance drop back to 0 to avoid tolerance from building up?

In the absence of further use, how long does oxycodone tolerance drops back to 0? For example, if i'm only dosing 15-20 mgs once every 2 weeks, im how many days after the last dose does the tolerance drop back to 0 to avoid tolerance from building up?
I dont believe there is an actual set number for this but if you are using only 15-20mg 1x in a 2 week period, you're pretty much at 0 tolerance and shouldn't experience withdrawals or anything from that single use. If I had to put a number on it, I would say not using for 4 or 5 days after would keep your tolerance down, which is why I said if you are only using 1x in a 2 week period, our tolerance is pretty much as low as its going to get since you aren't allowing it to build up. And you shouldn't at all. Its a terrible addiction that can get ahold of you very easily so be careful.

If you have a tolerance that persists even with 2 weeks in between uses then it's not going away anytime soon.

The brain seems to remember tolerance, even if you were to cease opiates for a year, as soon as you used a couple times you would be right back to where you were before.

There are exceptions to this but in general trying to stay ahead of opiate tolerance is a losing game.

If you have a tolerance that persists even with 2 weeks in between uses then it's not going away anytime soon.

The brain seems to remember tolerance, even if you were to cease opiates for a year, as soon as you used a couple times you would be right back to where you were before.

There are exceptions to this but in general trying to stay ahead of opiate tolerance is a losing game.
You are correct, 100%. I did notice that with opiates and the Brain

I have never used opiates more than maybe 2 days in a row in low doses, especially opium and I have a reserve of a couple hundred oxycodone pills which I stash because they are extremely rare where I live, so I don't use frequently, I just want to know how much I have to space doses to avoid tolerance buildup.

I have never used opiates more than maybe 2 days in a row in low doses, especially opium and I have a reserve of a couple hundred oxycodone pills which I stash because they are extremely rare where I live, so I don't use frequently, I just want to know how much I have to space doses to avoid tolerance buildup.
Well, going by the 3-4 days it typically takes IR opiates like heroin/IR pills, to leave your system, I would judge by that. I wouldn't take opiates any more than you need to and if you are looking to just have a good time or whatever then stick to once a week like friday/Sat or whatever and don't do any the rest of the week. If you can truly stick to that, then you will be fine. Where it gets you if you use lets say on Friday and again on Tuesday, you will quickly build your tolerance up, so then you will need more to get same effect, and you will want to start using more frequently etc.. just heading down a bad road from there. Make an agreement with yourself saying if you are going to enjoy yourself on the weekends or whatever it is, then you MUST stick to ONLY 1x per week usage no matter what. If you can truly do that, you shouldn't have much of an issue.

Like other guy said above too though, after a few weeks at 15-20mg, although not physically built tolerance, it may not seem to effect you the same or you may want a little more and start going to 25mg-30mg etc... but just be careful. It won't kill you at those lower doses, but just be mindful and aware of what you're doing. Its not a fun path if it gets worse.

Thank you Midgy, I found that quite insightful, yes, the issue is mantaining a low tolerance, I do remember a period where I started using more frequently, maybe every 4-5 days, and eventually I had to go up to 25 mgs or 30 to get a good effect, right now i'm still getting a good effect from 20 and want to keep it that way.

I honestly would wait a minimum of 14 days in between doses, and you would be better off only getting high once a month on Oxy. It can quickly build a tolerance. I was sick as a dog after doing oxy once every 3 days for about 3 months. I was full blown addicted doing 3 oxy 30s, once every 3 days.

I understand, although the answer makes me a bit sad, I am trying to make a point of using at most every 2 weeks, but sometimes I do go up to once a week, however I understand that 1 week would allow a slight amount of tolerance to creep up with long term usage, thanks for your experience.

I would take extreme caution replying like this publicly, especially being a moderator. Someone could easily read your post and take way more because of your confidence of YOUR resilience in oxy tolerance, and die. I would personally read moderator and LIVE by anything you said so you seriously need to watch out dude. Take this is as constructive criticism or not. To anyone reading this hate on me for bursting your bubbles but if one of you alone just keeps this in mind, then it was well worth my time.

If you have a tolerance, each day that goes by, sober, will indefinitely diminish your tolerance. The ultimate goal is not to take them if you're taking them for recreational purposes this is NOT the addiction you want to fall for. It is the top of the US pharma pain pill ladder. Regardless, recreational or not, abusing or spacing out, the #1 fatality rate by a mile happens when RELAPSING. Users think they can handle what they used to take, or even a small fraction of that amount would be a good place to start, one would think. Wrong.

Too much of any central nervous system depressant and you're OUT. How much you've taken and how long you've taken it has something do with it, sure.

OP If you're gonna do it start very, very small. Do not wait for the warm rush/getting hit in the face by a train feeling or redose till you get there. Recipe for absolute disaster.

And I have ceased for almost two years now cold turkey from more oxy than anyone here would believe. If I took that amount even within two weeks from starting to take them again, I'd surely be dead.

Give cautious advice where it is clearly needed. This isn't some rockstar lifestyle take more have a blast THC/molly bullshit.

Be safe.

Well then let me be clear, you should always start off small if you haven't used in a while, your tolerance will still be comparatively very low. But it will rise quickly after using for a short amount of time, i'm not suggesting anyone compensate for that by dosing larger unnecessarily.

Yes I understood the point, thank you both of you guys for your insight, I do not have any meaningful tolerance because I have never been addicted my question was how long did you have to space out doses to avoid tolerance buildup really.

Before my serious habit started I was fairly successfully dosing hydrocodone at 20-40mg doses a few times a month. I would use only one dose a day for 3-4 days max and that seemed to keep my tolerance fairly low. I did that for about 3-4 years successfully.

As soon as I started redosing my tolerance shot up very quickly. I didn't take this advice, but if your tolerance starts to rise, just stop. Slippery slope... blah blah...

I have had a high opioid tolerance since giving up heroin 19 years ago

No joke, and I'd not touched opioids again till a few years ago, tramadol for anxiety and then much more opioids once I remembered how much I like opioids

Before my serious habit started I was fairly successfully dosing hydrocodone at 20-40mg doses a few times a month. I would use only one dose a day for 3-4 days max and that seemed to keep my tolerance fairly low. I did that for about 3-4 years successfully.

As soon as I started redosing my tolerance shot up very quickly. I didn't take this advice, but if your tolerance starts to rise, just stop. Slippery slope... blah blah...
I found this on the psychonaut wiki I would love to hear what you guys think and if you agree "
sage.

Tolerance to many of the effects of oxycodone develops with prolonged and repeated use. The rate at which this occurs develops at different rates for different effects, with tolerance to the constipation-inducing effects developing particularly slowly for instance. This results in users having to administer increasingly large doses to achieve the same effects. After that, it takes about 3 - 7 days for the tolerance to be reduced to half and 1 - 2 weeks to be back at baseline (in the absence of further consumption). Oxycodone presents cross-tolerance with all other opioids, meaning that after the consumption of oxycodone all opioids will have a reduced effect"