• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone tolerance issue, need some advice

Ibogaine is like a get rich fast scheme type of "cure" or a 2 week abs workout plan drug.

It doesn't actually work. It makes you think that you had a life changing experience and therefore should stop.

I've read it affects opioid receptors somewhat..

But Naltrexone is the ONLY way to REVERSE tolerance and the long term detrimental effect of opioid use, such as lower testosterone and dopaminedown regulation .

Naltrexone has even been shown to increase test, slow aging.

The only thing addicts can't stand is actually taking Naltrexone because it sucks, even though the sucky period only lasts a week or two.

I'm giving OP the way of reversing tolerance or getting off opiates but I'm 100% certain he won't

OK, first of all, I'm a girl. Secondly, all due respect, there's no way in hell I'm going the Naltrexone route. I'm fortunate enough that I can afford to take time off without consequence, b/c I'm no longer physically addicted, to the point where I get w/ds when I stop. I know that a lot of ppl who've been addicted can experience w/d after only a couple of days of use; I'm just fortunate in that for me, I can use as long as 5-6 days in a row w/o getting sick.

I do use Oxy recreationally now, sure, but until my 7th surgery in June (3rd one on the right hip alone), I was in such extreme pain that the scripts were justified. ( I get Oxy 20 mg IR, and 5 mg IR, 180 a month each). I have so much medical evidence compiled over 4 years that my doc wouldn't even consider cutting me off. Plus of course, I've never done anything stupid like claim I lost a script, or try to get it early. Before this last surgery in June, where they split my femur open lengthwise, removed the old implant, and then put in a bigger, stronger, captured cup implant, I had been taking it as prescribed, since I would have been in hellacious pain w/o it. However, once the pain started to improve as I recovered, I slowly weaned myself off, and now just use it to get high.

I do have a lengthy IV heroin history, 18 years as I said, but my last use of that was 10/31/15. Also, I don't shoot the Oxy, and never have. I never saw the point when it has such a high oral BA, plus I don't like the risks of shooting pills, as terrible things have happened to ppl from it, even right here on this thread.

Anyway, my point is just that the farthest I'll go is to take a longer break in between uses. I know my tolerance won't go back to my pre-heroin days, but it'll get somewhat lower the longer I wait. Thanks for all the replies guys, I much appreciate it. I'm grateful that this is my worst "problem" nowadays!

Interesting use of naltrexone! Has anyone else had such results?
I have chronic pain and still need something to help pain daily. Will this dose of Naltrexone help pain as well?
Would taking Kratom during this process be a bad idea?

Not so fast Lorne- I?ve gone several months at a time off Oxy- still have a huge tolerance.

Naltrexone like Naloxone (Narcan) is an antagonist which means it does the opposite of opioid pain meds. IF you are currently taking anything it will block it like an "antidote" for lack of a better word.