• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone Snorting vs Eating

frontbluntt

Bluelighter
I've read that the BA of oxycodone is actually higher orally than nasally, however in practice, I've found I seem to get higher when snorting it (at same milligram amounts, one dose only).

Am I tricking myself or could I possibly be getting higher by snorting it?

Well since you are getting more of the drug at once from snorting it you can get higher, but for a shorter amount of time. Like if you get 55% of the drug very quickly as opposed to 85% of it more slowly, the peak will be about the same or higher from snorting it, but not for long.

Once my tolerance got higher I switched exclusively to taking oxycodone orally since the gap between the amount of the drug absorbed increases as the dosage increases. For example when eating 100mg you may get 85mg as opposed to 55mg intransally (a loss of 30mg) but when eating 200mg you get 170 as opposed to 110mg (a loss of 60mg).

Yes and no,

What is happening is you've associated the act of snorting with the high, so you get your rocks off a little just from the act of snorting it. I used to snort a lot of the stuff myself and trust me, just the act of chopping it down and using the straw gives you a "buzz". It is similar to the "needle addiction" IV users have.

Part 2 is this: While the BA is lower via the nasal route it will come on a little faster. So while there isn't a "rush" (Oxycodone doesn't have a true rush, even when IVed) you get a bit of instant gratification.

Part 3: What doesn't get absorbed in the sinuses drips down into your stomach. So you get the same BA as oral off anything that makes it way into the stomach.

So to sum it up: Yes you get more oxycodone into your system if you take it all via the oral route. I do understand why you enjoy snorting them though, but I must warn you that it will do a ton of damage to your sinuses/nose. After years of abuse you can end up with some major problems and in the short term it can cause things like sinus infections. Another concern is all the binders/inactives that end up in the lungs, most people snort too hard and a lot of crap just flys right down into their lungs never to be seen again. As you can imagine this will build up over time and eventually can cause major health concerns.

I suggest you ween yourself away from the straw like I have: Start splitting what you'd normally snort in half. Eat half, snort half and after awhile lower the amount you're snorting and eventually just stop. Don't keep straws around, or plates, or pill crushers, or anything you've associated with the process of busting down the pill. If you're snorting anything with APAP in it (like Percocet) I suggest that you stop snorting right away, or do a CWE and do "water lines" because APAP is _awful_ for your sinuses and just clogs up everything.

On last bit of advice: If you can, get a netipot and flush your sinuses out. You'll be surprised at the crap that lingers around up there. Again I don't suggest doing this very often because while it's good to flush the sinuses out every now and again using it every day can lead to other problems. If you do this remember to follow the instructions on the box to the T and make sure everything is nice and sterile.

Yeah, bro; what has been said.

Snorting is a waste. You waste so much - all for just a quicker onset and peak. But you loose about 50% of your oxycodone! Why waste it?
Oral doesn't fuck your nose and the overall high is stronger.

Snorting is bad for your nose!

Plugging: A whole new subject, lol.

snorting has shitty BA and is damaging to th nose. oral has 90% BA and is safer and longer lasting. plugging would be better than snorting but is not nessecary, as oral is just fine

Some get nothing different from oral -> plugging. Others get an amazing rush. Just saying. Not recommending it.

[edit] I also think there are other variables to look at in how high (s)he will get; Not just the ROA. set and setting, and so many other things effect. No one knows them all, because sometimes i'll get higher than other times and have different effects in feelings from them. This goes for all kinds of drugs. Especially when you do them repeatably.

Last edited:
Absorption does not always directly correlate with how the drug is experienced. Obviously, when you IV heroin, you're going to get a stronger high than when you insufflated it as you have pretty much 100% absorption (and heroin has good legs). With other drugs and ROA, it can be more tricky. My experience with oxy is limited, so I'll use methadone as an example as it also has a high oral BA. I've found that rectal administration of methadone, (though it has a lower BA than oral) hits me way harder, and lasts just about as long. The reason, I theorize, is due to the much quicker onset and peak. I can actually cut my dose down by 25% and get the same effect I would, had I taken it orally.

Another example is how absorption is offten increased when taken with a fatty meal. While the numbers might be there, it's been mine (and many other's experience) that it does not increase the effects, but rather diminishes them.

With oxycodone I imagine it's similar, though I've heard the duration is shortened pretty significantly. The best ROA is really oral as it has the highest BA next to IV, but lasts way longer.

Some info i can share of my personal usage....Iv'e been doing oxy op 40's, for 4 years now...I used to
eat and snort about equal amounts everyday 60-80 mg...I like many really enjoy the rush that comes with snorting.

One day tired of the cycle i was in i decided to go to the methadone clinic...This proved to me a big mistake...It took me
a year to get out of their.Whilst the methadone does help with a single daily dose.I found it 5 times as hard withdrawls,to stop using it ......

The benefit i have found with snorting it ..Each month at the end of the month i run out ..I have a week wait ,with no pills.
Now because i mostly snort it .When i run out ,the withdrawls aren't bad .Like before when i would eat them.

Because the level of the drug in my system ,is constantly changing rapidly from full hit to little left.I still do 60-100mg a day.
My body has become accustomed to this continual change..So ill have a little grass and a bit of gabapentin...
And a few days later im sober...

You def get less drug snorting it ....But that ROA is my favorite ......"Always"....

it's because of the instant hit associated with snorting it... you get less but you get it much quicker.

yup, i agree completely.

it provides more euphoria, lasts longer, and doesn't give you a migraine from all the shit you just put up your nose the next morning.

you just have to wait 30 minutes. or less on an empty stomach.

you can even increase the BA by taking it with fish oils so you get an even harder hit.

Yeah with my oxycodone I usually take 1500mg tums, omega 3 fatty acids, coconut oil capsule, vitamin D capsule, and a multivitamin

Hey Guys,

I have a question for this old thread:
I've been on Oxy for a while now and I noticed that snorting them work so much better. I'm not looking to get high, I'm looking for better pain relief. And I don't feel any high from snorting them...they just work so much better then eating them. The pain relief also lasts a long time.
So what I'm reading here is that snorting them is no good for you? Also, what does BA mean?
I still follow the 4 Oxys per day rule by my doctor, but will this effect a drug test? I never take more then prescribed, I'm just snorting them instead of eating them.

Thanks for any info and advice.

Hey Guys,

I have a question for this old thread:
I've been on Oxy for a while now and I noticed that snorting them work so much better. I'm not looking to get high, I'm looking for better pain relief. And I don't feel any high from snorting them...they just work so much better then eating them. The pain relief also lasts a long time.
So what I'm reading here is that snorting them is no good for you? Also, what does BA mean?
I still follow the 4 Oxys per day rule by my doctor, but will this effect a drug test? I never take more then prescribed, I'm just snorting them instead of eating them.

Thanks for any info and advice.

BA means bioavailability - essentially its the proportion of the drug which enters the the circulation after ingestion and is active.
we can't answer your questions about drug testing.

you might want to re-word your question and make your own thread.