• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Snorting vs Eating. (How much is wasted / Bioavailability)

FinKarma

Bluelighter
So I used to eat my oxycodone 30mg IR, but eventually my friends got me in to snorting them back when you could get the non-clumping OxyContin 80mg’s & I’ve been doing it ever since. Unless I’m at school, work, or in public, then of course I’ll eat them if I can’t find a quiet & safe place to crush one up. My question is a two parter; 1) What is the bioavailability for snorting vs eating oxycodone 30mg IR?
2) Is there a real difference in terms of the high with each method or is this all just my own little mental habitual ritual?
I’ve noticed at times that even just using my pill crusher or prepping a dose in a bill can make my feel a little better. When I grab one I Always just feel like crushing it ASAP and it always hits me faster than eating one, but maybe I’m losing out on some of the high long term this way?

So I used to eat my oxycodone 30mg IR, but eventually my friends got me in to snorting them back when you could get the non-clumping OxyContin 80mg’s & I’ve been doing it ever since. Unless I’m at school, work, or in public, then of course I’ll eat them if I can’t find a quiet & safe place to crush one up. My question is a two parter; 1) What is the bioavailability for snorting vs eating oxycodone 30mg IR?
2) Is there a real difference in terms of the high with each method or is this all just my own little mental habitual ritual?
I’ve noticed at times that even just using my pill crusher or prepping a dose in a bill can make my feel a little better. When I grab one I Always just feel like crushing it ASAP and it always hits me faster than eating one, but maybe I’m losing out on some of the high long term this way?
Eat it.
Snorting it may hit you quicker, but far less actually gets into your system. Also the buzz lasts far longer when you eat it.

AFAIK almost all pills have a higher bioavailability taken orally. There are a few exceptions. though ..

Oral
bioavailability: 60-87%
onset: 20 min
duration: 4-6 hrs

Insuflatted
bioavailability: 55-70%
onset: 2-5 min
duration: 3-5 hrs

take your pick

Oral
bioavailability: 60-87%
onset: 20 min
duration: 4-6 hrs

Insuflatted
bioavailability: 55-70%
onset: 2-5 min
duration: 3-5 hrs

take your pick
Damn. Thanks for the information. I’ve been looking around randomly for a while now and hadn’t been able to find actual answers on this. Looks like I’ll be eating my next dose. Maybe I’ll try half each way until I can get out of the habit. I think that’s a big part of it for me. It’s like my body knows it’s coming once I put it in the crusher and start to twist it. It’s Crazy just how powerful the mind can be. For whatever reason I love the act of snorting things even though I was pretty certain i had to be wasting some of it in terms of bioavailability compared to just eating them.

You've developed a mental habit with snorting like people do with the needle. I always snorted oxycodone (and various opioids) so I know exactly what you mean when you say just the act makes you feel better. You'll get more from oxycodone doing it orally than any other route excluding IV. However, with this drug IV isn't even worth the time because it's said to produce no rush and it's so effective orally that IV doesn't add much more.

When I quit snorting oxys I slowly switched over to oral dosing. By that I mean I would start breaking the pills in the half (eat half, snort half). Eventually I stopped snorting all together. My nose is a lot better off now. Have you ever flushed out your nose? You'll be shocked by how much powder comes out of it if you have a daily habit. I flushed mine once and was seeing powder from weeks before coming out (I could tell by the color). I don't even want to think about what is sitting in my lungs from years of abuse....

Note that the BA of all drugs are different. There are drugs like morphine that are useless to snort, very weak when taken orally, but very strong through other routes like plugging. There are other drugs like xanax that are useless to do through any route other than orally. Most tablets/pills are bad to IV no matter how much you filter them but people use them that way because they're already on the needle or the drug produces a great rush (hydromorphone comes to mind). So don't assume this will hold true for everything. It's a good idea just to stick to taking drugs orally when possible because generally it's the safest way to consume them.

I haven't snorted oxy in 4 years or so now. I still get the sniffles when I see other folks doing it. Straws still give me the sniffles from time to time. Once you've snorted a substance like oxy for years your body never forgets how good it feels. It's like having a fetish.

Oxy was a drug that I always snorted. It was probably my favorite drug of any Ive ever taken to snort. Ah how I would crush up 10 roxies right now and blow them all down.

so I got some 80mg oc's crushable and snrtoabke, would you recommend it? I've never snorted oxy before, what wood you start with 40mg at once? ki can take 120mg oral IR and go to work no problem

If you pick your nose and eat what's left and you don't care much about your lungs than go that way. If anything stays up in your nostrils use some watter to drip all to the stomach and thats that. Or I could preach how pills are not ment to be snorted. But who would want to hear that?
when I first started doing oxy I got this warm feeling and nice itch, now I don't get that but I do get high

I just want that euphoria rush that I lost. I got 80 oc so I can suck the coating off and crush and snort. Will it give me that rush im looking for?

It will if you dose high enough. Question is how much "powder" must you absorb to get to that place. If you had pure oxycodone hcl it eouldnt be that hard.

Just for the example, not advice - if you have to snort and absorb 180mg of Oxycontin then it will be hard to get a rush as you will get clogged. Better to do some portion orally and then snort 1/3 of the dose. At least thats my opinion.
I am gonna give that a try, maybe eat a 80mg and snort half the another pill and see where that lands me. I just took a tolerance break, where I cold turkey for 2 days and then jump back on at 1/4 the dose I was originally taking.
It somewhat worked but I will try to go longer next time as 80mg gets me high but not like it should