• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone question?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so i do any where between 100-120 mg a day. Last night i didnt go to bed till 6 am and woke up at 10 am for work and did 20 mg before i left. So i slept 4 hours. I did my last dose at 4 am before i went to sleep. So if i do 100 mg a day do i needa watch my dosing by 12 hours as a day or the full 24 hours for a day. I thought the half life of oxy is like 4 hours anyway..by the way my ROA is nasal. Sorry for the complicated question... i just dont want to get into overdose territory. Please help me, I've been wondering about this for a while just wanna be safe! Thanks alot guys! Yall are the best!

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Does not they way you feel tell you if you're getting into overdose territory? Oxycodone is easy to dose because the strenght does not vary like for example in street heroin.

Im asking if like when i say i do 100 mg a day does that mean i take that amount in 24 hours. Or does the amount i take a day mean from when i wake up to when i go to bed? Because sometimes i only sleep 4 to 6 hours didnt know if it hasnt been 24 hours that my doses still count from yesterday on my short sleep nights? Sorry i dont know how else to word it. Thanks for the quick response

I've always meant by the amount I take a day the amount I take from when I wake up to when I go to bed. I still don't get your fear of overdose. You will feel if 1.You're in need of oxy. Don't take more when you wake up until you actually need it. 2.If you're feeling fine. 3.If it's soon going to be too much. You're quite inexperienced with opiates, right? Better safe than sorry, of course :)

Take the oxycodone orally you will absorb ~30% more of your dose. (higher oral BA)

Done.

Save your nose for the good drugs like cocaine and heroin if u dont inject.

Last edited:
Im definitely have alot of experience with opiates trust me. 3 + years of use. I just never got the daily dosage hours concept

It's a rolling 24 hour total when you talk about amounts in a day. So i.e. 8am to 8am the next day (or whatever hour you start at). That will not dictate overdose amount though. If you took your usual 24 hour amount in a shorter timeframe than usual it can still be too much. Best rule of thumb before redosing is are you easily arousable when "nodding", are you able to speak and see clearly (no slurred speech or blurry vision), and is your respiratory rate within normal limits (usually 12-20 breaths per minute. To check, count the number of times you breathe in and out (that's one breath) for 15secs then multiply by 4. If on the low side count for the full minute to be sure). If everything okay should be fine to take more after one hour if desired effect not achieved. Once you reach amount at one time that works well wait 4-6 hours to take equivalent dose again if you dose around the clock. Lethargy (severe drowsiness), inability to speak/see clearly, and especially respirations less than 12/min are all signs that you are bordering on overdose. If someone is unable to be aroused fully, cannot speak coherently, or if their respirations are less than 8/min, very shallow, irregular, or absent seek immediate medical attention.

It's a rolling 24 hour total when you talk about amounts in a day. So i.e. 8am to 8am the next day (or whatever hour you start at). That will not dictate overdose amount though. If you took your usual 24 hour amount in a shorter timeframe than usual it can still be too much. Best rule of thumb before redosing is are you easily arousable when "nodding", are you able to speak and see clearly (no slurred speech or blurry vision), and is your respiratory rate within normal limits (usually 12-20 breaths per minute. To check, count the number of times you breathe in and out (that's one breath) for 15secs then multiply by 4. If on the low side count for the full minute to be sure). If everything okay should be fine to take more after one hour if desired effect not achieved. Once you reach amount at one time that works well wait 4-6 hours to take equivalent dose again if you dose around the clock. Lethargy (severe drowsiness), inability to speak/see clearly, and especially respirations less than 12/min are all signs that you are bordering on overdose. If someone is unable to be aroused fully, cannot speak coherently, or if their respirations are less than 8/min, very shallow, irregular, or absent seek immediate medical attention.

Extremely pro tips from a pro user. EVERYONE who uses should take notes from this. Great post again maggells

I've been taking opiates since 2002 so his post surely doesn't apply to me. It gets to the point where euphoria has NO effect on me and pain relief is minor as well no matter how much I take. I have taken 3-40mg's of Oxymorphone inside an hour with no effect until I took an 80mg Oxycontin and relief started within 30 minutes.

BTW, I take 120mg's of O'done a day for breakthrough and it works excellent.