• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone question? Help please

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so ive been using oxy and hydro for the past 3 years(mainly oxy). My habit varys from 50-100 mg a day. Ok so oxy has always gave me that hype enterjetic feeling like i can work for 24 hours straight. Here lately for some reason oxy no matter the amount makes me tired and groggy. I hate this new feeling it gives me. Maybe thats my sign to quit? Thanks everybody. This website is a blessing helps me out tons!!

I have nearly the same habit as you, I don't use everyday but every 1-3 weeks I'll binge on 50-150mg of hydro a day until I run out, I've been steadily increasing to that amount over the past 5 years. I'm sorry but I don't really have much advice, I have the same problem with oxy now and it's really getting me to consider stopping.

Perhaps you have just hit the wall. What I mean is as you worked your way up and stabilized how much you need, you got all the energy associated with relatively high oxycodone doses. You dont need sleep, feel like you can get so much done and generally feel really productive. But eventually, you get used to the drug and all its effects and your normal patterns return. Where once you could take your dose and do anything, you have now built tolerance and the energy and lack of need for sleep vanished.

Opiates are sedatives and that includes oxy at lower doses it was probably making u energized but as u increased the dose the stimulating effect is being over whelmed with the sedating effects probably

It's like kratom if u take a little it ussally gives u energy but u take a lot it sedates u for the most part hope this help I'm almost positive this is your issue maybe if u stop for a bit let your tolerance go down and then try again with a low dose that used to stimulate u and if it does I was right if not its probably just your receptors being fucked I know mine where after using 150mgs a day for 1 year I can like no longer get high on them just tired but after I stopped for awhile was taking vitamins to repair my receptors they work now :) for now that's is :(

Are you talking about oxy(codone), or oxy(morphone) ?

- Hopeless Soul

Ok so ive been using oxy and hydro for the past 3 years(mainly oxy). My habit varys from 50-100 mg a day. Ok so oxy has always gave me that hype enterjetic feeling like i can work for 24 hours straight. Here lately for some reason oxy no matter the amount makes me tired and groggy. I hate this new feeling it gives me. Maybe thats my sign to quit? Thanks everybody. This website is a blessing helps me out tons!!

I had the same problem as you. I was about 100-120mg a day for roughly two years, and then all of a sudden I hit some kind of wall and it stopped being fun and became me doing it just so I don't get sick. I ended up quitting cold turkey about 5 years ago, and now I feel like my brain ignores any drugs I give it. I got my hand on 8 5mg Hydros just a month ago. Popped all of them at once after not doing anything for a long time and I felt "good" for maybe 10-15 minutes. As soon as that feeling started to drop I got pissed and the buzz was ruined. About 4 months before that I was in the ER and got Morphine IV for a kidney stone. The first dose of (I think) 8mg got me that opiate high for about 5 minutes, after that I just wanted to sleep or was on edge. All the other doses they gave me after that had almost no effect.

So yea, I can't explain it, but I know what you're going through. Years of abuse like this and we've fucked up the delicate chemical balance of our brains.

Oxycodone is derived from the thebaine alkaloid, it tends to give users more of an "energetic" feeling, than opioids. derived from morphine or codeine. It sounds like you're suffering from a case of good 'ol tolerance build up.

- Hopeless Soul

Oxycodone is derived from the thebaine alkaloid, it tends to give users more of an "energetic" feeling, than opioids. derived from morphine or codeine. It sounds like you're suffering from a case of good 'ol tolerance build up.

- Hopeless Soul

I don't know if you you're replying to me or him or both, but yea you are probably right. Although for me it's weird, because when I quit cold turkey I stayed clean for a long damn time. I'll always be an addict, as they say in AA and what not, but I most certainly do not use regularly. I can go months at a time without doing opiates and then get my hands on something and it will do almost nothing for me. Little to no euphoria, short buzz, etc. It makes no sense. I wouldn't call that tolerance as my brain should regulate itself again after a period of time.

I was responding to the OP, and adding general information to the thread, but for some people, their brain never regulates itself back to pre-abuse levels. It's as if their receptors are permanently used to the effects of opiates.

- Hopeless Soul

Could it be that oxy also affects the metabolism of noradrenaline, adrenaline or similar hormone/neurotransmitter, as Tramadol for example? There are still many things unclear regarding the mechanisms of action of all sorts of drugs. I doubt it is totally clear to anyone today how exactly Oxy works, which receptors come in play, and how these again work. Anyhow, I think one possible explanation could be that you have run out of adrenaline, or noradrenaline.
Wikipedia article is quite basic. It mentions antidepressant effect of Oxy, but there is nothing else mentioned in its mechanism of action except it affects common opiate receptors...