• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone potentiator

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Is grapefruit juice really that effective, anyone have any experience?

I saw an episode of the show 'Intervention' about a guy who was a Chef by trade whose DOC was Fentynal and he was proud that he had his methods down to a science. He mentioned something about Citrus juice while he was shooting up Fent in his bathtub and nodding out. And yes, I would like to have a definitive answer to the OP's question as well for curiosity's sake.

Not sure about opiates but it 110% works with benzos!
A pint of it 30-45 mins before your dose.
I'd say it at least doubles, maybe even triples the effect, so tread very carefully!
Caught me off guard a few times and into massive blackouts.

Hey dude Ive heard of this but it has to be the right type of grapefruit i researched it a lot back in the day and half people who done it swear by it and the other half say it doesn't work or even blocks the high enzyme activity

Is grapefruit juice really that effective, anyone have any experience?
Yes, juice should definitely work as booster for oxycodone!
Grapefruit juice blocks or rather say Inhibits liver enzyme called CYP3A4, oxy's primary liver metabolism goes by the same enzyme, so blocking it should cause this process to stop/stall, as the result, oxycodone's effects will last longer, but be very careful! This might cause an overdose even with therapeutical dosages! Start carefully with small amounts of juice because everyone knows how easy to OD with opioids/ates even w/o any boosters.

Oh, and juice enzyme inhibition will lasts up for 3 days, keep this in mind

Last edited:
Yes, juice should definitely work as booster for oxycodone!
Grapefruit juice blocks or rather say Inhibits liver enzyme called CYP3A4, oxy's primary liver metabolism goes by the same enzyme, so blocking it should cause this process to stop/stall, as the result, oxycodone's effects will last longer, but be very careful! This might cause an overdose even with therapeutical dosages! Start carefully with small amounts of juice because everyone knows how easy to OD with opioids/ates even w/o any boosters.

Oh, and juice enzyme inhibition will lasts up for 3 days, keep this in mind
Well im a HEAVY opiate user and oxy is only my breakthrough med so not worried about od but do you think since it inhibits that the oxy'll build up over a few days, and with that in mind ( the buildup) cause tolerance to increase ( i like my oxy tolerance where it is =p)

Well im a HEAVY opiate user and oxy is only my breakthrough med so not worried about od but do you think since it inhibits that the oxy'll build up over a few days, and with that in mind ( the buildup) cause tolerance to increase ( i like my oxy tolerance where it is =p)
Well, juice's furanocoumarins aka enzyme inhibitors excrates much more faster, but depends from the strength of inhibitor, might cause lack of the enzyme itself, and it needs time for your body to produce it back to normal amounts. That's why 3 days :)

A warning was just to.. What a surprise, to warn you :D

Well, juice's furanocoumarins aka enzyme inhibitors excrates much more faster, but depends from the strength of inhibitor, might cause lack of the enzyme itself, and it needs time for your body to produce it back to normal amounts. That's why 3 days :)

A warning was just to.. What a surprise, to warn you :D
Haha yeah my oxy dose isnt remotely as high as my morphine, but yeah gots to always be careful with these things wonder whatd happen if someone were to chug a bottle of grapefruit juice, take a high dose of oxy, and chug a bottle of the juice everyday ya think that one dose of oxy would last for days? Good theory no? Or to constantly drink juice throughout the day for days what a blessing it would be to only have to take one dose every few days haha

Haha yeah my oxy dose isnt remotely as high as my morphine, but yeah gots to always be careful with these things wonder whatd happen if someone were to chug a bottle of grapefruit juice, take a high dose of oxy, and chug a bottle of the juice everyday ya think that one dose of oxy would last for days? Good theory no? Or to constantly drink juice throughout the day for days
The dosage of oxy lasting for days is lethal :)
That's why we redosimg instead of taking all at once :D

@Zonxx
Yeah :)
Something like that.
We maintaining the effect that lasting a days, or even weeks by redosing or just binging.. It's the only way

You may have a high tolerance, but still GO EASY! I had a savage tolerance to benzos (id eat on average 20mg of xanax a day without blacking out, taking it in doses of 2 or 4mg at a time, also taking diaz, diclaz, clonaz, flubroLAM, etiz alongside or in between)
When i chugged just 1 pint of GF juice and took 4mg xanax,i blacked out (and compulsively redosed) for over 36hrs.

I think it has to be white gf juice. The cheap cartons are normally the white stuff. I dont think the pink one works/works aswel.
It might have that confused tho, its been years and years since i researched this.

I'm prescribed Quetiapine which is an Antipsychotic and it says on the box "Avoid Drinking Grapefruit Juice". I'm prescribed Oxycodone as well.

I wonder what will happen if I do drink it?

The UK NHS has listed drugs that interact with grapefruit juice, scroll down the page and have a look, Oxycodone is listed: Grapefruit Juice and Medication interactions

Last edited:
Is it any grapefruit juice or a specific kind what about the fruit itself if you eat a fresh grapefruit will that do it or does it have to be concentrated juice I would be interested to see if by simply drinking juice you could take less and get the same effect

Also does it only effect the high feeling or does it also help the pain killing effect for those of us in chronic pain

I'm not sure which type of grapefruit you need to use. I guess it would have to be fresh (real) grapefruit juice.

EDIT: I've never tried it so I can't comment on whether it makes the high better or whether it lasts longer.

Also does it only effect the high feeling or does it also help the pain killing effect for those of us in chronic pain
From my research last night it extends the 'peak' time by approx 1.5x so it lasts 50% longer aswell as increases peak concentration by 1.2-1.4x so 20-40% stronger in effects aka high/painkilling but every individual is different aswell as i could not find info determining if you chug a litre vs a glass, but you MUST drink a decent amount

I'm not sure which type of grapefruit you need to use. I guess it would have to be fresh (real) grapefruit juice.

EDIT: I've never tried it so I can't comment on whether it makes the high better or whether it lasts longer.
it has to be the grapefruit juice with pulp

From my research last night it extends the 'peak' time by approx 1.5x so it lasts 50% longer aswell as increases peak concentration by 1.2-1.4x so 20-40% stronger in effects aka high/painkilling but every individual is different aswell as i could not find info determining if you chug a litre vs a glass, but you MUST drink a decent amount

it has to be the grapefruit juice with pulp

So fresh (chilled/refrigerated) grapefruit juice? I wanna try this out. Your saying it could potentiate upto 40%? If so ur looking at a BA of 100-120%! That would be equivalent to IV Oxycodone. Oral Oxycodone has a BA of ~80%, so if you drink grapefruit juice your theoretically getting back the 20% and exceeding it too ( upto 40% ) lost through first pass metabolism via orally taken. I hope that makes sense lol

Last edited:
So fresh (chilled/refrigerated) grapefruit juice? I wanna try this out. Your saying it could potentiate upto 40%? If so ur looking at a BA of 100-120%! That would be equivalent to IV Oxycodone. Oral Oxycodone has a BA of ~80%, so if you drink grapefruit juice your theoretically getting back the 20% and exceeding it too ( upto 40% ) lost through first pass metabolism via orally taken. I hope that makes sense lol
Actually the BA is 60-87% to start with but yeah

Yep cyp3a4 inhibits liver's metabolism of oxycodone. Some things are stronger inhibitors than others. Grapefruit is a medium inhibitor. I take nefazodone (Serzone) antidepressant because it is a strong inhibitor. Tonight... or yesterday... I took clindamycin with an extra dose of serzone. Clindamycin is also a strong inhibitor. That was for another med that is potentiated well with your grapefruit ingredient. Think cyp3a4 favors the oxycodone away from metabolite oxymorphone which is very little anyway. Even though I live by oxymorphone daily, personally I never take oxycodone without something that takes away the the liver's ability to inhubit metabolism. Grapefruit juice (white, real juice) is an easy way to make my oxycodone effects much greater and longer. They are making real white grapefruit juice in the color pink. Read the label because it might not be worthless "Ruby Red" if it has the ingredient- white gf juice from concentrate. Inhibit!