• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone-only need 5mg, cheaper to get higher dose...what do I do?

supermaniac

Greenlighter
So Ive gone through a lot of drug use in my life, but still have minor pain and I hate acetaminophen and ibuprofen. Nsaids gave me an ulcer!

Id like a way to pop a 5 mg perc/oxy before bed to relax. However, you can can guess how outrageous that costs. Instead I have a chance to get 5 OP 40's, for a total of 200mg oxy, or the equivalent of 40 of those 5mg percs. (It would cost way less btw) Can I crush up the 40's into a water solution, and use a dropper (euro dropper) to just drop out the approx 5mg I want per night or am I dreaming? Im not looking to crush oxycontins for iv, snorting, or even to break the time-release. I just want my dang low dose oxy at the lowest price. Thanks for any advice. Im pretty sure it would be easier with the IR roxys just grind that up into a water solution, but the price isnt as right, but if thats what I have to resort to, it should still be better.

not really, cause the OP wont really crush up and expel the oxy into solution. either break them into 8ths or even 1/4's as they wont hit you the same way with the time release.

one way of doing it would be to soak the pill in cola or any other acidic soda or even vinegar (yuck) for 12 hours or so. if you use 40ml soda then 5ml=5mg oxy.

this is because the soda is approx. the same ph as stomach acid, so the time release will work just like it's in a stomach.

If they are the new ER oxycotin you will not be able to more than just cut them in quarters. The pill will be a plastic piece that slowly releases the oxy.

So here's the deal. Generally speaking it's difficult to use an extended release formulated pill to achieve the same results you'd achieve with an instant release formulation of the same chemical. I'm not gonna go into that too much, but I will say that in many ways the real effect achieved from many medications is only felt as the plasma of that medication is rising within our systems. Once we peak, of course we are still under the influence of a substance, the most fun part of the ride is over. This is my sneaking suspicion.

Oxycodone 5mg instant release formulations, such as Percocet, peak within our systems between 1.3 and 2.1 hours, depending on what we've eaten and other factors, with a maximum plasma concentration, (Cmax), between 9.8ng/ml and 11.7ng/ml with a bioavailability of roughly 100% and a half life of 3.2 hours.

So the question is how close to those numbers can we get with OP Oxycontin? (having personally take the OP's steadily a few years back I am of the opinion that the smallest pieces you could theoretically cut them into would be quarters and keep them relatively even. Also if soaked in Coca-Cola or chewed with Coca-Cola in mouth, the extended release formulation begins to break down it would seem, that being said it definitely isn't comparable to IR oxycodone, but it is an improvement)

What I found is that a 10mg OP Oxycontin formulation reaches peak plasma in approximately 2.7 hours (Tmax) with plasma concentrations of approximately 10.6ng/ml (Cmax). Bioavailability is between 60% and 87%. Half-Life of 4.5 hours.

Essentially what this would suggest is that a quarter of an OP 40 would be similar to a 5mg Percocet depending on how well you metabolize the OP. This being said the OP is going to hit slower and potentially last a little longer. Sometimes I find that the slower something hits, the less fun it is, up to a point. I associate less euphoria with the OP's than the IR formulations. Theoretically a dose of 12-15mg OP might feel more like the 5mg IR does, for longer, but remember that increasing the dose increases dependence.

I'm not going to suggest you start keeping the 40's around because that often times leads to a more severe addiction in my experience, back pain or not. I however have given you all the information relevant for you to decide how you would proceed. Be Safe.

Sources, not the best sources, but still source like for the most part.

http://images.rxlist.com/images/rxlist/oxyco2.gif - chart (not sure if I even trust rxlist, but they had a pretty looking graph)

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1267565/000104746915003920/g733520.jpg - (Interesting Graph)

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/archives/fdaDrugInfo.cfm?archiveid=48107 - relatively useful source

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/archives/fdaDrugInfo.cfm?archiveid=15783 - relatively useful source

seriously, try the cola thing. if you can cut them into 8 bits, then just soak that piece in cola overnight then all the oxy will be in the cola. drink the pill too though to be sure!

Seriously, just try cutting them up into small pieces. No need to do any of this other extraction bs, just eat a little piece of the pill.

You hear a lot of complaints from people about the OP OxyContin, but used for pain relief, they still work ok. You may need a higher dose than you would of IR Oxycodone, but the therapeutic properties should last longer (imo, 6-8 hours for OP OxyContin, vs 3-4 for same dose of IR Oxycodone).

I actually saw a post from someone who worked as a pharmacist mentioning how that anyone can bring in one of the pooped out pills to have lab tested for content and on average less than 10% of the compound was left in the digested pill. It is even possible they work for sustaining a 12 hour relief vs a formula that can powder down, but who knows. I do use the oxy 30 2x a day and find them extremely useful and even though I use opana 5 mg ir with it (at doses of 10 mg by 5 mg split apart a bit by a half hour that I usually IV 4 times a day). When I run out of my opana I usually only need twice the dose... Although when I don't have cannabis none of this really applies as I have more issues than just pain and can not find relief with opiates alone nor can I with cannabis alone.

So just to be clear, if I popped an ER 40 into say, a bottle of coke overnight, would it dissolve completely into the soda and I could just drink the desired amount? Or just cutting into 8ths, I have a pretty good pill cutter so that should work too...I like the drink idea because I can control the dosage better, but Im unsure if the pill would actually dissolve completely and be worth it. Maybe it would be worth it just to get oxy 10's or 20's so I know I wont be losing much as is possible in the previous processes I mentioned. Thanks everyone.

the pill doesnt dissolve, it actually swells up with the coke, but all the oxy is transferred from the pill to the coke.

oh and sorry, just read the OP. if youre just taking them for pain and not a buzz then just cut them into 8. but the coke thing defeats the time release