• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone OD Symptoms or something else?

Lazylost20

Greenlighter
I have been using OC off and on for two years. I don't use it to the extreme as most, but I did encounter a strange issue this morning.

I am 35, 5'9" and 235 healthy male. i currently have 5/325 prescribed and typically take 30mg - 40mg a day. I have been on my current stretch for about three weeks now. i usually start with 15mg in the AM and then dose 10mg every 2-4 hours until I reach my personal cutoff...not so much for the OC concerns but the acetaminophen. While I understand this is not a very alarming doseage I did encounter shallow breathing, rapid heart rate, popped ears, and some confusion this morning which has now resided in a constant headache. I am well aware of the "anxiety" effects of OC. Does this sound simply like that or did I for whatever reason experience some mild form of an OD coming on?

i would quickly chaulked it up to a "panic attack" but it just seemed to be more intense than what I have experienced before and some of the residual "off" feeling and constant headache has lasted for 6 hours now is what have me wondering.

i don't know if it would be safe to take my next dose or just wait it out and ensure nothing is wrong??

Your symptoms sound like they're from the oxycodone, not the acetaminophen. That's a pretty hefty dose, and those symptoms usually occur when you take a dose between a normal, average dose and a potentially fatal dose. Your life is not in danger, but don't up the dose any higher or it could be. If you've been taking the same dose for weeks, and took the same dose today, you can't OD, unless you mix it with other drugs. As for the acetominophen, even though you're not expirencing current problems from it it's still a problem. The effects of high doses of acetominophen are mostly long term. Its horrible for your liver. It stays in your system for a very long amount of time, so separating the doses throughout the day won't help. Using it multiple days in a row makes it worse too. I highly recommend you do a cold water extraction (CWE), it removes the acetominophen from the oxycodone. Its super easy, just takes 5 minutes, then 30 minutes in the fridge, then another 5 minutes. You can find tutorials on Youtube

Thank you for your input. It is in your opinion that I may have experienced some case of OD symptoms from the OC?

i didn't think 35mg a day was considered all that high. I am definitely aware of the effects of high doseAges of acetaminophen. With my current use age it's roughly 2275mg a day. My first dose is usually around 8 AM last dose is typically around 5 PM each day. I experienced these symptoms after my 8 AM dose this morning. I would think I had a good gap in between from 5 PM the day before.

Should I forego taking anything else for todAy or even longer? How long does the risk of OD last after dosing?

Thank you. I will adhere to this advice to be on the safe side.

i still have a headache and feeling worn out. Should I still be concerned of possible life threatening complications from the last use? It's been almost 8 hours. I just do t want to risk going to sleep or neglecting any signs that I should seek medical attention at this point?

i really did not think 35mg a day was such a big concern.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon to experience rebound headaches from pain medication. You didn't say for how long you have been prescribed these but I believe you are overusing them. If you have been taking this dose for three weeks, you probably will be okay. It's a good idea to have someone sit with you in case you start to fall out.

If you feel that you are in an overdose situation, don't hesitate to get medical attention. In the future, take oxycodone as directed by your physician and don't take more because you want to feel high. I would hate to see you wind up addicted because this is how many of us started out.