• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone not for me?

anyyokes

Greenlighter
So last night i got my hands on some oxycontin XR 20mg pills. I took one on an empty stomach at 12am, chewing it to remove the time release. I felt a definite body high within minutes, tingly and sort of speedy but very relaxed at the same time (i have a bad cut on my wrist which has been causing me a lot of pain but this was completely pain free, which was nice)

However, I did not feel any of the mood lift or primarily apathy that i was hoping to feel. I still felt very anxious (I've suffered from anxiety a long time now) and I still felt terrible about a recent break up with my girlfriend, my reason for taking the drug being to feel better about that for a while.

I took another 10mg after 1 hour, and 45 minutes after that i was so tired i needed to sleep, but instead just lay in bed for awhile feeling down, before falling asleep and waking up with a TERRIBLE hangover, much worse than alcohol.

My question is: is it possible that oxycodone just doesn't agree with me and i should throw the rest away? Or should I tryagain with a different dose? Also I took the tablet after a long and tiring day and very little sleep the night before, should I maybe take it again under better circumstances?

dont throw it away, wait a few days before doing that. Ive had times were I would get anxiety from oxy/hydro/opiates, and then throw my batch away actualy thinking the drugs were fake. I would try either lowering dose, or give it a few days to think about

Last edited:
You think lowering is a good idea? It wasn't that I got anxiety from the drug; I have anxiety that I was hoping it would relieve. Mainly I was hoping for that "I don't give a fuck" feeling people talk about, which I get from coke or benzoes but unfortuntely don't have access too at the moment

sorry read the post wrong, First next time you dose, try to do them all the same time without redose, and if you are using an xr or OP brand oxycontin, look for posts online to see if you can defeat the time released, If 20mg and 10mg redose wasnt cutting it, Id wait until tomarrow morning and just take two 20'S, 40MG oxycontin, Or if you can defeat the time release try 30mg at once.

Oxy isnt for everyone, so sure doesnt always hit the sweet spot for all, But most users seek that speedy, productive, warm, almost adderall type high that oxy gives. Good luck, and dont dose over 40mg without tolerance because higher dose oxy can cause panic attacks.

I was able to beat the time release by chewing it. Should I still take 2? why did i get so sleepy only 90 mins after my first dose?

It's an opiate. They have different effects. They have different effects for different reasons. State of mind. Me taking them for real pain, vs me taking a pill for a good time is different. Also, again, paradox effects, may relieve anxiety, but they can cause a lot more anxiety if misused. Personally, I wouldn't go develop a quick tolerance to opiates. Examine why you need, want, seek them in the first place. Opiates can be fun and no trouble, or hook you. I'm sure another poster will help out.

Okay so I chewed 40mg about an hour ago. I feel definitely pretty high but not in that good of a way, not really euphoric, which I would be off say xanax or even cannabis. Probably not worth the addiction potential so i'm thinking i will toss the rest of them

I felt the same about 200mg tramadol, and 120mg dihydrocodeine. Is it possible that opiates just don't agree with me then?

Also i take mirtazapine 15mg daily, could this be interfering with the euphoria?

That's remeron, right? No, remeron shouldn't interfere with the euphoria. When I started on oxy, I didn't get the euphoric, warm, feel like im on top of the world feeling right away either. They kind of made me sick in the beginning actually. But after a while I really started hitting my sweet spot. Watch out if you do hit that spot, because youre not going to want to stop.

Oh, and my roa was insufflation. If you want to do it that way, get a callus remover and pull off the metal piece with the holes in it. Then shave the pill down scraping it over that. If you want to get rid of the time release you can put the pile of shavings in the oven for a bit and the time release shit cooks off. Im not sure what temp. tho, its been a while since ive done it. Frankly I think its better to just do it as is, it takes a little longer to kick in, but the oven also seems to cook off some of the good stuff.

If you feel "euphoria" (which can be a very subjective thing) from xanax and not from oxy, then you require something like xanax or similar drugs in their class - sounds to me like you are quite anxious. I suffer PTSD and a good dose (for me) of oxycodone absolutely kills my anxiety and stops panic attacks in its tracks. I feel stimulated and opionated from oxy, whereas xanax etc make me experience increased anxiety and a dysphoria of sorts.....it maybe worth seeking help for your anxiety because if that was me I would know my anxiety was really bad if 40mgs of oxycodone wasn't bringing me down from the edge of a cliff.

If it doesn't make you feel good then you're blessed and should run in the opposite direction of this class of drugs, take care.

If you feel "euphoria" (which can be a very subjective thing) from xanax and not from oxy, then you require something like xanax or similar drugs in their class - sounds to me like you are quite anxious. I suffer PTSD and a good dose (for me) of oxycodone absolutely kills my anxiety and stops panic attacks in its tracks. I feel stimulated and opionated from oxy, whereas xanax etc make me experience increased anxiety and a dysphoria of sorts.....it maybe worth seeking help for your anxiety because if that was me I would know my anxiety was really bad if 40mgs of oxycodone wasn't bringing me down from the edge of a cliff.

If it doesn't make you feel good then you're blessed and should run in the opposite direction of this class of drugs, take care.

There is no euphoria from xanax....basically you are like me...you have bad anxiety and the elevation in mood you feel is the absence of the anxiety that has become your baseline. When I take xanax I feel high, but I know this is just how most people without anxiety disorders feel normally.

Also, oxy is a thebaine derivative. Maybe a morphine derivative would be better. Lots of people say they feel a speedy effect from oxy. Personally, I didn't like oxy, however morphine became my downfall because it controlled my anxiety so well.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I really didn't enjoy oxy the last 2 times so i've thrown away the rest, going to stick with weed from now on. That's right about why xanax makes me euphoric but fortunately I have no access to it at the moment and hopefully I'll be feeling better not to abuse it by the time it comes back around. Not worth taking morpine i'm thinking so i will just give up on opiates, probably a good thing

Honestly, if your anxiety is bad I would suggest seeing your GP, and talking to him about trying zoloft (has given me a better baseline to start from) and a long acting benzo like clonazepam, or valium. I am detoxing from xanax as the short lived effects just don't seem to be working anymore, and I have built up a dependence on them.

Remember, dependence is different from addiction. You could say a diabetic is dependent on insulin.

I've seen plenty of doctor's and psychiatrists, tried zoloft barely slept or ate for a month as well as loads of other unpleasant side effects same as lexapro that's why i'm on remeron now. They won't prescribe me benzoes as I was addicted to them before and here in Ireland that means I'll never be prescribed them again (believe me I've tried)

Holy shit you've thrown them away? you need to be fucking banished from bluelight and your children and your childrens children! You could have sent them to me,lol! Just fucking with you man I have flushed around 100 bags of dope(well half of them I believe were fent) this month due to an asshole leaving drugs in my bathroom and then again after a brief relapse after 9 years of abstinence from dope. My younger self would have been very disappointed in me,lol!

Lol, I said I'd 'thrown them away' but I still have them of course.. I had other plans for them I'm not crazy, I didn't want to incriminate myself but I would never toss expensive drugs. However no one I know seems to want them, and being a junkie I'm having a serious debate whether I should take them again. I shouldn't, right? I really really didn't enjoy the last two experiences. Then again I don't enjoy sobriety either.. Is there such thing as "third time's the charm" with hard drugs?

^yes, yes there is and that third time may me the first of many you enjoy - until you don't enjoy them and you're trapped, AGAIN! Find someone who lives near you and post them. :)

Like I said man, it took me a minute before I really started to enjoy oxy. But when I did....look out.