• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Oxycodone M30 Withdrawal

Mgold55

Bluelighter
Hello. Alittle background info on me. I am 33 years old, 6'2 215. I started using vicodin at age 27 until 30 at doses of up to 70 mg a day. At age 31 I started using oxycodone. First time with oxy i went on a 2 month run at 60 mg a day and quit cold turkey. I remained off for about 4 months and then regained use at doses of 120 mg a day for about 6 months-9months. I quit that cold turkey as well. The first time I quit oxy, i felt physical withdrawal symptoms for about 7 days. The second time I quit oxy, i felt physical symptoms for about a week as well, however anxiety and insomnia lasted about 3 weeks. This time I used only 30 mg a day for about 4 months. However, I feel like this is the worst I have ever felt physically. I am on day 10 and I still have: Chills, Tearing eyes, abdominal cramps, anxiety, night sweats, no appetite, body aches and pain. I would say the worst symptoms to be chills, tearing eyes, abdominal cramps, and insomnia. Is this normal to still have eyes tearing at day 10 as well as body aches, extreme chills, and extreme stomach cramping/pain?

Its just weird because it feels like the physical symptoms are lasting the longest on this cold turkey quit, even though my dosage was the lowest I ever taken. Any thoughts? Please help. Should i go to a doctor or is this normal ? Thank you. I was taking the blue M30s.

Yes this is normal and well documented. Withdrawals get harder and harder each time you do them. Part of what sucks us back into addiction. I’ve personally experienced this with opiates too.

Thanks. I am on day 14 now. I am feeling each of the symptoms diminishing but still here somewhat. The good thing is my sleep and chills are getting better. Still have watery eyes and slight anxiety.