• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone, kratom, gabapentin

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I've only got a few oxys left because my surgeon is a fuckwad and only gave me 8. Recently had 3 major sinus surgeries all in the same day and have been in chronic pain the last 3 days. Septoplasty, polyps removal, maxillary astronomy. My nose is crusted SHUT with scabs and blood constantly goes down my throat.

So I ask about these drugs because I don't know if they interact in a way that makes any of them less effective. I've heard varying accounts but my brain is so scattered from blood loss, lack of sleep, pain, that I'd like to hear from someone who might know better.

I've heard Gabapentin can make oxycodone less potent, and I've also heard kratom competes with the same receptors and will also make oxy less effective. Or maybe it's oxy that makes kratom less effective? That would make more sense. But I wonder about the gabapentin mostly because I've heard a few things about it making oxy less effective, or at least hydrocodone (basically the same?) one such thread has a poster say

"It's also VERY important that you always take gabapentin AFTER you take the hydrocodone because if you take the gabapentin beforehand it can lower the bioavailability of the hydrocodone. But if you wait like a hour then take the gabapentin the hydrocodone will raise the bioavailability of the gabapentin by about 15%."

I don't really see how that makes sense but Idk, I just want to get the most out of the pain meds. I prefer kratom by a long shot to regular opiates as it feels cleaner and more natural, but kratom is basically useless being on an opiate at the moment. I'm sure it will be more useful after the splints come out and I get use of my nostrils back. This whole situation sucks ass. 8 5mg oxys was never going to get me through this, and I asked for a re-fill and they refused and said just take ibuprofen. Even though I'm taking a steroid.

Last time I did that, I got heartburn SEVERELY and needed to be on prilosec for a month just taking a few motrin. I was using famotidine too just in case, it didn't matter. Fuck this sucks. But the turnout should be good... SHOULD being keyword. This is not a very professional hospital. They didn't give me pre-op info until 2 days in advance with critical info regarding meds I shouldn't have been taking 1 week in advance (aspirin, I take enteric coated as it's the only NSAID that doesn't upset my stomach/cause heartburn).

Anyway, I can't imagine the kratom will really do anything at all with the oxy other than be overpowered by it, but I do wonder how or why gabapentin would prevent absorption of some of it. I've had kind of inconsistent results with the oxy and thought maybe this might be why, but I've usually taken the oxy several hours after the gabapentin, though gabapentin takes hours to kick in. These oxys are instant release too so don't last that long.

Also, sorry if this thread isn't in the right place. My brain is scattered from lack of sleep, pain, and loss of blood.