• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone - I don't feel it

wirkdy

Bluelighter
for pain relief I got pills made of of oxycodone 5mg and naloxone (to prevent constipation even though I'd prefer it wasn't there this component), doctor said 1 pill max 2, I felt nothing so I took another two after a couple of hours...I felt nothing, no pain relief and no nice calm opioid effect.

Did I take too little? do I have to increase or take it in a different form or way?

oxycodone 5mg and naloxone
Damn, I never heard of this compound. Just seems intuitive, IMO. Just off the top of my head I would guess these are issues with opiates and this naloxone. Am I wrong to think that nalox is an anti opioid?
Seems Imma have to do a bit of reading.

Last edited:
5 mgs of oxy is a pretty small dose. Even opioid naive people can take a 10 mg tablet and be fine. I have had both the 5 and 10 mg percocets and I started with 10 mgs. Mine didn't have the naloxone in them but technically that shouldn't matter. I mean 5 mgs of oxy is 5 mgs of oxy.

Have you ever taken prescription painkillers before? If not 10 mgs should have been effective. If you have a tolerance to anything like codeine, hydrocodone or even kratom you might need 15 mgs. Hope your pain goes away. Go easy with the pills and just see how you feel with the 10 mgs.

as I wrote I took 4 pills within 4 hours, felt nothing.
when I take tramadol/dexketoprofen 75/25 mg I can feel the effects even with one pill (I managed to take 4 alltogether) but with this oxycodone I didn't feel no effects even with 4 pills which are 20mg in all...maybe too light and need to increase the dose? do I have to crush the pills?
(when I tried h for pain relief I snort something like 60/80mg)

as I wrote I took 4 pills within 4 hours, felt nothing.
when I take tramadol/dexketoprofen 75/25 mg I can feel the effects even with one pill (I managed to take 4 alltogether) but with this oxycodone I didn't feel no effects even with 4 pills which are 20mg in all...maybe too light and need to increase the dose? do I have to crush the pills?
No, don't crush the pills. If you can't feel 20 mgs of oxy don't take anymore. Stick with the tramadol.

Honestly, I don't really feel much at all below 20mg of oxy. It can be fairly subtle at lower doses.

however, I am not encouraging you to take more

the naloxone is bottlenecking you most likely, you won't get very high no matter how many you take

I didn't know they made oxy/naloxone pills, but not surprised.

do you have an opiate habit? I remember taking 20mg snorted oxycodone (IR) and another 40mg oxycodone oral one hour later and feeling nothing (3g smoked heroin / day habit), maybe the pills were fake but I felt nothing at all (though my friend who had no opiate habit claimed to have gotten high as fuck from 60mg oral from the same batch)

so if you have a heroin habit or sth I can't imagine 4 pills (20mg total) as you describe doing anything at all, in fact I doubt 20mg oxycodone will have that much of an effect even on an opiate naive person but I might be talking bullshit on this one

but you also mention naloxone? did you maybe mean naltrexone? because I think naloxone is like an antidote for opiates, so then the naloxone could be killing oxy's effect? sounds like a weird combo

but you also mention naloxone? did you maybe mean naltrexone? because I think naloxone is like an antidote for opiates, so then the naloxone could be killing oxy's effect? sounds like a weird combo
It does kill it, it's is an opioid antagonist, It's narcan. It's added as an abuse deterrant

"Naloxone and oxycodone is a combination medicine used for around-the-clock treatment of severe pain that is not controlled by other medicines. . Naloxone is included in this medicine to prevent the misuse of the narcotic ingredient"

naloxone will prevent any sort of rush or come up, it will basically cancel out the oxy for 2 hours, then @wirkdy might get a buzz later on after 3 hours

naloxone half life is 60-90 minutes
oxycodone half life is 3-5 hours

OP just needs to wait it out, and taking more won't add anything, if you take more after 2 hours you get more narcan and it kills your high again

you really can't abuse these pills, it's virtually impossible unless you could take the narcan out

Last edited:
It does kill it, it's is an opioid antagonist, It's narcan. It's added as an abuse deterrant

"Naloxone and oxycodone is a combination medicine used for around-the-clock treatment of severe pain that is not controlled by other medicines. . Naloxone is included in this medicine to prevent the misuse of the narcotic ingredient"

naloxone will prevent any sort of rush or come up, it will basically cancel out the oxy for 2 hours, then @wirkdy might get a buzz later on after 3 hours

naloxone half life is 60-90 minutes
oxycodone half life is 3-5 hours

OP just needs to wait it out, and taking more won't add anything, if you take more after 2 hours you get more narcan and it kills your high again

you really can't abuse these pills, it's virtually impossible unless you could take the narcan out
gotcha, that's quite smart actually I guess, as long as the point is to control pain and not to get high hehe

but at the same time, won't the naloxone prevent the pain-killer effects as well? so the pain-killing effect will also start 3 hours together with the buzz right? or naloxone actually suppresses only the high and not the pain killing effect?

gotcha, that's quite smart actually I guess, as long as the point is to control pain and not to get high hehe
yeah, they have tried various anti-abuse features in pills for decades now

bitterants, gelling agents, etc... none of them ever worked, people still easily got high

so then they added naloxone... and it's really too effective... because it also lessens effects on people who are truly in pain and aren't abusing them. It works TOO well, kinda sad :(

yeah, they have tried various anti-abuse features in pills for decades now

bitterants, gelling agents, etc... none of them ever worked, people still easily got high

so then they added naloxone... and it's really too effective... because it also lessens effects on people who are truly in pain and aren't abusing them. It works TOO well, kinda sad :(
yeah that sucks, I am really sensitive to physical pain, in fact my friends get surprised at how I am able to feel physical pain despite using heroin, so I don't even wanna think how horrible it must be to suffer from cancer and not be given adequate pain medication

You took 4 pills of Oxy5mg and felt nothing ….???

Go to your doc and tell him to shove that crap up his arse lol, that crap they add is so it can’t be abused or injected…if so, the opioid antagonist takes effect and blocks the euphoric rush ….constipation my ass

Oxy-IR 5mg is what you need

When I was opioid nieve 2 Oxy would have me feeling Niiiice with a dash of euphoric relaxation & happiness

Naloxone is what they inject into an o.d. person to revive them….it’s an mu receptor antagonist ….it displaces an mu agonist (Oxy/H/morph) from its binding sites

What you need is pure Oxycodone 5mg tablets ….2 will do the job, 4 might be too much (if opioid nieve)