• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone: How long does it take to develop Physical Addiction?

Calipo

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

I am wondering, with Oxycodone, how long does it take to develop physical addiction that will produce withdrawals?

1 week? 1 Month?

Also, are there degrees of physical addiction that can produce withdrawals, such as if you have only been using daily for a week, would the withdrawals be as bad as if you had been using daily for a month, or are there more pronounced withdrawals at different time frames in regard to daily use?

I'd say that whenever you feel a tolerance, you will have noticeable withdrawals.

That said, you're going to feel a comedown on your very first dose.

There will be more pronounced withdrawals if you have been using for a longer time, yes.

Do you think that a week (7days) of use will create withdrawals, and if so, in your opinion would they be minor or full fledged?

A week is enough to produce minor W/D. TO minimize this you can go every other day or two on and two off. But if you dose 3x day for a week you will probably experience mild W/D. But everyone is different.

I'm not sure about oxycodone.
But I know personally I noticed small withdraw symptoms, like restless legs and inability to fall asleep after just 2 days of usage of hydrocodone.

Update on this.

I used Oxy for around 2 weeks with a day off here or there 100mg a day and I'm now on the 4th day without using it.

Symptoms;

Insomnia
Restlessness
Minor body aches
Stomach Problems
Hot and cold
Dizzy
Intense Malaise and Lethargy
Depressed Mood
Short breath

All symptoms are mild compared to what I know some people go through, but still enough to disrupt your day and your life

Hopefully these symptoms will be clear in a weeks time

You'll probably be through it in no time. Withdrawal and addiction in general can become more hectic each time someone re-visits opioids though, so try to steer clear of them if you can.

I remember reading this book of Kurt Cobain's journal entries. There was one entry where he mentions opioids being deceptively easy to walk away from the first time, which paradoxically makes it seem like it's not such a big deal to go back to them.