• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone high dosage?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
So I have never done drugs, smoked, or drank any amount of alcohol, or caffeine. I recently had some excruciating back pain that landed me in the ER where they preceded to give me Morphine, a few muscle relaxers, a Percocet, and Vicodin. All of which brought me from a 10 to a 4. I obviously have a high tolerance to opiates. I got 12 pills of Oxycodone 5mg (small round white tablet with 05|52 printed on one side) and took 2 of those to see how much it would effect me. After an hour and a half, I felt a little bit of the slow dizzy euphoria but that went away after only 20 minutes...

So my question is, how much can/should I take to get a good dizzy/drowsy response from it? I'm 6'0", 213lbs, so I think that also contributes to my resistance to getting high. I really want to know because I don't plan on using it repeatedly. If that back pain comes again, I am NOT waiting for hours until I finally get to the ER for morphine, that was honestly the worst pain in my life. They thought I had severe kidney stones, but it was just the longest and worst back spasm ever. If it happens again, I want to know exactly how much Oxycodone I'll need to get a GOOD high off to keep me away from that unbearable pain.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try massage and physical therapy to make sure it never happens again. I literally puked twice from the pain and almost passed out, and I have a pretty high pain tolerance. Terrible terrible terrible. So that's why I'm so concerned about it happening and having to wait for the ER. Any help is greatly appreciated, I don't want to take too little and deal with excruciating pain, or too much and deal with overdose. And remember, like I said, 2 pills got me almost nothing until an hour and a half in, and even then the change was minimal. I'm not concerned about raising my resistance that much, cause I don't do drugs or intend on doing it again if I can help it. I just cannot deal with that pain again.

if you could feel 10mg you still have a pretty low tolerance. I'd say you should try to take 5 for a nice couple of hours filled with euphoria. 25mg oxycodone is nowhere near where you should be worried about overdose etc... First time i did Oxys i took 25mg and it was absolute bliss for 4 hours. Good luck.

OP can you clarify whether you’re looking for strictly analgesia/pain-relief, or a recreational effect? Your post seems to indicate both.

Thanks Shartito, both would be the answer because how bad that pain was, if I don't go straight for a high dose where I'd be feeling those effects, it will NOT help with that pain. At the ER I was on morphine and several other things and it still took 2 hours before I was down from a 10 to a 5. So essentially pain relief would be the same as taking enough to get euphoria. I don't want to be sitting around the hospital throwing up from pain again while they ask me dumb questions when I clearly cannot talk. It took forever to get that pain down, so I'm looking for a dose that hopefully won't make me too high and pass out but high enough that I can definitely feel it. I kind of felt a little bit for 10-20 minutes with 10mg, so that's my starting point.

Also, 25mg kind of seems like a lot. I'm not sure a jump like that is safe? Can't it run a risk of slowing your breathing or making you pass out? I don't want to overdo it, but I appreciate the comments and feedback so far. I'm just as much concerned about opiate abuse as I am concerned about the potential pain coming back, so I need to find a good balance.

I was thinking of maybe testing it out to see how I react once so that I know for sure it's a good amount for when it does happen (or if, I hope). Hopefully I'll never have to use it again but that pain was killer.

I would try 2 again, for 10mg total, the next time you feel you need pain relief. That’s a good therapeutic dose of a very strong painkiller, especially for someone without tolerance.

Perhaps that first dose was a fluke somehow... I can’t really explain what happened there.. that should have helped with your pain, with both a quicker onset and longer duration.

So yeah, my advice would be to eat 2, and if you’re still in intense pain after 45 minutes or so, eat another one. I wouldn’t go above 15mg. At that point you’re not going to notice any increase in analgesia, but may experience more drowsiness and possibly nausea. Again, this is some very strong shit for those without a tolerance.

Also it’s important to know that your pain won’t completely disappear. It will absolutely still be there. The oxy will lower the intensity and make it manageable.

If you have no tolerance 25mg shouldn’t be necessary, it probably won’t do you harm but it’s kind of a waste of pills and an unnecessary way to raise your tolerance. Before you go into searing pain try 10mg if that doesn’t cut it jump to 20mg but starting at 25mg might just make you feel ill. Dosing opiates high is a good way to induce bad nausea.

Start with 10mg, wait 90min and maybe take another 5mg or 10mg. No need to exceed 20mg with no tolerance. Be safe

Thanks guys for all the awesome responses. I did try 15mg, it seems to do its job at that point. I also have some Tylenol 3 pills. If I took 15mg of Oxycodone IR pills and some Tylenol 3 (has Codeine 30mg and 300mg of Tylenol) would it increase the Euphoria or anything? How much of each would I take? Taking Tylenol 3 alone does nothing, but I didn't want to waste the pills, so maybe I can find a way to incorporate them in with the Oxycodone to get rid of both as the pain comes. Any thoughts?

You guys have all been really nice and helpful. I never thought a forum for drug users would be so inclusive and nice to newbies like me. That means a lot, so thanks for all the help so far. You guys are cool

Oh yeah, and I have Ibuprofen 800mg, tons of those that I don't use cause alone they do nothing and my liver probably would do best without consistent use. But could they somehow compliment the oxycodone or Tylenol 3 to give a better Euphoria? If I'm getting pain relief, I might as well enjoy it too, right? (Or maybe that's bad, I don't know. That's why I'm here asking you guys)

Strictly from a pain management standpoint, you could add a couple of those Tylenol 3's to the mix. You'd be getting the commonly prescribed effect of mixing the Oxy and Tylenol (like a Percocet, if you've heard of those) and a little Codeine cherry on top. The codeine isn't going to do much with the oxy in play, and as long as you keep the oxy to <=15mg, it's safe. The codeine is pretty weak, relatively speaking.

Honestly, I would take the oxy and ibuprofen (or regular tylenol, 300 mg or so) - that will give you a solid pain-killing dose. Save the Tylenol 3's for a rainy day.