• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone HCL 15mg AUROBINDO Pharma U23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha000

Greenlighter
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay-Semibold]My pharmacy (BIG Y) has been switching prescription generics between 15 mg oxycodone HCL tablets for more than a year now. It is not unusual for me to get a new generic every time I fill my prescription and in many instances they will give me two different forms of the generic for one prescription because they switch so often. They have now put me on AUROBINDO which does not work at all for my chronic pain and if that wasn't bad enough they also provide counterfeit information in the form of paperwork claiming that the drug I have been given is actually manufactured by Mallinkrodt. I have pictures of the label as well as documentation from the FDA that claims my prescription is from a manufacturer that it is not from. The other concern I have is that I spoke with my pharmacist about this and was told that I would be given the generic that had worked for me the best in the past and today when I went to get it the same generic but I've been getting that does not work with what they provide me with I raised the issue and was told that there was no evidence of the conversation I had with my pharmacist about this change and manufacturers and nothing could be done about it. The only thing they did was tell me to call the pharmacy when my regular pharmacist returns from his vacation which is of no help to me now. What can I do to make sure they change their practices and ensure that this will no longer happen as I will have invasive spinal surgery coming up and cannot risk this happening yet again. I can't afford to be in even more pain and be given the run around when I fill it in two weeks. Is there a consumer watchdog organization I can report this abuse to along with the FDA? And if so please provide the name. Also I would like to hear what others think about the medication I am being prescribed compared to other generics and if by chance my pharmacy says they cannot order from the generic I prefer what would be the next best alternative and your views thank you so much.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay-Semibold][/FONT][/FONT]

I'm not in the US so I maybe wrong, but in the UK/Europe it's pretty common for generics company's to not produce their own meds and to buy them off other manufacturers. Obviously I can't say for sure but it doesn't mean that your pharmacy is doing something illegal, a legitimate pharmacy would have alot to lose doing that, counterfeit pills generally come from oraganised criminals and are unlikely to end up in the legit supply. Like I said I've no way of knowing, but it's unlikely.

I've been hearing the same about U23 , it's a big problem , became there's a big difference. And I'm afraid it's only gonna get worse

I would advise the OP to use a different pharmacy if he finds the current one is not satisfactory. We discourage topics like this as speculating about subjective differences in brand vs generic medication is not productive. I'm going to go ahead and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.