• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone & Food

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I know this is more of a personal thing but I metabolize rapidly and am having issues substantiating my dose to help significantly with my pain. I have been avoiding eating altogether until after my last dose to get the most relief but I do find if I eat fast food like a cheeseburger it actually seems to make it last longer?

10mg IR 4x a day and I have gotten amazing advice from you guys on making the pain relief last. I am not seeking any sedation or high, but am wondering how people who take Oxy for pain balance it with eating? Does it help the same if taken with food? I found that my Klonopin took much longer to kick in after a meal so applied that logic to Oxy but I really am just grasping at straws now trying to make 10mg dull the ache for more than 2 hours. Thanks in advance guys

I used to think that it's better on an empty stomach, but after eating more on it, especially fatty meals, I always felt much better.

It's a very bad idea not to eat until your last dose, you'll ruin your stomach.

I used to think that it's better on an empty stomach, but after eating more on it, especially fatty meals, I always felt much better.

It's a very bad idea not to eat until your last dose, you'll ruin your stomach.

That has been my fear man. I take my anti-depressant, anti-anxiety and pain medication all on an empty stomach. Thank you for your fast response man! Do you think it makes more sense to take my first dose, wait for the onset, and then eat something like bacon and eggs or would it work better to eat before the dose? Thanks again my friend. Always around to help when I need it!

I usually eat after, but in like 2 hours. Like, I wake up, in max 5 mins I take my dose because I usually wake up in w/d and in 2 hours I try to eat, for me a small meal at first and after that I have more complete meals.

I used to think the same thing with not eating, until everytime when I ate I had some rushes and the whole feeling amplified, or in some cases returned. I know that most of the serotonin is found in the GI tract, may be a link to that, I can't give my word on that tho. anyway eating won't reduce the effects, it's really a necessity. sometimes maybe it gives the impression that not eating is making the feeling stronger because of you not having much energy and misinterpreting it

There may some merit in taking the drugs on an empty stomach, as absorption tends to be more rapid, and soda drinks, carbonated water, and the like help with it. The optimum, however, and something which reduces the chance of ruining your stomach is to take the oxycodone 20-35 minutes before eating, with foods with fats in them being the best -- the food absorbs the drug and should last longer, and the rush of blood to one's stomach will also allow the oxycodone to rapidly build to therapeutic levels, and if you have pain already in progress, I think an important concept in pain management is the brisance or shattering power of the narcotic . . . having a fairly steep initial concentration curve seems to be a part of this and why some narcotics and routes of administration do this better . . . I think that oxycodone is near the top of that list, after nicomorphine, hydromorphone, diamorphine, oxymorphone, dextromoramide, and desomorphine, and followed by ketobemidone, diacetyldihydromorphine, dihydromorphine, dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, piritramide, dipipanone, phenadoxone, morphine, codeine . . . all the rest are in different parts of that continuum . . . fentanyl is an apples and origins thing -- it is a morphinimimetic general anaesthetic. The 4-diphenylpiperidines are scattered near the top and middle of the list, as are levorphanol and butorphanol . . buprenorphine is high up the list, with enough lipid solubility to be used via the SC route; butorphanal, fentanils, oxymorphone are also used intranasally for much the same reason.

Last edited:
Isnt even mentioning a drug sourcing, by very definition of sourcing the word from brain to mouth, if not I am fucking lost?