• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Effects

JohnnyGG

Greenlighter
I,'ve been prescribed oxycodone 10mg. I have been taking them off and on, some days I take them others I don't. Last few days I've been feeling bouts of nausea. Also I notice about 2 and half hours or so after taking it, I feel kinda weak, nauseous, and like a cool sensation on my head mainly back of neck, almost like I'm sweating and cool air hits it, however there is no sweat. Seems like I always feel crappy about 2 and a half hours after taking. Also I feel a dizziness type feeling also, not the room spinning type dizziness but more in my head.
When I was in hospital I was getting 1mg of daludid by iv. Also then I noticed just after 2hrs I would feel the same cool sensation and kinda crappy with bouts of dizziness. Any ideal why this is happening? Also is it safe to take another dose like an hour Early? I'm taking 10 mg oxycodone pure, every 4 to 6 hrs. Thanks. Ps prior to this last month I had never taken pain pills.

Hi and welcome to Bluelight. I've never felt this cool neck thing you mentioned. Nausea and dizziness are common side effects of oxycodone. Sounds like this crappy feeling you're getting could be when the medication fully takes effect. You might need some time to get acclimated to it. Try taking your oxy with some food in your stomach and that can help with those symptoms. Taking another dose an hour early may increase your side effects but if you feel that you need it, I don't think it would hurt. Talk with your doctor and he may want to make some adjustments to your regimen.

This is interesting and admittedly, I don't have a ton of experience in dealing with this. It's not typical to experience these sensations in the timeframe that you've given us. It's kind of a mystery, but I just wanted to write that I'm gonna be trying to research it and hopefully I can get back to you with some more useful information.

Did the Opioids always make you feel this way or is this a phenomenon that just started spontaneously?

These symptoms have just started after taking these opiates. Also like I just ate cause I haven't had an appitie as soon as I ate I started feeling real nauseous. I started sweating a little, I have managed to keep it down. It was exactly 4hours after last dose. Just ever sense I started these pills, I've been feeling kinda I'll. My main symptoms are weakness type feeling, bouts of nausea, skin sensations, some dizziness, kinda a shakey sick feeling, like if feel after drinking all night the next day. Prior to this last month, I've never taken opiates. So I've only been on the daludid 1mg iv when I was in hospital for about 15 days, then they gave me these oxycodone 10mg when I got released. Seems like 40 to an hour after I take one I feel good, around 2hrs in or longer is when I start feeling bad.

These sound like the sort of side effects I had when I first took hydro with no prior experience (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away). Some people are more sensitive to the effects of opioids than others. I would try cutting the dose down, maybe try 5 mg twice a day, or 5 mg three times a day if the pain requires it, rather than 10 mg at once.

These sound like the sort of side effects I had when I first took hydro with no prior experience (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away). Some people are more sensitive to the effects of opioids than others. I would try cutting the dose down, maybe try 5 mg twice a day, or 5 mg three times a day if the pain requires it, rather than 10 mg at once.

I'm agreeing with this. I had similar feeling many years ago when I was first prescribed vicodin (norco). I actually shelved half the script because of it and then later gave them away. Current me can't believe I'd ever do such a thing. I didn't have a "taste" for opiates when I first used them. I had to have my life crushed quite a bit more over half a decade or so when I found them again as a conceivable panacea.

Definitely use them strictly for pain control, which is what I'd believe them to be for if you were on an IV dilaudid regimen for 15 days in a hospital. If you truly need them for short term debilitating pain, your doc can prescribe some zofran or something of the like to help with the nausea. The lethargy just comes with opiate territory more often than not. Once a bit of a habit starts, they begin to feel "energizing" unless you're shooting for nod territory. Some feel that way from day one.