• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids [Oxycodone] Dosing In The Daytime vs. Night

soapdropper

Bluelighter
Hello, I have been taking the pain medication Roxycodone IR 5mg for pain related issues I've developed due to my crohn's disease. I limit my dose to 10mg and take them orally every other day, but I've taken them several different ways. I tried with food, without food, with potentiators, in the morning, afternoon & before bedtime. With all my trails I've prefer taking them without food & without potentiators for just the pure oxycodone feeling it provides.

One thing I've been struggling with is the difference I feel when I take it in the morning versus when I take it before bedtime. I don't know if it has to do with sleep but I've found that some mornings doses are more effective than others but sometimes a night time dose is more effective than a morning dose. Does anyone else have a hard time deciding what time of day is the best time to dose for your drug of choice?

I've been thinking about this for some time but still can't figure out the time of day I want to dose. It feels like a gamble at times and I don't know why it feels this way when I always take them orally, without food, and without potentiators every time. I'm currently on a week break (currently day 5) but when I start dosing again in a few days I'm uncertain when I want to take them. Please let me know if you have had any experience's related to the time of day and the effects it's had on the drug you are taking, Thanks for reading!

Talk about a problem I'd like to have. The only issue that I can remember is that oxycodone seems to be able to produce insomnia which would either be a good thing or bad thing depending on if you have to go to work tomorrow.