• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone dopamine depletion ?

Adrianm12

Bluelighter
Hey all I have a question I have been dosing 1-2 times daily oxy, which I’ve decreased in last week to once daily to achieve a better high each day which has worked greatly! For some reason I see everywhere thag peope say the more you use the more you need to up your dose for the same effect, my regular dose is 20-30mg, I’ve attempted upping to 40,60,80mg and each of those doses not only weren’t stronger but they didn’t provide any high at all. Is the weakness of my highs due to dopamine depletion? (Need more days, rest, nutrition and excersice between doses?). Because I did notice a strengthen in my high when going from 2x a day to 1x Thankyou all !

Please do not take higher doses to see how high you can get. Like... in general ever. People wonder how anyone overdoses from oxycodone because it's so measurable in milligrams. Never forget that painkillers have killed more people than wars and outnumber COVID and car crashes. It's not worth finding your ceiling. Prolly being a funsucker here but you've got to really have confidence in your tolerance for it. You'll come to learn how precious the feeling is. It's better to salvage it than one power-go anyway imo.

There is a sweetspot for opioids personally. For instance... 30 milligrams is the sweetspot for me. It get's me comfortably euphoric. I'd still accept the lower doses (for free though). ;) The higher doses like 60-100 milligrams can almost result in dysphoria for me. The euphoria diminishes and it's actually a really negative experience where I have shallow breathing and paranoia. Some people don't seem to have a similar ceiling effect and constantly chase nods. There is no euphoria for me risking my life however. One reason I love opioids is because they don't make me intoxicated like booze and I can roam around like a normal person and pretend that I am not an addict. Higher doses make it difficult to not look stoned as hell around people (who would shame me).

It seems like you are developing a tolerance but I'd like to know how long you have been using for as well. This is the part where many people graduate to heroin only to find out that after a certain point getting higher is not the answer (and it's too late to turn back). You can purposefully put yourself through withdrawal. It's not ideal and it will be a miserable time but the magic does come back a bit. I HIGHLY suggest you do not keep trying to take more to achieve the same effect for a good number of reasons I won't bother listing in this post. I do know someone who deliberately throws themselves into withdrawal two days a week. At first when this person said this I did not understand why anyone on earth would do that.. but now it makes so much sense lol. This experience that you are having did happen to me actually too. It will go away here and there. Tolerance isn't simply explained by doses and timeline of use.. sometimes your body is hit harder by 10 milligrams of opioids than 40 milligrams. Not the most reliable buzz in the world just saying. It changes so frequently and that cannot be explained unless you calculated your metabolism in some way with advanced science teehee. Stick to lower doses for as long as you possibly can in my opinion. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Yeah the first dose of the day is always the best . Empty stomach helps as well . I was always able to keep tolerance down because we could only afford a certain amount every week so almost every week I had a day or two with barely any .. Also taking your dose with Tylenol or Aleve always gave my normal dose a little boost . Our guy lost his script so we quit and I just do Kratom now. I miss those little orange OxyContin 40’s so much 🥴.

Yeah the first dose of the day is always the best . Empty stomach helps as well . I was always able to keep tolerance down because we could only afford a certain amount every week so almost every week I had a day or two with barely any .. Also taking your dose with Tylenol or Aleve always gave my normal dose a little boost . Our guy lost his script so we quit and I just do Kratom now. I miss those little orange OxyContin 40’s so much 🥴.

It truly does suck :/ But to be honest things like this do happen. In the long run you'll probably be a bit happier that you've gotten off it because with unlimited access it's close to impossible :oops: There's never much incentive to quit. Most people have to be forced to and I've never struggled so severely quitting anything until this. It's probably for the best lol

Im
Please do not take higher doses to see how high you can get. Like... in general ever. People wonder how anyone overdoses from oxycodone because it's so measurable in milligrams. Never forget that painkillers have killed more people than wars and outnumber COVID and car crashes. It's not worth finding your ceiling. Prolly being a funsucker here but you've got to really have confidence in your tolerance for it. You'll come to learn how precious the feeling is. It's better to salvage it than one power-go anyway imo.

There is a sweetspot for opioids personally. For instance... 30 milligrams is the sweetspot for me. It get's me comfortably euphoric. I'd still accept the lower doses (for free though). ;) The higher doses like 60-100 milligrams can almost result in dysphoria for me. The euphoria diminishes and it's actually a really negative experience where I have shallow breathing and paranoia. Some people don't seem to have a similar ceiling effect and constantly chase nods. There is no euphoria for me risking my life however. One reason I love opioids is because they don't make me intoxicated like booze and I can roam around like a normal person and pretend that I am not an addict. Higher doses make it difficult to not look stoned as hell around people (who would shame me).

It seems like you are developing a tolerance but I'd like to know how long you have been using for as well. This is the part where many people graduate to heroin only to find out that after a certain point getting higher is not the answer (and it's too late to turn back). You can purposefully put yourself through withdrawal. It's not ideal and it will be a miserable time but the magic does come back a bit. I HIGHLY suggest you do not keep trying to take more to achieve the same effect for a good number of reasons I won't bother listing in this post. I do know someone who deliberately throws themselves into withdrawal two days a week. At first when this person said this I did not understand why anyone on earth would do that.. but now it makes so much sense lol. This experience that you are having did happen to me actually too. It will go away here and there. Tolerance isn't simply explained by doses and timeline of use.. sometimes your body is hit harder by 10 milligrams of opioids than 40 milligrams. Not the most reliable buzz in the world just saying. It changes so frequently and that cannot be explained unless you calculated your metabolism in some way with advanced science teehee. Stick to lower doses for as long as you possibly can in my opinion. Stay safe.
I’m not exactly new to opiates I’ve been a user on and off for 3-4 years, I know pretty much everything there is to know about them but this one question was one thing I could never wrap my head around. I only triedd
The higher doses because on forums everyone is suggesting that “once the feeling dulls you require higher doses for the same effect”, which I have found to be bullshit pretty much exactly like you stated if I dose higher I have zero euphoria and only negative side effects. I recently just got off a buprenorphine patch which I was on for 4 months so I knew going upto 60-80 wasn’t dangerous for myself but thank you for the concern and advice! I’m finding the longer I space between doses now I get a better high, as apposed to “upping the dose” like is recommended everywhere. Tomorrow night I’m hanging with some friends are we are going to do oxy, I dosed this morning at 10:30 am (Friday), tomorrow at 6:00pm Saturday I will be dosing again which is about 8 or so hours longer stretch then my normal space, I am also trying to dose tyrosine 2x per day, eat healthy, supplementing fish oil magnesium multi vitamin vit d and c, and lastly excersice 2x a day until then to see if this can give me better results. Do you have any input on this ? I’m basically trying to replenish dopamine in the 30 or so hour space between doses, and also what space between doses do you require to achieve a fulfilling buzz? Thankyou

I always dose on empty stomach! I usually leave 12-24 hours between dosing but this time I’m going for 30 hours with excersice inbetween good diet and supplementation +tyrosine to see if it benefits me. I’ve heard of Tylenol potentiating oxy before but I assumed it was only the pain killing effect, I couldn’t pin my head around how it would increase euphoria, do you have any info on that? Thankyou

Im

I’m not exactly new to opiates I’ve been a user on and off for 3-4 years, I know pretty much everything there is to know about them but this one question was one thing I could never wrap my head around. I only triedd
The higher doses because on forums everyone is suggesting that “once the feeling dulls you require higher doses for the same effect”, which I have found to be bullshit pretty much exactly like you stated if I dose higher I have zero euphoria and only negative side effects. I recently just got off a buprenorphine patch which I was on for 4 months so I knew going upto 60-80 wasn’t dangerous for myself but thank you for the concern and advice! I’m finding the longer I space between doses now I get a better high, as apposed to “upping the dose” like is recommended everywhere. Tomorrow night I’m hanging with some friends are we are going to do oxy, I dosed this morning at 10:30 am (Friday), tomorrow at 6:00pm Saturday I will be dosing again which is about 8 or so hours longer stretch then my normal space, I am also trying to dose tyrosine 2x per day, eat healthy, supplementing fish oil magnesium multi vitamin vit d and c, and lastly excersice 2x a day until then to see if this can give me better results. Do you have any input on this ? I’m basically trying to replenish dopamine in the 30 or so hour space between doses, and also what space between doses do you require to achieve a fulfilling buzz? Thankyou

Haha ok. I just wanted to make sure you weren't a new user and experimenting with doses to see what would happen. Because nobody on 20 milligrams for 3 weeks should suddenly start taking 80 milligrams out of the blue imo.

I've just learned that the buzz changes periodically. One week I'll find what everyone says is true: "The feeling only makes you feel sober and fends off withdrawal." And then I'd be like alright... maybe I've just finally reached that point. The next morning I'll awake to my usual dose and be blown away with euphoria (from the exact same dose and literally the same pills). I couldn't find any way to describe it other than this--opiates belong to an extremely complicated class of drugs. They affect many different systems of the body. The buzz is just simply not the same on a regular basis as some days 10 milligrams would feel stronger than 40. It'll never totally be what we want it to be. You can try taking supplements or change your lifestyle to make them hit harder. It'll come and go either way from my experience. I noticed this for weed and other substances too, actually. Tolerance raises and lowers in unexplainable ways. It's not just history of use and dose... there's much more too it than that and I can't explain why honestly. If you stuck to the same doses and did not change anything about yourself, it'll probably come back on its own. It's a cycle.

Haha ok. I just wanted to make sure you weren't a new user and experimenting with doses to see what would happen. Because nobody on 20 milligrams for 3 weeks should suddenly start taking 80 milligrams out of the blue imo.

I've just learned that the buzz changes periodically. One week I'll find what everyone says is true: "The feeling only makes you feel sober and fends off withdrawal." And then I'd be like alright... maybe I've just finally reached that point. The next morning I'll awake to my usual dose and be blown away with euphoria (from the exact same dose and literally the same pills). I couldn't find any way to describe it other than this--opiates belong to an extremely complicated class of drugs. They affect many different systems of the body. The buzz is just simply not the same on a regular basis as some days 10 milligrams would feel stronger than 40. It'll never totally be what we want it to be. You can try taking supplements or change your lifestyle to make them hit harder. It'll come and go either way from my experience. I noticed this for weed and other substances too, actually. Tolerance raises and lowers in unexplainable ways. It's not just history of use and dose... there's much more too it than that and I can't explain why honestly. If you stuck to the same doses and did not change anything about yourself, it'll probably come back on its own. It's a cycle.
Thanks heaps for the in depth replies, how often can you dose and still achieve a nice satisfying high ? I find anytning within the same 24 hour period is more just a mood boost

Thanks heaps for the in depth replies, how often can you dose and still achieve a nice satisfying high ? I find anytning within the same 24 hour period is more just a mood boost

I don't do oxy daily anymore like I used to (miss it and I don't miss it). Towards the end i was just constantly dosing and it was getting to be too much.. once you're redosing 5+ times a day it still feels really good but there's something about doing that just makes you feel horrible simultaneously... I really can't put it into words over a forum. I think if you can stick to dosing twice a day you will like yourself better and enjoy the opiates more (if you're already doing it on a regular basis). You're opening a portal that you might never close once you just say "screw it" and try to stay perpetually high the entire day. Oxycodone is notoriously coveted but also short lasting in effects. This makes it dangerous in behavior. Honestly towards the end it really only took me 20-30 milligrams to feel normal throughout the entire day. However, I was probably dosing 30 milligrams 4 times a day. Couldn't stop myself. The question you're asking is something only you can find out. You'd be way better off if you only did dropped oxy 2-3 times a week but everyone thinks they can have the discipline for that only to find out that only 5% of people can maintain that lol. Never cared much about sex but you will definitely lose your sex drive doing it on a regular basis and especially at the higher doses. I was totally asexual at the end. I'm in a relationship with someone right now and I want to get married and it's just not fair for me to return to my old habits :/

I seem to be different then everyone else with effects if I dose more the once in 24 hours I don’t feel much and even when I wait 24 hours it still doesn’t blow me away. I’ve tried 3 times a day dosing with oxy and Kratom in past to be really disappointed, I mean literally no effect, the first dose of the morning after a good sleep I would get a tickle but that’s it ! Before I was on that bupe patch, my last weekend with oxy I consumed one packet of 20x5mg oxy, and another one of 28x 10mg slow release all within a weekend, and did not feel I single touch of euphoria ! I’ve long struggled on and off with oxy where I need it daily but discovering that it really doesn’t work if I dose daily is a game changer for me I’ve magically with barely any struggle been able to stretch the 12 hour space between doses into days now, I can’t justify anymore then that if I can’t get high dosing sooner. But either way I am jumping back on the bupe patch I have to except that it’s not normal and a cheat to feel that good every few days and it probably isn’t probable that I will maintain that days spacing for a long time id eventually crumble no doubt about it

No, this has nothing to do with dose depletion. It has primarily to do with tolerance (ie the tolerance to the negative effects provides a bettter experience to some.

secondary factors are changes in use pattern. There's well-established literature that you can OD by using in a new place. I extrapolate that to mean your enjoyment is largely a function of how novel the experience is.

finally, I’ve hit “walls” with oxy, h, and fent use where I keep shooting and I don’t feel anything more. Literally nothing but an increased duration of action. However that was typically when really strung out

Tha
No, this has nothing to do with dose depletion. It has primarily to do with tolerance (ie the tolerance to the negative effects provides a bettter experience to some.

secondary factors are changes in use pattern. There's well-established literature that you can OD by using in a new place. I extrapolate that to mean your enjoyment is largely a function of how novel the experience is.

finally, I’ve hit “walls” with oxy, h, and fent use where I keep shooting and I don’t feel anything more. Literally nothing but an increased duration of action. However that was typically when really strung out
that is what I’ve always thought, but increasing the dose does nothing, and if I dose more then once a day I feel notning on the second dose, even if it’s increased I’m not sure why

Tha

that is what I’ve always thought, but increasing the dose does nothing, and if I dose more then once a day I feel notning on the second dose, even if it’s increased I’m not sure why

OMG wait....

Were you on bupe and then waited one or two days before touching oxycodone again? This seems too simple to explain it and I'm probably wrong--but bupe has a blocking mechanism that remains active for a couple of days to a week after cessation. So for instance.. the first time I tried subutex I could not feel percocet for literally 5 days after I took my last sub. Even then it's still diminished greatly even you do feel it again. Could the effects just temporarily really be diminished from the sub? Or did you say that the first dose of oxy feels really good and then not again at all for the remaining 24 hours?

OMG wait....

Were you on bupe and then waited one or two days before touching oxycodone again? This seems too simple to explain it and I'm probably wrong--but bupe has a blocking mechanism that remains active for a couple of days to a week after cessation. So for instance.. the first time I tried subutex I could not feel percocet for literally 5 days after I took my last sub. Even then it's still diminished greatly even you do feel it again. Could the effects just temporarily really be diminished from the sub? Or did you say that the first dose of oxy feels really good and then not again at all for the remaining 24 hours?
Nah didn’t touch anytning until maybe 3 weeks after stopping my bupe patch, I got off it probably 2-3 months from now

Nah didn’t touch anytning until maybe 3 weeks after stopping my bupe patch, I got off it probably 2-3 months from now

Ah ok. I'm sure there's a scientific way to explain it but all I can say is that the buzz is so wildly inconsistent. It's not the best when it comes to recreational use in that regard. Just try to space out your use if possible so you can avoid withdrawals and the high will be much better :)

Good ole oxy.