• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone dont work anymore & possible suicide attempt

evo4ever

Bluelighter
I dont know what to do but my current prescription of Oxycodone 20mg IR dont work for pain anymore. My dosage has been escalating since last year and my doctor said im on the maximum dose. If my pain cant to adequately managed ill never be able to work again, if so ill have to tell the doctor to sign me off for the rest of my life. I dont know what to do. I've got an appointment with my GP tomorrow and I dont know what to say to him. A few months ago he said the next step is anaesthesia. What is anaesthesia? What drugs do they involve? Cheers.

PS: I'm taking Clonazepam to help keep my mind off the pain. I know I shouldn't mix opioids and benzos, but at the moment in time I really dont care where my life goes. As the depression from the pain is so bad!

Are you just taking 20 MG a day or more?
I'm not sure what he means with anesthesia, but there are various things that can be done,depending on the cause of the pain.
1. Switching to a more potent opioid
2. Taking an antidepressant along with the oxycodone can increase analgesia and helps with the depression caused by the pain
3. Ketamine infusion to decrease tolerance and help with the pain
4. And in the worst case there are some invasive methods like local anesthesia (maybe that's what your doctor meant?) spinal cord stimulation and ganglionic blocker

Are you just taking 20 MG a day or more?
I'm not sure what he means with anesthesia, but there are various things that can be done,depending on the cause of the pain.
1. Switching to a more potent opioid
2. Taking an antidepressant along with the oxycodone can increase analgesia and helps with the depression caused by the pain
3. Ketamine infusion to decrease tolerance and help with the pain
4. And in the worst case there are some invasive methods like local anesthesia (maybe that's what your doctor meant?) spinal cord stimulation and ganglionic blocker

im on 80mg daily. and i think he means the invasive way. which ill definitely not be opting for

There are two basic facts about opioid medications for pain. Firstly, they have no ceiling effect, meaning they have no dosage level at which they cease to give a therapeutic effect. Secondly, they have no maximum dose. They can be given until pain control is achieved without regard to the size of the total dose. You can check this for yourself by reading medical and nursing literature. As far as 'dosage escalation', unfortunately, this will most likely be because of the underlying problem becoming worse, not so-called 'tolerance'. Your doctor, when referring to a 'maximum dose' for oxycodone, is saying something that is incorrect.

There are two basic facts about opioid medications for pain. Firstly, they have no ceiling effect, meaning they have no dosage level at which they cease to give a therapeutic effect. Secondly, they have no maximum dose. They can be given until pain control is achieved without regard to the size of the total dose. You can check this for yourself by reading medical and nursing literature. As far as 'dosage escalation', unfortunately, this will most likely be because of the underlying problem becoming worse, not so-called 'tolerance'. Your doctor, when referring to a 'maximum dose' for oxycodone, is saying something that is incorrect.

I don't doubt you are correct in saying they don't cease having a therapeutic effect at a given level (ceiling), but you seem to mistake that to mean they can always be raised, when that is not true of any substance in this world.

You're forgetting to account for the fact that the human body can only tolerate so much of one thing without experiencing toxicity- there's not a single thing in existence that this does not apply to.

So it very well may be true that therapeutic potential is always possible with a dosage increase, but that only means so much when the human body has its limitations.

And plenty of negative effects are to be had far before it even reaches levels of toxicity anyway, effects making the treatment unviable.
So it's not like the dosage can just be raised an unlimited number of times or a limitless quantity ingested at one time- to no end. There's always an end.
Just because I can keep experiencing beneficial effects of any particular substance past a dosage sufficient for toxic death doesn't mean I'm not gonna die, does it? And then when my death happens, probably not much point in the effects then lol.

-PA

I dont know what to do but my current prescription of Oxycodone 20mg IR dont work for pain anymore. My dosage has been escalating since last year and my doctor said im on the maximum dose. If my pain cant to adequately managed ill never be able to work again, if so ill have to tell the doctor to sign me off for the rest of my life. I dont know what to do. I've got an appointment with my GP tomorrow and I dont know what to say to him. A few months ago he said the next step is anaesthesia. What is anaesthesia? What drugs do they involve? Cheers.

PS: I'm taking Clonazepam to help keep my mind off the pain. I know I shouldn't mix opioids and benzos, but at the moment in time I really dont care where my life goes. As the depression from the pain is so bad!

Well, it could mean a variety of things. And especially since you're in the UK, I'm less sure since I'm not all too knowledgeable on their preferred medical practices. But I would say probably your best possibility (and I certainly hope becomes the case since sounds like you'd be prefect candidate based off your personal circumstances you've stated here) would be ketamine. Not only is it proven for pain, but opioid tolerance reduction too! And it doesn't even stop there either- depression! This treatment would benefit you in so many ways, and likely quite effectively! But I'm completely in the dark as to the medical community's relationship with ketamine across the pond.....you hear much about it?

But you know, even if that doesn't happen, there may still be yet another treatment that could be just as, if not more, effective for you, so certainly no need for over the top discouragement or disappointment if they decide otherwise. Sounds like there's still many possibilities and hope for you yet- try not to get too down, I certainly understand that's much easier said than done in such a situation though......trust me, I fucking know. You're far from hopeless though, so don't forget still many possibilities that could be successful. Keep head up evo.

-PA

There is nothing in the rulebook for xanax withdrawal unless you actually have a seizure. A doctor in or out of a hospital is currently free to listen to your story and believe you or not believe you and make an opinion of his own wit. Some hospitals have Detox programs or something like carrier clinic has to give you some sort of atleast 3-14 day taper,

because i went to carrier clinic at the Entrance questionaire you are honest with the doctor about what you have been abusing and at what MG.

I was abusing 2 Mg xanax at the time, and signed up for that, because it was true and i wanted a fast taper so literally for 3 days they gave me 1.5 MG- 1 MG- .5 MG and i was fine leaving.

You could have stayed up to 9 days, but beyond that yeah nobodys going to guarantee you still have to taper. Detox is short because you get the comfort of knowing you arent going to seize without supervision on sight so within 14 days as long as you havent had a seizure and youv suffered very fast they call it Finished.

As much as I wish the world worked this way, you will not be coddled with takehome Valium script tapers from new Docs if something happened to your old one/or you never had a doc to begin with for them.

If you live in the hood, you can walk out of clinics/psychiatrist offices with scripts for 2 full Bars or a couple xanax footballs from many doctors easily alongside an opiod treatment program or just ever see someones African American uncle from the hood? They always got benzos prescribed like candy. So in ghetto neighborhoods Heroin addicts will sell their full Xanny script very cheap as a source of income to buy dope.

If you live elsewhere, benzos are hard to get when you are withdrawing from them and have no more source without contacting the correct detox facility or being carted off in an ambulence after having your first seizure, they only give a white guy/gal benzos for like schizophrenia in new jersey.

Last edited:
I started to withdraw cold turkey from 2 mg of day benzos and went to my local Urgent care, explained the situation, doctor said all he could do is recommend going to the ER. I asked him if hed even be okay with a 3 day long script for like .5 .25 .125 mg to be taken since I had to see if I would be okay. Nope. Go to the Er he said. went to the doors of the ER like 3-4 times when i was using supplements like Valerian root, etc alongside dextroampheramine (40-70 mg) within the week of cold turkeying 2 mg a day xanax, but i never went into the hospital, had anxiety so severe i was too scared to face anyone and usually calmed my anxiety attacks outside doors of hospital knowing if i had a seizure atleast someone would instantly save me. I could have sworn i was at risk for a seizure but who knows.

Finally i went to carrier clinic and had a Three day long klonopin taper. The doctors at Carrier clinic said
2-4 MG of xanax a day would not cause concerns for a seizure and youd have to be atleast 6- 8 mg in a short period of time like a couple months or possibly 4 mg/day 1 year + but not even long term 2 mg.
I disagreed with them but i was allowed to detox

It depends how long I guess Xanax lasts in your bloodstream.

Last edited:

Well, it could mean a variety of things. And especially since you're in the UK, I'm less sure since I'm not all too knowledgeable on their preferred medical practices. But I would say probably your best possibility (and I certainly hope becomes the case since sounds like you'd be prefect candidate based off your personal circumstances you've stated here) would be ketamine. Not only is it proven for pain, but opioid tolerance reduction too! And it doesn't even stop there either- depression! This treatment would benefit you in so many ways, and likely quite effectively! But I'm completely in the dark as to the medical community's relationship with ketamine across the pond.....you hear much about it?

But you know, even if that doesn't happen, there may still be yet another treatment that could be just as, if not more, effective for you, so certainly no need for over the top discouragement or disappointment if they decide otherwise. Sounds like there's still many possibilities and hope for you yet- try not to get too down, I certainly understand that's much easier said than done in such a situation though......trust me, I fucking know. You're far from hopeless though, so don't forget still many possibilities that could be successful. Keep head up evo.

-PA

Sorry Ketamine is highly abused in my country, especially in my city (Liverpool). He would just chase me lol.

There is nothing in the rulebook for xanax withdrawal unless you actually have a seizure. A doctor in or out of a hospital is currently free to listen to your story and believe you or not believe you and make an opinion of his own wit. Some hospitals have Detox programs or something like carrier clinic has to give you some sort of atleast 3-14 day taper,

because i went to carrier clinic at the Entrance questionaire you are honest with the doctor about what you have been abusing and at what MG.

I was abusing 2 Mg xanax at the time, and signed up for that, because it was true and i wanted a fast taper so literally for 3 days they gave me 1.5 MG- 1 MG- .5 MG and i was fine leaving.

You could have stayed up to 9 days, but beyond that yeah nobodys going to guarantee you still have to taper. Detox is short because you get the comfort of knowing you arent going to seize without supervision on sight so within 14 days as long as you havent had a seizure and youv suffered very fast they call it Finished.

As much as I wish the world worked this way, you will not be coddled with takehome Valium script tapers from new Docs if something happened to your old one/or you never had a doc to begin with for them.

If you live in the hood, you can walk out of clinics/psychiatrist offices with scripts for 2 full Bars or a couple xanax footballs from many doctors easily alongside an opiod treatment program or just ever see someones African American uncle from the hood? They always got benzos prescribed like candy. So in ghetto neighborhoods Heroin addicts will sell their full Xanny script very cheap as a source of income to buy dope.

If you live elsewhere, benzos are hard to get when you are withdrawing from them and have no more source without contacting the correct detox facility or being carted off in an ambulence after having your first seizure, they only give a white guy/gal benzos for like schizophrenia in new jersey.

Fortunately I dont have a benzo problem. I only use them sparingly, have done for years. TBH I dont really like them cos of their ridiculously long half life.

Look into mindfulness, biofeedback, acutonics, and massage therapy in regards to pain management. You need non drug treatment methods. The drugs just bottle up the pain until the bottle explodes... You gotta pour the pain out before that happens