• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone disappointment

CedarDavid

Greenlighter
I had taken some oxycodone/acetaminophen pills last year (my Dad had some for his back). I think the oxycodone in each pill was 5mg. I remember taking a couple, and experiencing such a good feeling -- rather euphoric, energetic, and warm and fuzzy!

Just recently, I tried some more oxycodone. These are without the acetaminophen, and are also a 5mg strength. Well, I was looking forward to that same wonderfulness I had experienced months earlier. But I hardly felt anything!

Could I have some sort of tolerance that had built up? It had been at least 6 months between "trips". I also tried taking them with acetaminophen (500mg is all I had). Still, hardly anything!

Now, a couple of things have changed with me: first, I have tried edible (tinctures) marijuana recently -- and it didn't do anything for me either! The other drug I recently tried was some tramadol. It was nice but nothing all that great. So, could these more recent intakes have changed my brain somehow?

Thanks for any feedback.

Regards,
David

1. Acetaminophan is toxic and regular high consumption can cause liver failure and has absolutely no recreational or even psychoactive effects. Accidental acetaminophan poisoning or prolonged exposure due to opioid dependence is one of the top reasons for drug related hospitalization .

2. If these are your dads id highly recommend you dont take that them as he probably needs them for pain.

i highly doubt you've experienced any significant change in your brain just cause you smoked some weed and popped a tram
why the pills aren't working for you is pretty much mystery - but 5mgs are a low dose sooo

oh and stop nicking your dad's meds that's not cool

Last edited:
If they don't contain paracetamol then they could be oxycontin. It's the same drug but it's released slowly. If that's the case then 5mg is worthless for getting high.

In the future, be aware that Acetaminophen's synergy with Oxycodone is essentially limited to analgesia and won't ultimately contribute to a more pleasant experience unless you are living with pain. Could we get some information on dosages for the respective drugs that you've tried?

My two cents... I've noticed that is I smoke weed anytime within say a 6-8 hour window before I take any opioid it seems to cause the opioid to be less effective all around. I don't know if the thc effects any of the opioid receptors or anything but I've definitely noticed a difference.

Also if I take tram the same day before any of the more traditional opioids like hydrocodone or oxycodone their effect is also diminished for me.

Just my two cents.

Acetaminophen isn't a recreational drug. You're just punching yourself in the liver.

I agree with this,but if u take weed half hour after it potentiates smoke about .3 max
My two cents... I've noticed that is I smoke weed anytime within say a 6-8 hour window before I take any opioid it seems to cause the opioid to be less effective all around. I don't know if the thc effects any of the opioid receptors or anything but I've definitely noticed a difference.

Also if I take tram the same day before any of the more traditional opioids like hydrocodone or oxycodone their effect is also diminished for me.

Just my two cents.