• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone / Bupe Synergy

Xrs000

Greenlighter
I am curious as to the existence of a Oxycodone / Bupe synergy. I've seen others mention it occasionally so I'd like to see if anyone has a more in-depth experience to share.

I have been IV using opiates in varying dosages and durations on and off for years. Recently I've been using Oxycodone 30mg pills. This is about 6 months of a run using only these pills. I average 120mg-240mg a day. I usually IV 60mg-90mg each dose and repeat several times.

Because of a financial short fall I had recently I had picked up some generic Suboxones to help me through the occasional day without Oxy. These are the ones with AN415 printed on them. I also IV these, not because I believe it increases the effect or changes the high but because I hate the taste and have a fondness for the spike. I'd say normal dose hovers at 2mg.

I've noticed that if I do some Oxy and then a few hours later some Sub I get a combined buzz. The Oxy doesn't feel diminished yet I can still feel that subtle well being sensation from the Sub. Also even after using the Sub I can redose as soon as a few hours on Oxy and feel the entire expected effect.

The only explanation I can find for this is that the low dose of Sub combined with my high opiate tolerance means the Bupe isn't occupying all of my receptors thus leaving some free for the Oxy to bind. It must occupy so little I am able to experience my normal Oxy high.

Anyone ever experienced this effect? Does my theory make sense?