• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

oxycodone "as needed"

dixon99

Greenlighter
apologies if this question seems ridiculous...i have 30 mg oxycodone pills. I want to split them in quarters and just take a quarter a few times( like maybe 3 quarter pills a week) a week. if I do this, and stick to it...would I have any risk at withdrawal? i just want to use this oxy and alcohol in moderation to take the edge off. (not drinking alcohol and taking oxy on the same day).

If you are using them infrequently like the way you outlined, I don't think withdrawals would be an issue. Your question isn't ridiculous because it's good to be conscientious. :) Space out your doses and keep them low. You should be okay.

I'll second T. Infrequent use like that isn't likely to cause addiction, just be mindful that it stays infrequent.

Good luck to you.

thank you both! that's my goal...to avoid addiction and tolerance. I just really need it to take the edge off right now. I know the key is sticking to this schedule and not increasing the dose or frequency.

Keep it infrequent, not, a couple times a week, and by the holidays multiple times per day-that never happens ;)