• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Oxycodone and Kratom

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Lost a family member and am going through a lot emotionally. The physical pain with this has had me up for days. My friend just got Bali Gold Kratom. So far I have taken 30MG Oxycodone but spaced out with 10MG being my last dose. Took my daily Klonopin earlier as well. Since I didn't sleep I took my normal dosages earlier and am wondering if the Kratom will help me out in between doses. Have used it before for pain but never simultaneously

Sorry for you loss buddy.

I don’t have any knowledge of the Kratom, but your Oxy dose seems fine what is your tolerance?

Just be careful trying to numb your pain this way, forget the benzo’s in this regard. Talk to us we will keep you ticking over ??

Last edited:
In my experience: Kratom and opiods didn't mix well. Instead of "helping" they kinda hindered each other. Others may have some joy by mixing or using in the same dosing day; just didn't do anything for me.
I would use the kratom after depleting my opies. :)
IMO; opiates do not cover the spectrum of kratom. Although more euphoric, opiates are heavy at what they do. Kratom does a lot at once, albeit subtle. Forgiving IMO/E.
Bless

Yes, you can absolutely use kratom between doses of an opioid. I do this regularly and have been for 6 years or so.

What I have found in my numerous trials (seriously hundreds if not more) is that a full dose of kratom and a full dose of an opioid like hydrocodone or oxycodone leads to somewhat diminished effects and it is not as good as either substance alone.

However, I have found that a lower dose of kratom combines rather well with hydrocodone or oxycodone. Also, because I am completely physiologically addicted to kratom (daily habit for 5 years, at least an ounce a day, usually closer to two ounces per day) I have to take a large dose in the evening and I have found that I still experience withdrawl symptoms if I take only hydrocodone or oxycodone and no kratom unless the hydro or oxy dose is higher (like 40-60mg).

Every night I take ~15 grams of red bali and 3 hours later ingest 10-30mg of hydrocodone and find this works rather well to extend and enhance the painkilling effects.

As always, know your tolerance and your dose. Most importantly, be safe! That is my experience with combing kratom and prescription opioids. There are quite a few threads on this topic and many people state that they do not find the combo rather enjoyable.

dont eat for around 2 hours..shit jus have an empty stomach take about 5-7 grams of kratom it will push u threw.

As with and substance we choose to ingest (by whatever means) at the right dose and resbonsible use kratom beats opis any day (IMO). It got me off opi and benzos (owe this to the info within BL and some hard work). It does more than kill pain (IME) but to abuse it as one might opis is kinda counterproductive... just so much plant-matter errrrr....dietary fiber? Maybe it (kratom) can be abused... didn't try it (for long) in my couple years of use.
thinking of deleting this post but read somewhere it was being a pussy to do so... so.....

<This> absolutely toward kratom. It helped me through many times of what would have been plain hell withdrawals. Mostly from oxys and tramadol. Now I am getting decent kratom from a reputable vendor. Different strains to mix it up to tickle the receptors. And also it takes away cravings and najes my lower back pain way more manageable.

So if I offered you the choice between 20 Oxy 80’s or equivalent in Kratom you would transcend and gravitate straight to the plant matter?
I would choose the kratom (20x80s=~ah... prolly cant post prices so wont) is ~10kl of kratom... which would last me about 2-2.5yrs... whereas the oxy may make it a day or three and leave my without a friend so to speak/write.
It did so much more for me... maybe I was one of the luck ones. Still ain't gravitated back to oxy or benzo for issues... which is saying something: Broke some physical habits, maybe? IDK. Just appreciative.
Much respect.
Hey, bro/sis... getting older has taught me a thing or two about all at once or long term payout. I cannot be trusted with an all at once option. LOL
Peace

Lost a family member and am going through a lot emotionally. The physical pain with this has had me up for days. My friend just got Bali Gold Kratom. So far I have taken 30MG Oxycodone but spaced out with 10MG being my last dose. Took my daily Klonopin earlier as well. Since I didn't sleep I took my normal dosages earlier and am wondering if the Kratom will help me out in between doses. Have used it before for pain but never simultaneously
this sounds tough, i wanted to point out, your lack of sleep can also be agitated by the oxycodone, tends to keep me from sleeping for awhile after taking it, although being your only drug to relieve you of pain its a rough situation, have you tried taking some kpins later in the evening say 20-30min before trying to sleep? they usually have me drift off especially without any stimulants in me

I took 50mg of oxycodone then 2hrs later a er oxycotin 10mg. Mixed kratom 5gs 4hrs later, wasn't that bad. I liked the affect better than I expected. But I can tell you taking the oxy anyway was a one time thing, the kratom is better by itself.

They don't mix well because your brain prefers kratom. Kratom will block your opiate receptors

<This> absolutely toward kratom. It helped me through many times of what would have been plain hell withdrawals. Mostly from oxys and tramadol. Now I am getting decent kratom from a reputable vendor. Different strains to mix it up to tickle the receptors. And also it takes away cravings and najes my lower back pain way more manageable.
Hey man. I know this is a super old post but I’m looking to get off oxy(150mg/day) that I’ve been taking for a few months…. What’s a good vendor to purchase from and a Kratom substitution plan to eliminate withdrawals

Hey man. I know this is a super old post but I’m looking to get off oxy(150mg/day) that I’ve been taking for a few months…. What’s a good vendor to purchase from and a Kratom substitution plan to eliminate withdrawals
I cant advertise venders on here. Against B/L rules. Do a search on the internet. They also have better quality stuff than the headshop kratom.