• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone and Hydrocodone

Unknowntotheworld2

Greenlighter
Is it safe to mix the two together? I am running low on the oxy I am prescribed for my back (only have 10mg HCL half tab left) and in order for it to work on my back pain I need about 20 - 25mg. I have a 10mg tablet of hydrocodone left over from when I got switched in the past. Is it safe to mix the two together to get some kind of relief?

I wouldn’t do that doll unless you absolutely have to and are in a unbearable amount of pain

no, i mean the high will be equivalent to 17.5mg of hydro. 5mg of oxy equals 7.5mg of hydro. plus 10mg of hydro. the effects are additive. it’s not like mixing opiates and benzos where it will get you higher than adding the two effects.

GENGAR is just saying anything for who knows what reason.

no, i mean the high will be equivalent to 17.5mg of hydro. 5mg of oxy equals 7.5mg of hydro. plus 10mg of hydro. the effects are additive. it’s not like mixing opiates and benzos where it will get you higher than just adding the two effects.
Oh I understand. Okay that makes sense. Thanks.

Moving this to Basic Drug Discussion as it is not a trip report and you'll get better replies.

You will have a higher serum level of both for a somewhat longer time so it will be fine . . . there is also the incomplete overlap of the effects so you will have a wider spectrum of narcotic effects, like them when take oxycodone + hyoscine (scopolamine) + ephedrine right after morphine.

There is also the fact that especially codeine and its derivatives alter their own metabolism via the Cytochrome P450 pathways, so that can also help keep the serum levels of both hydrocodone and oxycodone up higher for a longer time.