• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone after opium, OD danger???

Jaredborgetti

Bluelighter
2 days ago I ate Oxycodone, Yesterday I ate opium about 24 hours ago, I still feel the effects a very miniscule amount, im wanting to take some oxycodone today, but im worried that I might still have morphine or codeine in my system, going by the half life of morphine and codeine, should most of it have cleared by now and am I safe after 24 hours to take oxycodone or is it possible I might overdose if I take the oxycodone due to still having codeine and morphine in my system? Thank you

I meant opium extracted directly from the poppy bro, not kratom, never tried it, as far as the combo oxycodone+opium is pretty nice

The potency of codeine and small amounts in latex make it of somewhat little importance. Morphine's half life is quite short and by the 5 T1/2 rule, 24 hours should be a sufficient clearance time. Although if you are still feeling it or ate a large amount of opium it probably wouldn't hurt to go easy on today's oxy dosage. You might be feeling the aftereffects of some of the other constituents like Thebaine or Noscapine, but they are much different than Morphine and not very psychoactive.

It's things like Methadone that I would worry about when it comes to accumulation, whereas Oxy and Morphine are def short acting with brief half lives.

Thank you Jekyl!

I did eat the oxy, for future reference, what opiates with long half life should I be weary about in a period of less than 24 hours besides methadone?

Aside from the more obscure ones like Levorphanol, Diphenoxylate, High dose Loperamide or maybe ORLAAM if you could still find it.. most anything in ER or extended Release formulation taken whole, Methadone is going to be the most common in IR long actings though.

I am still researching the causes and i've no evidence, BUT: I had a blackout with a small delirium before falling asleep like a rock few days a go, my gf said I was saying fucked up things like i am walking on the moon and such.
I've smoked approx 1 mg of Iso Butyr Fentanyl (cut with mannitol) in my glass pipe - I am researching it since the last week and this dosage has been always safe and with short legs.
Then i've smoked, always on my glass pipe, some fresh opium from Iran (pretty strong opium). All fine. Then I've smoked again after 20-30 minutes more 1.5 mg IBF. It COULD be i've put more, but for sure not more than 2-2.5mg (and I used to smoked this quantity already a few times) - and then it happened this blackout/delirium.

I've really no clues what else could it be, since I had days taking the same amount of IBF, this day the only difference was I smoked Opium.
so either it's really a "dangerous" combination, or I had bad luck and my IBF Mannitol mixed had maybe a "stone" that didn't cut properly and the blackout was caused from this instead from the opium combination.

I'll keep investigating.

I dont know about that mate, ive taken opium tea, smoked opium, eaten opium, and also combined with oxycodone and ive never had a thing like that happen, I think fentanyl is a more likely culprit.