• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone Abuse , do you have wierd side effects?

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
I’ve been abusing oxycodone for 9 months , and I have like odd head sensations and other things going on. I was just curious if anyone has had any of these.

Foggy headed
Dizzy
Lightheaded
Spacey
Hand falls asleep ALOT like odd circulation
Neuropathy
Neck hurts
Joint pains and achiness
Nausea

Is this from taking 100-200 mg of oxycodone a day for 5 months (prior 4 months started at 15 mg a day and risen).

Am I ok? Is my body or brain like deteriorating ? Wtf it’s very odd.

Yah that is very odd, after abusing every opioid there is over 15 years I’ve never experienced any of those side effects, other than certain areas/patches of skin feeling numb in areas of my body at times when I was injecting Heroin, but I attribute that to nodding out in uncomfortable positions lol. If you are prescribed the Oxy from a doctor I would suggest getting that stuff checked out make sure it’s not some other underlying condition unrelated to the Oxy? As far as your body or brain deteriorating from Oxy I don’t think that’s possible, opioids are generally easy on your organs unlike Acetaminophen or ibuprofen which takes a toll on your liver.

True Raizd, maybe it’s totally unrelated. It could be my health anxiety or my panic disorder and general anxiety. I am 30 years old, and otherwise healthy. Opioids are easy on your body even after years of using ?

Opioids are not toxic to organs. The main problem with long-term opioid use is hormone imbalance and tolerance/dependence, but neither should result in serious symptoms.

Opioids in high doses do make one lightheaded and dizzy, but it's usually something the user is looking for. Joint pain and achiness (hyperalgesia) are experienced during opioid withdrawal, but can also be present to some degree if you've been on the same dose for a long time and have developed tolerance to it - I have experienced it with codeine. I recommend getting yourself checked out just in case, because you may have some other health issue.

It's not unusual for dizziness, nausea and lightheadedness to occur with oxycodone. Did you start to feel these symptoms recently or has this been an ongoing thing since you raised your dosage? One thing that comes to mind is you were taking oxymorphone yesterday so it's possible that you are experiencing some lingering effects from that. Also are you still on Cymbalta? it could be a drug interaction making these symptoms more pronounced.

Do you have orthopedic issues with your back, shoulders or neck? The reason I ask is because I have arthritis and herniated disc and I get numbness in my hands quite a bit. I'm not trying to bombard you with questions but how much oxy do you take daily on average? There is a big difference between 100 and 200 mg so with larger dosages, your chances of unwanted side effects increase. You should bring this up with your doctor if your symptoms don't improve or get worse.

That is weird Mizer. Like someone else said, I have eaten, shot, and sniffed every opioid you can imagine (and some you may haven't even heard of) and they have all been good to me for decades. They are, of course, non-toxic (with the exception of some reactions in some people, like some people building up toxic levels of meperidine/Demerol's active metabalite normeperidine with prolonged, heavy use, but opies are generally some of the most gentle drugs on the body).

The part about numbness due to circulation reminds me of a condition I now have. After years of poking holes in my veins to inject drugs, my veins are shot and I very few hit-able veins left that pop up now and then. It causes numbness, tingling, and poor circulation as the result of collapsed veins. Do you, or have you ever, injected a lot of drugs IV? That could be a cause of the circulatory thing. All of the other things you list sound like the side effects of a pretty decent amount of oxycodone daily, with a sharp rise in dosage (from 15mg at start to 100-200mg within the short space of 5 months), so that all sounds normal-ish, except for the neuropathy, which I would definitely bring up to my prescriber, as it sounds like a symptom of another medical condition that you should have checked pronto, before it get worse.