Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Oxycodone/40 mgs) New experience: My first encounter with Oxycontin

Your not the only one........

I perfer a good dose of Hydrocodone over Oxycodone any day of the week.
The reason being is because I find Oxy to be more of a speedy less sedating/nodding type of Opiate, and though I've never had the pleasure of trying smack, I like that "I cant move and drooling on myself nod" than a psuedo-speedy opiate buzz with no real heavy "nod"(oxy).

Not sure what kind of oxy you've tried, but the ones I get (OC/80) imprints and they are greenish color cause me to nod just as much as any dope I've done (I only bumped the H). I've had other oxys, generics, I believe and nothing really happens when I bump it so I have to eat them. The high isn't nearly as good tho.

Sorry man, but if you take the coating off, it becomes instant release. Otherwise there would be no coating. Ive been taking oxy's for years, ive eaten thousands of em:)Oxycontin has no abuse-preventive matrix in the pill, only the coating.

I'll bet the coating's gone as soon as the pill hits a person's stomach.

You know how I'm currently supporting my opiate habit? With nothing at all.

I get my oxycodone ER/IR for free. A family member just loves me that much. I'm irresponsible with my dosing habit so now I'm up to 260-300mg per shot but what am I to do about that? Quit or something? Pff-hahhah.

Snip

Last edited by a moderator:
snip Oxy is nice but I still perfer hydrocodone or hydromorphone to it.

first affair with oxycontin & Im in love

I am new to this forum, and I don't know how to post a subject, but today I got turned on to 20 free 30mg oxy's. I felt like I did a shot of heroin. Then I drank a bottle of alcohol and took more oxys. I am in love with this new feeling BUT I know iis an addiction and Im a very addictive personality. I have heard of people ODing from mixing pills & alcohol. So now I am trying to slow down on the oxy, well this day, and I am getting Suboxone in a few days and plan to stop, but now since I've "tasted this apple" I am open up to my addiction all over again, what should I do? My suboxone doctor will nail me if he knows about this.:!

re: Xui

I do understand about addiction as well. So things are going easy and smoothe for you as far as your family member supporting your perscription or whatever, but you puffed about the idea of quitting and I was wondering if you really were serious. I do want to quit. But, I do not function normally totally sober, at least I do not feel good. But for me I noticed there is a high price to pay, whether it be financial or the natural consequences of withdrawal. I was accused of abusing my perscription. What is the difference? I wonder who really does care about people who want to quit but find it difficult to remain quit for only a couple years at best. I don't know, but my doc is very gracious to me also. Free subutex for two years from "Here to Help" Patient assistance program. I hope he has a plan to taper me off. But my point is that truly nothing comes for free, There's my debt for all these free bees of "feelin' groovy" for so many years. It is worth it if you can live without it. But some people need it for pain and antidepressant effects. I wish I felt as good as I do on OxyContin all the time. But I know its not realistic.

Damnit! I shot myself in the foot again! Discovered the seductive powers of this time released oxycontin today and it could be a turn for hell. I love it its like a continuous shot of Heroin, thats the problem is I love its effects so much that I am scard about it releasing this monster addict inside me. Does anyone else know how I feel??????

YES be careful, did it it the other way though started snorting oxy, got to doing 240-320mg a day, and started shooting heroin because I could afford to get high that way. EPIC FAIL two years of memories in know real good order and 3 rehabs laters, im finally just taking small amounts of pain pills again and its not the same as it used to be. I would trade the last 4-5 years of doing the pills if I could

Interesting that you liked Hydros better, which is the only opiate I have much experience with. Good stuff, but only for special occasions =)

My favorite is equal parts hydrocodone and oxycodone. I feel that combined the effect is more pleasurable than either drug on its own taken in the same quantities as combined.

For example: 15mg hydro + 15mg oxy is far more enjoyable than either 30mg of hydro alone or 30mg of oxy alone.

In my opinion it is a more complete high when mixed. Sorta like a puzzle with only two pieces. Sure either drug alone is great but together it is a more full and enjoyable high.

Hydro I find to be more stimulating and warming but with no real euphoria and Oxy i find to be more stoning and sedating. Together i get immense euphoria with sensations of vertigo and giddiness but not edgy and stimulated.

Everything BUT the coating (white interior) on an OC is the time release mechanism. The coating is just for coloration for easy identification. If the coating were the time release then after your stomach ate through it or you licked it off, it would still release the whole 80mg at once. If the coating were the only time release how could tap water dissolve it so quickly? Also you can tell an OC is a "harder" pill then a roxy if you've crushed them both before. I was trying to find a reliable source but the only thing I can find are other forums with discussion.

Sorry man, but if you take the coating off, it becomes instant release. Otherwise there would be no coating. Ive been taking oxy's for years, ive eaten thousands of em:)Oxycontin has no abuse-preventive matrix in the pill, only the coating.

WRONG!! the coating is there for the imprint, thats all!

You could not be more wrong. The coating is only for the purpose of making it easier to swallow and to color code them to make them easy to identify the dosage.

rxlist said:
OxyContin consists of a dual-polymer matrix, intended for oral use only. Abuse of the crushed tablet poses a hazard of overdose and death. This risk is increased with concurrent abuse of alcohol and other substances. With parenteral abuse, the tablet excipients, especially talc, can be expected to result in local tissue necrosis, infection, pulmonary granulomas, and increased risk of endocarditis and valvular heart injury. Parenteral drug abuse is commonly associated with transmission of infectious diseases such as hepatitis and HIV.

OxyContin controlled-release tablets contain oxycodone HCl and are prepared using the AcroContin delivery system, which is an improvement upon the Contin system.[12] The AcroContin system provides a biphasic absorption profile due to both an immediate release of drug within one hour, which cannot be achieved using the Contin system, and a prolonged release over 12 hours. This system uses a dual-controlled matrix consisting of 2 hydrophobic polymers (ammonio methacrylate copolymer). After ingestion, the GI fluid dissolves the tablet coating, exposing the hydrophobic acrylic matrix. An initial amount of oxycodone (~30-40% of the respective dose) is immediately released upon contact with the GI fluid, which begins channeling into the pores of the tablet matrix. As GI fluid enters the tablet matrix, it dissolves the entrapped drug, which slowly diffuses out of the matrix pores. Oxycodone release from the tablets is pH independent, which allows for a uniform release throughout the GI tract. Since the matrix is hydrophobic and does not dissolve, patients should be advised that they may pass empty tablets or "ghosts" in the stool or via colostomy, and that this is not a concern since the active ingredient has already been released from the tablet.

source:

http://www.rxlist.com/oxycontin-drug.htm
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/542574_4

Your not the only one........

I perfer a good dose of Hydrocodone over Oxycodone any day of the week.
The reason being is because I find Oxy to be more of a speedy less sedating/nodding type of Opiate, and though I've never had the pleasure of trying smack, I like that "I cant move and drooling on myself nod" than a psuedo-speedy opiate buzz with no real heavy "nod"(oxy).

But anyways, some people like different opiates...........
But that doesn't mean if someone was offering oxy super cheap or free I wouldn't grab a few, LOL

wow I'm kinda opposite of you but the speedy effects of oxy over hydro definitely sticks out to me and I never realized that! thanks

Yeah I'm surprised at all the people saying oxy is speedy and hydro is sedating. I get the exact opposite effects. Hydro is speedy for me, I can take ti and still get things done. Oxy on the other hand makes me wanna lay around and be lazy. That said I far enjoy oxy over hydro.

lol :) So you have been just eating your oxies without chewing them?

Good one!!

When I think hydro, hydromorphone comes to mind. I find that a nice heavy hitter that'll make you nod, for sure, especially when taken IV. I'd take it any day over oxycodone, for pain relief and for euphoria. I do agree with the folks that at low doses oxy has more of a speedy effect than say morphine or hydromorph. However, I will continue the quest to find my beloved oxymorphone. Has anyone here had the chance to try it? Opana IR 10 mg tabs would be sweeeeeet! Do any of the Canadians know if it's available here? I don't think it is; however, I could be wrong.

I've never had the chance to try hydrocodone, but I'm sure it would beat codeine for WD periods if I run out of my script a bit early. It seems to be a really popular med in the United States. We only have it available as Hycodan syrup here in Canada, other than dosage forms available in hospital.
With prices like that, I'd take the oxycodone any day. I must say, it would be cool to pop enough 80's to keep you flying for 8-12 hours, I've yet to try that. The codones do take the cake as far as oral administration go.
To the person mentioning the anti-depressant effects, they have an entire field of specific drugs for a reason. Trying to use a pure mu-agonist for those effects will take you down the highway to hell; your tolerance would constantly be rising and also intoxication takes place around the point of the anxiolytic/antidepressant effects. Stick to what your doc has to offer (if you have a good GP).

I took Hydro for 10 yeas and never tried Oxycontin until recently, within the last six months. I also thought the hydro was a better buzz but once I started snorting the oxy, I could never get a buzz off the hydro again. Unless I drank the liquid hydromet syrup. Other than that they stopped working.

- It's against bluelight policy to ask for sources! -