• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Oxybutinin and sweating

HepcatB

Greenlighter
I was just prescribed 5mg of Oxybutinin to be taken twice a day for overactive bladder. I read that one of its side effects is reduced sweating. I currently take Trintellix, Geodon, Lamictal, Vyvanse, Ambien, Nuvigil, Hytrin, Lomotil, Lisinopril, Melatonin and Vitamin D. Do any of these medications have adverse effects when combined with Oxybutinin? One or more of the meds that I am already on makes me sweat a lot. When I take the Oxybutinin, I still sweat when I get hot. Should I worry about this?

That's quite the cocktail of meds but I'd place more concern on the Vyvanse + Trintellix and serotonin syndrome, than any particular one with the Oxybutynin. Normal thermal regulation, ie sweating shouldn't be a major concern as oxybutynin possibly helps with hyperhidrosis but doesn't block sweating entirely. A second concern might be some possible orthostatic hypotension, heavy acetylcholine inhibition and excess sedation regarding a large part of the total cocktail of meds. Though you didn't have any complaints about that.

Really this should be brought up with your prescribing doctor as that's some heavy pharmacotherapy but I wouldn't be concerned with the sweating or lack thereof though unless hyperthermia becomes an issue.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17057269

I dont understand when you get hot you sweat how is that something to worry about. Id worry if despite being hot you didnt sweat.

I take an anticholinergic and still am drentched after a run.

Do any of these medications have adverse effects when combined with Oxybutinin?
Your on wayyyy too many meds for in my opinion me or anyone to try to answer this. You need a medical professional. Not only is it alot of meds its alot of different types of meds.

One or more of the medications I'm on causes me to sweat. I don't know which one. As for the cocktail of drugs that I take, they work and I feel much better than I did before I started taking them. I was barely able to leave the house and now I work full-time, something I couldn't do without my meds I'm afraid to quit taking any of them because I'm afraid I'll upset the balance. I don't have any severe side effects so I'm going to stick with the status quo for now.